Author Topic: Xzibit's New Album Underrated & Overlooked Through Kendrick Hype  (Read 4539 times)

Sccit

Re: Xzibit's New Album Underrated & Overlooked Through Kendrick Hype
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »
Checked out a couple songs like 1983 and the Alkaholiks one on Youtube and they were boring as fuck. Maybe the rest of the album is better, dunno, lost interest already.

Kendrick's album has some really captivating songs.

spoken like a true eurowigger

eurowigger

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2012, 07:53:40 PM »
Checked out a couple songs like 1983 and the Alkaholiks one on Youtube and they were boring as fuck. Maybe the rest of the album is better, dunno, lost interest already.

If you got a problem with it... enjoy your problem, dick sucker!

Sccit

« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2012, 08:02:09 PM »

If you got a problem with it... enjoy your problem, dick sucker!

no thanks

Will_B

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2012, 02:59:08 AM »

Fail because a real euro wigger would be claiming both album GOAT :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2012, 04:41:13 AM »

Fail because a real euro wigger would be claiming both album GOAT :laugh:

i only said that because his name is eurowigger.... in reality, he's probably a mexicanamerican

eurowigger

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2012, 10:13:39 AM »
The funny thing is Kendrick actually has pretty limited appeal in Europe and mainly in places like the UK and Ireland because you need to be fairly versed in the English language to appreciate his music.

Xzibit on the other hand is immensely popular because of beat-driven pop singles like Paparazzi, the TV show Pimp My Ride (which got licensed even to places that don't get MTV), and more recently internet meme pictures..

bouli77

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2012, 10:23:34 AM »
yeah Nik was jokin though.

but yeah your typical Euro is more likely to be a Xzibit fan than a Kendrick fan... traditional westcoast sound, one of the frontmen of the 2001 era (with X being an emblematic single), Pimp My Ride too. on the other hand Kendrick is getting more popular these days because of the radio push and the Dre association but if anything it's more hipster rap over here.

hrsmn_london

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2012, 04:13:04 AM »
I've not heard X's album yet but I have the CD. I was disappointed with Kendrick's album after the first listen. He sounds like a Lil Wayne copy in both flow and sound for about half the CD. I nearly threw the CD out my car window at one point.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2013, 09:45:56 AM »
I've not heard X's album yet but I have the CD. I was disappointed with Kendrick's album after the first listen. He sounds like a Lil Wayne copy in both flow and sound for about half the CD. I nearly threw the CD out my car window at one point.

That's what I did.  No lie, I didn't throw it out of the window of the car but I did throw it in the trash can at the airport.  I thought about giving it to someone else but that album is contaminated and I didn't want to spread it to anyone else. 

I had to stop after the first four joints and I never heard the last 2/3rd's of the album... does it get any better?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2013, 09:48:59 AM »

If your only going to check out a couple songs and judge the cd off of that then at least check out "Meaning of Life".   "Meaning of Life" is the one, certifiable banger on the album.  "Meaning of Life" can give you that "Papparazi" or "Best of Things" type of feel that made Xzibit one of the greats.  All the tracks are good listens though, with the exception of the title track when he tried to make a rock song.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:50:50 AM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2012 and 13' »

Sccit

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2013, 12:27:09 PM »

That's what I did.  No lie, I didn't throw it out of the window of the car but I did throw it in the trash can at the airport.  I thought about giving it to someone else but that album is contaminated and I didn't want to spread it to anyone else. 

I had to stop after the first four joints and I never heard the last 2/3rd's of the album... does it get any better?

the kendrick album has some good joints on it, only a couple truly west coast sounding joints, though (2nd half of "m.a.a.d city" with mc eiht was the highlight of the album)....it's not a masterpiece, but i wouldnt throw it out. there was still some very good sequencing by dre on the album, and lyrically, kendrick is good. i definitely can understand that it's not ur style of music, tho.

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2013, 12:35:45 PM »

If your only going to check out a couple songs and judge the cd off of that then at least check out "Meaning of Life".   "Meaning of Life" is the one, certifiable banger on the album.  "Meaning of Life" can give you that "Papparazi" or "Best of Things" type of feel that made Xzibit one of the greats.  All the tracks are good listens though, with the exception of the title track when he tried to make a rock song.

i didnt like the title track "napalm" at first, but even thats good for what it is....

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2013, 01:34:56 PM »
Louis XIII sounds like Rocwilder to me, disappointing beat whoever produced it. But the chemistry between the emcees is great on that song. Shame alot of the guests and producers aren't on X's level on that LP.

Anything willing to associate itself with drake is for retardedshitheadedfaggots.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2013, 03:16:13 PM »
Louis XIII sounds like Rocwilder to me, disappointing beat whoever produced it. But the chemistry between the emcees is great on that song. Shame alot of the guests and producers aren't on X's level on that LP.

Anything willing to associate itself with drake is for retardedshitheadedfaggots.

"Louis 13th" was produced by Dre, and that beat is dope like all of Dre's beats.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2013, 03:17:20 PM »

the kendrick album has some good joints on it, only a couple truly west coast sounding joints, though (2nd half of "m.a.a.d city" with mc eiht was the highlight of the album)....it's not a masterpiece, but i wouldnt throw it out. there was still some very good sequencing by dre on the album, and lyrically, kendrick is good. i definitely can understand that it's not ur style of music, tho.

I may check out the MCEiht joint on youtube then