Author Topic: The Official MLB Thread  (Read 7543 times)

Sccit

Re: Sticky: The Official MLB Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2013, 03:48:38 PM »
fuckin dodgers just lost again, damn

MistaNova

« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »
fuckin dodgers just lost again, damn

Damn, I knew Wacha was good but I didn't know he was good enough to outduel Kershaw.
I expect more articles to appear about Mattingly's bad management skills by tomorrow morning.

Sccit

« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2013, 04:00:44 PM »
strikin mufuckaz out left n right, clutch

Remedy360

« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2013, 04:52:25 PM »
Thought the Dodgers were gonna handle the Cards..still plenty of ball to play though.

MistaNova

« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2013, 06:40:19 PM »
The Cardinals have loads of nameless, faceless but effective players and Carlos Beltran.

The Dodgers better hope that game 1 and 2 were just metaphors for their terrible Apirl and May and that games 3, 4, 5, and 6 will represent their June, July, August and September.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2013, 06:42:05 PM »
cartlos beltran = best playoff hitter since reggie jackson.   if anyone tries to argue this they are FOOLISH.  not even Jeter is as amazing in the playoffs as Beltran.

MistaNova

« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2013, 09:16:17 PM »
The World Series Match-Up is set,

Boston Red Sox vs St. Louis Cardinals

Go Cards.

Remedy360

« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2013, 11:12:51 PM »
^ So lame. Of all the Playoff teams this season I honestly can't think of a combo that I wanted to see less.

MistaNova

« Reply #248 on: October 23, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »
Well for what it's worth, both of these teams finished with the best records in their respective leagues so it is a match-up between the best teams both leagues have/had to offer. At least that's what the records say.

Anyway, Adam Wainwright is looking like Adam Wainwrong again. Where's Chris Carpenter when you need him?

And that's a rhetorical question, I know he already retired.

Remedy360

« Reply #249 on: October 24, 2013, 11:09:28 AM »
Well for what it's worth, both of these teams finished with the best records in their respective leagues so it is a match-up between the best teams both leagues have/had to offer. At least that's what the records say.

Anyway, Adam Wainwright is looking like Adam Wainwrong again. Where's Chris Carpenter when you need him?

And that's a rhetorical question, I know he already retired.

I wanted to see Dodgers vs Tigers. Or Red Sox vs Dodgers. Or Cardinals vs Tigers. But Boston vs St Louis  :-\. Pulling for St. Louis but that first game was far from encouraging.

MistaNova

« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2013, 10:38:05 PM »
Not sure if you guys are watching the WS but that was a really wacky and fun ending to game 3. Should make for a fun topic of discussion depending who ends up winning the series.

But man oh man is Middlebrooks going to be in hell when he returns to Boston (unless he goes all Reggie Jackson on the Cardinal's pitching staff).

MistaNova

« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2013, 02:42:59 PM »
Speaking of the Cardinal's pitching staff I just came across a scary thought. Lance Lynn is practically the only pitcher on the Cardinal's current postseason roster was present in the 2011 World Series (Adam Wainwright was injured in 2011 and everyone else was either still in the minors or in school).

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2013, 08:55:19 AM »
Game three was nuts.

MistaNova

« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2013, 08:43:18 PM »
The Boston Red Sox have won the world series here in 2013.

Yawn.

Remedy360

« Reply #254 on: October 30, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »
The Boston Red Sox have won the world series here in 2013.

Yawn.

This is one of the first series in a while I just felt like I had no interest. I wanted the Cards to win but I really don't like them at all either.