Author Topic: Monta Ellis compares himself to Wade  (Read 866 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Monta Ellis compares himself to Wade
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 11:50:13 AM »
he might be right...wade's game has subsided drastically, and monta ellis is very underrated. problem is, monta aint playing his best ball right now either. monta still has a few prime years ahead of him, so lets see if he can build on his role with the bucks.

Agree with you.

Monta was always a very very confident player, which is why he says stuff like this but also why he isnt afraid of the last shot.  Dudes got heart, and you cant say that about a lot of NBA players.  Im not from Milwaukee but if I was I'd be pretty happy to have him on that team.  From a Warriors fan standpoint, Bogut is pretty much finished.  The only thing that trade did is force Steph Curry to the forefront and more of a leadership role.  Which is great, but if we're gonna make a trade, lets at least get something usable.

i guess the extent of bogut's injury wasn't really known when they signed for him.

Well we dont really know what they know.

Because they lied earlier when they first traded for him, lied by omission i guess, in that they kept another surgery that he had from the public.  Then when he had to sit out again after the season started and everyone was surprised, they dropped that gem on us. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sccit

Re: Monta Ellis compares himself to Wade
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 01:39:42 PM »
he might be right...wade's game has subsided drastically, and monta ellis is very underrated. problem is, monta aint playing his best ball right now either. monta still has a few prime years ahead of him, so lets see if he can build on his role with the bucks.

Agree with you.

Monta was always a very very confident player, which is why he says stuff like this but also why he isnt afraid of the last shot.  Dudes got heart, and you cant say that about a lot of NBA players.  Im not from Milwaukee but if I was I'd be pretty happy to have him on that team.  From a Warriors fan standpoint, Bogut is pretty much finished.  The only thing that trade did is force Steph Curry to the forefront and more of a leadership role.  Which is great, but if we're gonna make a trade, lets at least get something usable.

i guess the extent of bogut's injury wasn't really known when they signed for him.

Well we dont really know what they know.

Because they lied earlier when they first traded for him, lied by omission i guess, in that they kept another surgery that he had from the public.  Then when he had to sit out again after the season started and everyone was surprised, they dropped that gem on us. 

they probably thought he can play through it...when he wasnt the same, they realized he wasnt close to being ready. fact of the matter is, they needed to trade monta. for the fact that monta is underrated, i dunno if many good offers were made for him. believe it or not, a lot of people still think he's a "black hole".