Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3965 times)

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2013, 02:36:26 PM »
Big N Pac are good but Jay definitely overrated.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2013, 02:40:02 PM »
Nobody sits there and says Jay-Z doesn't have a bad song. Pac and Big have wack songs too, doesn't make them overrated. Everyone's got a handful of wack music.

But between the four names that keep coming up, Jay, Eminem, Pac and Big, their overall bodies of work shits on literally 99% of the history of Hip Hop.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »
Nobody sits there and says Jay-Z doesn't have a bad song. Pac and Big have wack songs too, doesn't make them overrated. Everyone's got a handful of wack music.

But between the four names that keep coming up, Jay, Eminem, Pac and Big, their overall bodies of work shits on literally 99% of the history of Hip Hop.
you haven't heard much hip hop at all.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2013, 03:20:29 PM »
Coming from the guy who just made a thread calling "T.I. Vs. T.I.P." a classic. But I won't call T.I. dramatically overrated because MOST people don't come close to your opinion of him. Most accept he's just a dope little artist from the South.

Anyway you have to be good enough for people to praise you in the first place in order to even be in this ridiculous "overrated" conversation.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »
Coming from the guy who just made a thread calling "T.I. Vs. T.I.P." a classic. But I won't call T.I. dramatically overrated because MOST people don't come close to your opinion of him. Most accept he's just a dope little artist from the South.

Anyway you have to be good enough for people to praise you in the first place in order to even be in this ridiculous "overrated" conversation.
''that dope little artist'' sold millions of records and is critically acclaimed so to some of y'all he is overrated. these cats opions don't count they listen to rappers based on who's co signin' them. t.i. came in the game wit no co sign: no dr. dre, no eminem, no wayne,etc. just skill and rose to the top and made muthafuckas pay attention. i bet you wouldn't have checked out eminem had dr. dre not co signed him.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »

''that dope little artist'' sold millions of records and is critically acclaimed so to some of y'all he is overrated. these cats opions don't count they listen to rappers based on who's co signin' them. t.i. came in the game wit no co sign: no dr. dre, no eminem, no wayne,etc. just skill and rose to the top and made muthafuckas pay attention. i bet you wouldn't have checked out eminem had dr. dre not co signed him.

no offense but using record sales as an argument for talent isn't the best idea

see:  justin beiber lol

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2013, 03:35:36 PM »

no offense but using record sales as an argument for talent isn't the best idea

see:  justin beiber lol
sales is not an argument but based off the street content of t.i.'s music at the time if he wasn't critically he wouldn't have sold as many records as he's sold in his career 12 years strong. btw where's jadakiss anybody ?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2013, 03:38:36 PM »
Probably would have since The Marshall Mathers LP would be better than a T.I. greatest hits album.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »
Probably would have since The Marshall Mathers LP would be better than a T.I. greatest hits album.
LOL t.i. shitted on eminem on touchdown. after em's first 3 albums it was a wrap for him you can only bash your own mother, kill kim, pop pills, and eat shrooms for so long.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2013, 03:48:55 PM »
"Touchdown" is probably the worst verse of his career during the worst part of his career.

There's a reason why at the turn of the century T.I. didn't have anything of Eminem's shadow. Eminem and 50 didn't blow because of their Dre co-sign, they were just putting out a better brand of music than everyone else at the time...including young Clifford. Dre consigned Bishop Lamont...I don't even know if he's still alive.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2013, 03:57:48 PM »
Dre consigned Bishop Lamont...I don't even know if he's still alive.

LMAO  this made me laugh my ass off.  ouch!  poor Bishop...dude had skills.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2013, 04:03:21 PM »
"Touchdown" is probably the worst verse of his career during the worst part of his career.

There's a reason why at the turn of the century T.I. didn't have anything of Eminem's shadow. Eminem and 50 didn't blow because of their Dre co-sign, they were just putting out a better brand of music than everyone else at the time...including young Clifford. Dre consigned Bishop Lamont...I don't even know if he's still alive.
false. before em and dre got involved wit 50 he was literally blackballed their affiliation saved him. they both blew because of that no one wanted to sign eminem until dre did no one wanted to sign 50 until they found out dre and em was interested.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2013, 04:08:15 PM »
Like I said and you quoted...Dre signed Bishop Lamont. Nothing became of it. Eminem is the biggest name in Hip Hop and cosigned Stat Quo, Bobby Creekwater and Ca$his. Nothing. You need skill to get to that level.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2013, 04:12:06 PM »
Like I said and you quoted...Dre signed Bishop Lamont. Nothing became of it. Eminem is the biggest name in Hip Hop and cosigned Stat Quo, Bobby Creekwater and Ca$his. Nothing. You need skill to get to that level.
eminem's not gonna let any artist get bigger than him on his label other than 50 and you see how they doin' him.

Will_B

« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2013, 04:22:50 PM »
So to reiterate...nobody you guys are mentioning are "overrated".

if lil wayne isn't over rated then nobody is

He is. But Tupac, Biggie and Jay-Z are not lol.

None of them are gimmick acts tho

Wayne is like the regular dude who writes a hit for Britney or Miley Cyrus, but by night he's pretending to be a rapper

He's like Lil Jon in a way. Just a wig and a fake grill on a normal boring guy who writes songs. Pure pop industry shit.