Author Topic: NFL mid-season report  (Read 890 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: NFL mid-season report
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 03:21:35 PM »
lol @ people who think injures are "luck" and not PART OF THE GAME

such a bad argument

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »

such a bad argument

of course theyre part of football

but having him hurt for the SB was some good good good timing (see "luck") for your Giants
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 04:33:13 PM »

such a bad argument

but having him hurt for the SB was some good good good timing (see "luck") for your Giants

1-ask would-be starter Terrell Thomas about Gronkowski's injury and see what HE says

2-then ask would-be starter Jonathan Goff about HIS 2011 season with the G Men and see if he feels bad for Gronk

3-Prince missed 9 games last year...he might envy Gronk too.

4-the Patriots can easily win games without Gronk in the lineup and making excuses for him is saying Tom Brady isn't a HOF quarterback

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 04:43:55 PM »

such a bad argument

1-ask would-be starter Terrell Thomas about Gronkowski's injury and see what HE says

2-then ask would-be starter Jonathan Goff about HIS 2011 season with the G Men and see if he feels bad for Gronk

4-the Patriots can easily win games without Gronk in the lineup and making excuses for him is saying Tom Brady isn't a HOF quarterback

hold up.  so youre saying gronk being 15 percent of what he normally would be wasnt a lucky break for the giants, more so than the dudes youre talking about being out?  cmon

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 04:45:52 PM »

such a bad argument

hold up.  so youre saying gronk being 15 percent of what he normally would be wasnt a lucky break for the giants, more so than the dudes youre talking about being out?  cmon

missing two starters for the entire season > having your DANCING TO LMFAO AFTER THE GAME ASS tight end being 85% healthy

you saying Brady can't win without one of his two elite tight ends?  as if the Giants weren't missing their #1 tight end half the season  :eh:

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »

such a bad argument

missing two starters for the entire season > having your DANCING TO LMFAO AFTER THE GAME ASS tight end being 85% healthy

you saying Brady can't win without one of his two elite tight ends?  as if the Giants weren't missing their #1 tight end half the season  :eh:

I like how you didnt address my other points.

But back to gronk, he wasnt 85 percent.  And, hernandez isnt half of what gronk is/was then.  Elite?  Meh.  Of course Brady can win without them, he already did right?  ;)

And really terrell thomas and prince are much more replaceable than gronkowski.  Defensive players can be plugged into a good scheme whereas you arent getting gronk's offensive output from any other TE, yes including hernandez. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 05:56:32 AM »
top teams as of right meow

1-Giants
2-49ers
3-Falcons
4-Texans
5-Ravens
6-Bears
7-Patriots
8-Broncos
9-Packers
10-Lions

Giants too high on that list.  Cant get a lucky playoff run every year.

No other team is as mentally tough as the Giants.  That isn't luck.  They know that somehow someway they will find a way to win.  I wouldn't pick against them in the big games

A dude catching a football on his helmet and Gronkowski getting a hobbling ankle injury all seem pretty lucky to me.  Oh and not to mention a good returner fumbling a ball at the end of a game.

I see your point, but those things listed above are facts.

You know what else is a fact? Holding the top scoring offense in the league to under 20 points twice in two Superbowl match ups. That's 14 and 17 points respectively. Nothing lucky about that.

and I've said this before the Pats were the beneficieries of more luck in there 3 SB wins than the Giants were in there two. It all started with a fumble, a refusal to run the ball with Marshsall, a last minute kick off out of bounds, and a QB suffering from the flu.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 06:09:18 PM »
top teams as of right meow

1-Giants
2-49ers
3-Falcons
4-Texans
5-Ravens
6-Bears
7-Patriots
8-Broncos
9-Packers
10-Lions

Giants too high on that list.  Cant get a lucky playoff run every year.

No other team is as mentally tough as the Giants.  That isn't luck.  They know that somehow someway they will find a way to win.  I wouldn't pick against them in the big games

A dude catching a football on his helmet and Gronkowski getting a hobbling ankle injury all seem pretty lucky to me.  Oh and not to mention a good returner fumbling a ball at the end of a game.

I see your point, but those things listed above are facts.

You know what else is a fact? Holding the top scoring offense in the league to under 20 points twice in two Superbowl match ups. That's 14 and 17 points respectively. Nothing lucky about that.

and I've said this before the Pats were the beneficieries of more luck in there 3 SB wins than the Giants were in there two. It all started with a fumble, a refusal to run the ball with Marshsall, a last minute kick off out of bounds, and a QB suffering from the flu.

please you gloss over what i percieve as luck and come back with a qb had the sniffles

bottom line is, and stop me where im wrong, that the giants have been extremely lucky.  whats so wrong with that?

their defense did a good job holding the pats, sure.  but you cant argue my points.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 08:41:37 PM »

please you gloss over what i percieve as luck and come back with a qb had the sniffles

bottom line is, and stop me where im wrong, that the giants have been extremely lucky.  whats so wrong with that?

their defense did a good job holding the pats, sure.  but you cant argue my points.

Not as much as you glossed over the other facts I mentioned.

And yes I agree that the Giants offense has been very lucky in the both wins, but the Giants defense put the pressure on in both games and shut down the Pats offense twice. Of course I can't think of more than 1 playoff game Brady has looked good in since 2007 against the Jags. That one game was against the Broncos last year.

2007 against the Charges he played poorly. In the Superbowl he played mediocre at best. I 2009 against Baltimore he played like shit. In 2010 against the Jets he played almost as bad as the year before. And last year he played great against Denver but pretty bad against Baltimore and below average in the Superbowl. His entire career is legitimized by games the team won 9 years ago a nd longer; games that could have been won with Chad Pennington.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 11:04:25 PM »

And yes I agree that the Giants offense has been very lucky in the both wins, but the Giants defense put the pressure on in both games and shut down the Pats offense twice. Of course I can't think of more than 1 playoff game Brady has looked good in since 2007 against the Jags. That one game was against the Broncos last year.

2007 against the Charges he played poorly. In the Superbowl he played mediocre at best. I 2009 against Baltimore he played like shit. In 2010 against the Jets he played almost as bad as the year before. And last year he played great against Denver but pretty bad against Baltimore and below average in the Superbowl. His entire career is legitimized by games the team won 9 years ago a nd longer; games that could have been won with Chad Pennington.

damn u hate tom brady.  do u really believe all that?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 07:21:09 AM »

Ofcourse I believe that, but I think a lot highr of Chad than most people. He's one of the smartest QBs in any era and all the 01 to 04 Pats needed was a QB that wasn't mistake prone. In the first year they won by barely even throwing for 3,000 yards, and never hit 4,000 in any of the years, about a 60% completion percentage, and a 1.8 to 1 TD to INT ratio. Brady was a very mediocre QB. Since then he's become very good, and he hasn't won any rings. In the 01 playoffs the Pats D and ST had more TDs than Brady, and Bledsoe threw for just as many.

Watch those playoff games again, ou'll see very consertaive dink and dunk offense 90% of the time squezing out very close wins on the back of the defense and special teams. Pennington could have done that. He never would have been able to do what Brady did from 07 onwards, but zero rings all the same.

Shallow Jr

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 12:47:26 PM »
Tom Brady is an overrated piece of shit. If Peyton had those teams they would have won 15 superbowls minimum.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 02:47:06 PM »
Tom Brady is an overrated piece of shit. If Peyton had those teams they would have won 15 superbowls minimum.

I'm starting to really like you.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 04:15:33 PM »
Giants > Pats w or w/o gronk. Its not luck when every time you meet the same team in a crucial game you beat em. Youre just better.

Wash year for my Titans. Just waitin to see what Jake does when he comes back.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 06:25:37 PM »

Ofcourse I believe that, but I think a lot highr of Chad than most people. He's one of the smartest QBs in any era and all the 01 to 04 Pats needed was a QB that wasn't mistake prone. In the first year they won by barely even throwing for 3,000 yards, and never hit 4,000 in any of the years, about a 60% completion percentage, and a 1.8 to 1 TD to INT ratio. Brady was a very mediocre QB. Since then he's become very good, and he hasn't won any rings. In the 01 playoffs the Pats D and ST had more TDs than Brady, and Bledsoe threw for just as many.

Watch those playoff games again, ou'll see very consertaive dink and dunk offense 90% of the time squezing out very close wins on the back of the defense and special teams. Pennington could have done that. He never would have been able to do what Brady did from 07 onwards, but zero rings all the same.

So your argument is Brady was meh when he won his superbowls, then got good and cant win em, and chad penningtons a comparable qb that couldve replaced brady?  uuuhhh..