Author Topic: NFL mid-season report  (Read 888 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: NFL mid-season report
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »

So your argument is Brady was meh when he won his superbowls, then got good and cant win em, and chad penningtons a comparable qb that couldve replaced brady?  uuuhhh..

My argument is what it has always been; the QB may be the single most important player on the field, but nowhere near the deciding aspect to team wins and losses. Tom Brady is head and shoulders a better QB than he was in his first 4 years. This Tom Brady should rather easily have won the first 3 rings, and that Tom Brady probably wouldn't have won a playoff game with the current Pats. (except for the Denver game last year, and Tom couldn't have played much worse in the Ravens game, so who knows). The year the Colts won their ring, Peyton was only better than mediocre for one half out of four full games. Had the Colts played as well as they did in 06 for the 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, or 10 campaigns, and Peyton played exactly as he did in those years everyone would have had more rings in Indy than they currently do.

Teams win because teams win. Pennington could have won a ring with the 04 Pats, or the 05 Steelers just the same. The only time a QB change would affect a SB year is when the winning or losing team had to deal with exceptionally good or exceptionally bad QB play. Eli on last year's Niners and they win it all, and Pennington on the 09 Packers do not. But Tom, and Ben in 05, simply did not have to do all that much. I do not think Chad could have made the plays at the end needed for Pitt to beat Arizona, but I don't think Ben could have done it twice either. Stars aligned on that one.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 11:04:07 PM »
Giants > Pats w or w/o gronk. Its not luck when every time you meet the same team in a crucial game you beat em. Youre just better.

Wash year for my Titans. Just waitin to see what Jake does when he comes back.

good to see the Titans SQUISH THE FISH today

Remedy360

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2012, 12:22:51 AM »
I was at the game today, Jets suck lolz

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 07:36:56 PM »

I would say that Brady raped the Jets D on thanksgiving.... ;)

Thought that couldnt be done.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 11:27:55 PM »

1-no Revis

2-the only player on this team with heart is Landry

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 04:54:45 PM »

1-no Revis

injuries are just part of the game....right? haha

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »
but i do feel for ya, having disasterous seasons is something ive grown accustomed to recently with dallas

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 04:56:33 PM »

1-no Revis

sure

but beating the Jets defense now is like beating the Bulls last year without D-Rose

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »

1-no Revis

sure

but beating the Jets defense now is like beating the Bulls last year without D-Rose

cmon maaan

the jets d is soft as cotonelle and brady still wouldve picked it apart. 

so i guess the giants beating the pats in the sb with gronk hobbled like a mutha would be the same thing?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2012, 08:43:07 PM »
with Revis it's a different game

and Gronk isn't the best player on his team, Revis is

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2012, 09:00:19 PM »

1-no Revis

sure

cmon maaan

so i guess the giants beating the pats in the sb with gronk hobbled like a mutha would be the same thing?

Please explain how Brady picked it apart this past week. It's shit like this that gets me riled up. What did Brady do the Jets D that half the starting QB in the NFL wouldn't have done the same way. A wide open RB in the flat runs 70 yards after the catch on a little dump pass, and then Edelman runs wide open down the field, to the point that a severely underthrown ball by Brady that the WR has to slow down for but still have enough space between himself and the DB to go untouched to the endzone.

I'll give Brady some credit for the first TD drive, but even then how the Jets leave Welker uncovered for the TD catch is beyond me.

It just angers me. irst the Brady fans would just use words like "he's a winner" and "has poise". Things you couldn't really argue. But now all of a sudden he has a Dan Marino arm, and is an OC on the field like Peyton. His arm at it's peak isn't even as good as post-surgery Peyton's arm, and as long as Tommy wears that wrist band he is not anywhere near an OC on the field. This is the same guy that had Randy Moss running open down the field in the SB and couldn't throw it far enough, and the same OC on the field that has twice now forgotten tht inentional grounding in the endzone is a safety.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »

1-no Revis

sure

cmon maaan

Please explain how Brady picked it apart this past week. It's shit like this that gets me riled up. What did Brady do the Jets D that half the starting QB in the NFL wouldn't have done the same way. A wide open RB in the flat runs 70 yards after the catch on a little dump pass, and then Edelman runs wide open down the field, to the point that a severely underthrown ball by Brady that the WR has to slow down for but still have enough space between himself and the DB to go untouched to the endzone.

I'll give Brady some credit for the first TD drive, but even then how the Jets leave Welker uncovered for the TD catch is beyond me.

It just angers me. irst the Brady fans would just use words like "he's a winner" and "has poise". Things you couldn't really argue. But now all of a sudden he has a Dan Marino arm, and is an OC on the field like Peyton. His arm at it's peak isn't even as good as post-surgery Peyton's arm, and as long as Tommy wears that wrist band he is not anywhere near an OC on the field. This is the same guy that had Randy Moss running open down the field in the SB and couldn't throw it far enough, and the same OC on the field that has twice now forgotten tht inentional grounding in the endzone is a safety.

Im not arguing with you about this, ive seen that go on too many times and its excruciating to even read.

Read this and take a deep breath already, jesus.  This goes more toward the Giants-Pats back and forth that took place a while ago, but I just want to put a little context to this guy you claim is so overrated, by comparing him to someone who can do no wrong for a lot of sports fans (not necessarily you).

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-02-02/super-bowl-2012-eli-manning-tom-brady-qb-comparison

I know thats not king peyton but only eli, but the way you talk about brady and describe any and every cirumstance that seems to go his way as if these same things dont happen for other qbs and nfl players is nauseating.  "Edleman had to slow down for a ball"....really?  "Hes dan marino"....who said that?  "a rb scores a td"....so what?  The guy had FOUR TDS.  FOUR.  You arguing every little detail you perceive as somehow diminishing the fact he had FOUR TDS doesnt make a case for your argument, not at all.  Fact - he was the QB who helped make the Jets D look silly.  To act like Peyton Marino or Lil Eli throw every ball perfectly on target or are geniuses beyond mistakes makes me laugh.  Give credit where its due.  And im no Patriots fan by any stretch of the imagination.   

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 07:16:34 AM »
Im not arguing with you about this, ive seen that go on too many times and its excruciating to even read.

Read this and take a deep breath already, jesus.  This goes more toward the Giants-Pats back and forth that took place a while ago, but I just want to put a little context to this guy you claim is so overrated, by comparing him to someone who can do no wrong for a lot of sports fans (not necessarily you).

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-02-02/super-bowl-2012-eli-manning-tom-brady-qb-comparison

I know thats not king peyton but only eli, but the way you talk about brady and describe any and every cirumstance that seems to go his way as if these same things dont happen for other qbs and nfl players is nauseating.  "Edleman had to slow down for a ball"....really?  "Hes dan marino"....who said that?  "a rb scores a td"....so what?  The guy had FOUR TDS.  FOUR.  You arguing every little detail you perceive as somehow diminishing the fact he had FOUR TDS doesnt make a case for your argument, not at all.  Fact - he was the QB who helped make the Jets D look silly.  To act like Peyton Marino or Lil Eli throw every ball perfectly on target or are geniuses beyond mistakes makes me laugh.  Give credit where its due.  And im no Patriots fan by any stretch of the imagination.   

I never said Manning or anyone always throw an a perfect ball. When Wayne ran wide openfor the TD in the Colts SB win over the Bears; it was a safe lob by Manning to Wayne that was underthrown. I called it a plain and simple blown coverage by the Bears. To call it Peyton picking apart a defense is absurd. Peyton did not pick apart the Bears defense that day. He played a decent game but in the end itwas more about the Bears losing it than the Colts winning it. The best thing Peyton did in that game was hand the ball off.

All year I'm hearing Manning can't throw deep anymore but I've been seeing perfect shots 40 plus yards down the field to Thomas in stride; he threw another beauty yesterday. I hear debates in the league after week 8 about Rodgers vs Brady; who is the best QB right now. On ESPN the argument for Rodgers was the second best passer rating, and the argument for Brady was the second best QBR. Manning was first in both categories with by far the worser of the three offenses and no one wants to say it, an people are afraid to say it because the rings to match up.

But when I say he's head and shoulders better than every other QB playing in the game right now I mean it, and I don't have and sentimental reason for saying it. I'd say the same thing aout Jordan in the 90s, and I hated the Bulls and him. Peyton is as much better than the other QBs as Barry Sanders was better than the other RBs in the 90s. Manning vs Brady should be treated like Barry vs Emmit. The sad thing is that one day and you can already see the signs is because of numbers on paper Emmit will begin present a valid argument and you can already see it starting now, but anyone that watched them play easily knew better.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »

I never said Manning or anyone always throw an a perfect ball. When Wayne ran wide openfor the TD in the Colts SB win over the Bears; it was a safe lob by Manning to Wayne that was underthrown. I called it a plain and simple blown coverage by the Bears. To call it Peyton picking apart a defense is absurd. Peyton did not pick apart the Bears defense that day. He played a decent game but in the end itwas more about the Bears losing it than the Colts winning it. The best thing Peyton did in that game was hand the ball off.

All year I'm hearing Manning can't throw deep anymore but I've been seeing perfect shots 40 plus yards down the field to Thomas in stride; he threw another beauty yesterday. I hear debates in the league after week 8 about Rodgers vs Brady; who is the best QB right now. On ESPN the argument for Rodgers was the second best passer rating, and the argument for Brady was the second best QBR. Manning was first in both categories with by far the worser of the three offenses and no one wants to say it, an people are afraid to say it because the rings to match up.

But when I say he's head and shoulders better than every other QB playing in the game right now I mean it, and I don't have and sentimental reason for saying it. I'd say the same thing aout Jordan in the 90s, and I hated the Bulls and him. Peyton is as much better than the other QBs as Barry Sanders was better than the other RBs in the 90s. Manning vs Brady should be treated like Barry vs Emmit. The sad thing is that one day and you can already see the signs is because of numbers on paper Emmit will begin present a valid argument and you can already see it starting now, but anyone that watched them play easily knew better.

1.  Picking apart a defense doesnt always include breathtakingly perfect throws.  Sometimes dink and dunking down the field as weve both spoke of with Brady and Manning will do the same job.

2.  Im not saying Brady is a better QB than Peyton, or anyone really, but I dont think the hate toward Brady is warranted either.  The guy is elite, no argument.  And he, along with his teammates, made the Jets D look silly on Thanksgiving.  If you dont wanna call that "picking it apart", ok fine.  I will anyway.

3.  I love the Emmitt vs Barry argument.  As a cowboys fan who actually watched the games in the 90s and am old enough to remember a lot of it, I can say if I was picking the better or more freakish athelete, I'd be picking Barry.  If I was picking a running back, I'd pick Emmitt, simply because theres no argument in the world that can dispute what he accomplished.   And not just the rushing record (which is the main thorn Barry arguers use to stick in the side of Emmitt/Cowboy fans - "ah well Barry wouldve gotten the record if he played instead of retiring").  With Barry, its a lot of "what ifs".  What if he didnt play on the shit ass lions?  What if he had an O Line?  You dont have to ask "What if" with Emmitt, you know.  He was one of the toughest, smartest, well rounded, and the most accomplished RB ever in several aspects (either now or at one time).  Undisputed.  Note - you dont have to ask "what if" with Jordan, you knew who he was because of his play AND his accomplishments as a team.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:03:43 PM by Russell Bell »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »

1.  Picking apart a defense doesnt always include breathtakingly perfect throws.  Sometimes dink and dunking down the field as weve both spoke of with Brady and Manning will do the same job.

2.  Im not saying Brady is a better QB than Peyton, or anyone really, but I dont think the hate toward Brady is warranted either.  The guy is elite, no argument.  And he, along with his teammates, made the Jets D look silly on Thanksgiving.  If you dont wanna call that "picking it apart", ok fine.  I will anyway.

3.  I love the Emmitt vs Barry argument.  As a cowboys fan who actually watched the games in the 90s and am old enough to remember a lot of it, I can say if I was picking the better or more freakish athelete, I'd be picking Barry.  If I was picking a running back, I'd pick Emmitt, simply because theres no argument in the world that can dispute what he accomplished.   And not just the rushing record (which is the main thorn Barry arguers use to stick in the side of Emmitt/Cowboy fans - "ah well Barry wouldve gotten the record if he played instead of retiring").  With Barry, its a lot of "what ifs".  What if he didnt play on the shit ass lions?  What if he had an O Line?  You dont have to ask "What if" with Emmitt, you know.  He was one of the toughest, smartest, well rounded, and the most accomplished RB ever in several aspects (either now or at one time).  Undisputed.  Note - you dont have to ask "what if" with Jordan, you knew who he was because of his play AND his accomplishments as a team.

I'll frop the Emiit Barry argument because you're a Cowboys guy, but you can't pick apart something that breaks all by itself. It'snot just about amazing throws, it's about figuring out a defense and calling the right plays or audibles. But when a defense simple just crumbles like that it doesn't matter who the QB.

And the hate for Brady and the Pats iswarranted, because they kick teams when they are down, and keep kicking. It's no class. When Peyton had the Raiders dead what did he do? He just kept handing offthe ball. He had no reason to pad his stats and stick in their face. The Pats have been doing that eve since 07, and the God of Football has sent his prophet Eli to smite them. They are bad people and it makes me smile to watch them lose when it counts he most. They will walk away ringless again this year.