Author Topic: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history  (Read 3982 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Top 3 Most Over-rated rappers in history
« Reply #210 on: March 29, 2013, 11:09:21 AM »

Sccit

« Reply #211 on: March 29, 2013, 11:49:23 AM »
I been said these motherfuckas just like artists cosigned by the big name guys. Glad Im not the only one who sees this. Its like they got Jedi mind control over dumb motherfuckas. 

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. We would all be Drake, Wayne, Cole, Big Sean, Tyga fans then. But we're not. Jay, Em, Pac and Big were just better than their surroundings, hence their ascension to the top.

I'm not saying their indisputably, hands down the four best rappers ever. There are others in their class. But to act like those four aren't in the top 15 all-time just speaks on your credibility...or how big of a troll you are. And to be among the top 15  people to ever do something means you're NOT overrated, it means you accomplished something worth acknowledging. T.I. is just not among the same ranks.

lol, this is proof that jay-z is overrated

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2013, 01:19:52 PM »
Nobody sits there and says Jay-Z doesn't have a bad song. Pac and Big have wack songs too, doesn't make them overrated. Everyone's got a handful of wack music.

But between the four names that keep coming up, Jay, Eminem, Pac and Big, their overall bodies of work shits on literally 99% of the history of Hip Hop.
you haven't heard much hip hop at all.

^^^^^^^
this

Preach. As a matter of fact this is comin from the same kid who didnt know who Lord Jamar or Brand Nubian was until like a month ago when Jamar dissed Kanye, but calls anyone who doesnt worship Big, Pac, Jay, Em or Nas a troll. Its the prime example of how you only know and believe whatever the industry wants you to maybe not all of it but they still controllin you a little. Plus me sayin an artist is overrated doesnt mean I dislike them. Just means in my years of hip hop listening Ive heard better artists who dont get as much praise and respect for bein as good or better than those other guys.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2013, 01:30:02 PM »
Nobody sits there and says Jay-Z doesn't have a bad song. Pac and Big have wack songs too, doesn't make them overrated. Everyone's got a handful of wack music.

But between the four names that keep coming up, Jay, Eminem, Pac and Big, their overall bodies of work shits on literally 99% of the history of Hip Hop.
you haven't heard much hip hop at all.

^^^^^^^
this

Preach. As a matter of fact this is comin from the same kid who didnt know who Lord Jamar or Brand Nubian was until like a month ago when Jamar dissed Kanye, but calls anyone who doesnt worship Big, Pac, Jay, Em or Nas a troll. Its the prime example of how you only know and believe whatever the industry wants you to maybe not all of it but they still controllin you a little. Plus me sayin an artist is overrated doesnt mean I dislike them. Just means in my years of hip hop listening Ive heard better artists who dont get as much praise and respect for bein as good or better than those other guys.
some of these flea bags only listen to artists co signed by big names and don't have respect for this culture anyway i dropped an underrated album thread just to see who really know their shit and you can really tell who knows this shit.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2013, 07:42:02 PM »
I say Jay, Pac, Big & Nas are top 15. This clown says "apparently anyone who doesn't 'worship' them is a troll", I didn't say that. I think the proper response would be to see you reach & tell me who in the history of Hip Hop is knocking Nas out of the top 15.

But a nigga ain't REALLY going to throw any shred of validity he's got left, is he?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2013, 09:25:44 PM »
I say Jay, Pac, Big & Nas are top 15. This clown says "apparently anyone who doesn't 'worship' them is a troll", I didn't say that. I think the proper response would be to see you reach & tell me who in the history of Hip Hop is knocking Nas out of the top 15.

But a nigga ain't REALLY going to throw any shred of validity he's got left, is he?

Nas is top 3, so is 2Pac. I usually think of Jay-Z as top 15, I think he's passed LL Cool J and Snoop Dogg now just based off longevity. Biggie, I also have in the top 15, I am not sure where though. But to not have any of these rappers there is a hater. People will say their favorite underground rappers, and that's all good. But one of the biggest, and I mean BIGGEST areas to rank a rapper is influence. How many rappers copied their style after them. Rakim fathered the whole ultra lyrical group, Nas, Kurupt (before all the drugs) and all of them. KRS-One's style fathered 2Pac, Ice Cube's style fathered Game for better or worst. 2Pac basically fathered a whole generation, Jay-Z fathered a whole era (Swag era), Nas fathered a whole underground scene (especially after Stillmatic and going after the government right after 9-11), Biggie fathered Jay-Z. These things matter, who influenced others is very important when ranking rappers. I don't care what people think of your skills, if no one is being influenced by you then your work was almost worthless.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #216 on: March 29, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »
And you gotta have Cube, Rakim, KRS-One and Biggie in the top 15.

My point being is that if you're in the Top 15 of all-time in the history of humanity at anything, you shouldn't be viewed as "overrated". It's like saying "Oscar Robertson is overrated" because you don't consider him in the same light as MJ, Magic and Bird. He's still Top 10 though.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #217 on: March 29, 2013, 09:46:25 PM »
And you gotta have Cube, Rakim, KRS-One and Biggie in the top 15.

My point being is that if you're in the Top 15 of all-time in the history of humanity at anything, you shouldn't be viewed as "overrated". It's like saying "Oscar Robertson is overrated" because you don't consider him in the same light as MJ, Magic and Bird. He's still Top 10 though.

True, which is why I don't have Jay-Z as overrated. I did say Weezy though.

Invincible

« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2013, 10:02:20 PM »

Nas is top 3, so is 2Pac. I usually think of Jay-Z as top 15, I think he's passed LL Cool J and Snoop Dogg now just based off longevity. Biggie, I also have in the top 15, I am not sure where though. But to not have any of these rappers there is a hater. People will say their favorite underground rappers, and that's all good. But one of the biggest, and I mean BIGGEST areas to rank a rapper is influence. How many rappers copied their style after them. Rakim fathered the whole ultra lyrical group, Nas, Kurupt (before all the drugs) and all of them. KRS-One's style fathered 2Pac, Ice Cube's style fathered Game for better or worst. 2Pac basically fathered a whole generation, Jay-Z fathered a whole era (Swag era), Nas fathered a whole underground scene (especially after Stillmatic and going after the government right after 9-11), Biggie fathered Jay-Z. These things matter, who influenced others is very important when ranking rappers. I don't care what people think of your skills, if no one is being influenced by you then your work was almost worthless.

No hating. Would you consider Masta Ace top 15 as Eminem based his style on him?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2013, 10:11:41 PM »

No hating. Would you consider Masta Ace top 15 as Eminem based his style on him?

I'd say maybe top 20, maybe. His overall reach is down, but who he did reach was very strong. I also think that when he was relevant, you were never hearing any Masta Ace, King of New York talk, or you never heard people call his albums classics. After he went independent you did, but not during his more known days.

And Eminem didn't base his whole style off Masta Ace. Eminem will even admit he was heavily influenced by LL Cool J.

Eminem was not fathered by Masta Ace. You have to look at a ton of artist to get Eminem.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2013, 10:22:53 PM »
Em was influenced by Cage too.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2013, 10:41:01 PM »
Em was influenced by Cage too.

cage shitted on em on illest 4 letter word

Sccit

« Reply #222 on: March 30, 2013, 07:44:55 AM »

Jay hasn't fathered anything, his whole career is based off of biting

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #223 on: March 30, 2013, 11:15:13 AM »

Jay hasn't fathered anything, his whole career is based off of biting

agreed

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2013, 11:17:15 AM »
how many of biggies rhymes gonna come out yo fat lips?