Author Topic: Rick Ross dropped by Reebok  (Read 405 times)

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Rick Ross dropped by Reebok
« on: April 12, 2013, 01:33:22 AM »
It seems Rick Ross is being dealt a serious lesson in karma this week, as Reebok have dropped him from their books.

If you haven't been following the news, Ross' guest verse on Rockos 'U.O.E.N.O' features the line: "Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it/ I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain’t even know it,"

Yesterday it was confirmed that his verse on the track would be replaced by Wiz Khalifa, and today Reebok have confirmed that he's been dropped following UltraViolet's campaign for them to do so.

"Reebok holds our partners to a high standard, and we expect them to live up to the values of our brand. Unfortunately, Rick Ross has failed to do so…While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse."

bouli77

Re: Rick Ross dropped by Reebok
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 01:42:42 AM »
lmao hopefully it'll make rappers think twice before they write lyrics. that line was corny as fuck, talking about whatever's trending (in that case molly) to stay relevant is not the way to go. srsly i like Ross's music but he fucked up real bad on that one.

Will_B

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 02:30:45 AM »
Molly ain't strictly a date rape drug tho

bouli77

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:34:01 AM »
yeah I know, i didn't say it was, i'm just sayin rappers in general don't put enough thinking behind their lyrics, they write so much shit i'm sure they don't even double check what they say, in this case i'm sure Ross wrote that shit just to look "cool" or whatnot and didn't even think twice about the effects such lyrics could have

Will_B

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 02:40:15 AM »
yeah I know, i didn't say it was, i'm just sayin rappers in general don't put enough thinking behind their lyrics, they write so much shit i'm sure they don't even double check what they say, in this case i'm sure Ross wrote that shit just to look "cool" or whatnot and didn't even think twice about the effects such lyrics could have

Yeah I know he implied it. I get your point and he's even more in the spotlight being a ' radio personality '

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 04:12:53 AM »
lmao hopefully it'll make rappers think twice before they write lyrics. that line was corny as fuck, talking about whatever's trending (in that case molly) to stay relevant is not the way to go. srsly i like Ross's music but he fucked up real bad on that one.

+1
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Matty

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 10:16:41 AM »
like the way he rhymed 'know it' with 'know it' :monkey_piss:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 12:14:17 PM »
So they were fine with all the drug selling verses but the date-rape is what crossed their "high standards" line? Lol faggots. Fuck Rick Ross but that shit is lame.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 12:33:07 PM »
I fully support anything that takes money from Rick Ross's fat pockets

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »
lmao hopefully it'll make rappers think twice before they write lyrics. that line was corny as fuck, talking about whatever's trending (in that case molly) to stay relevant is not the way to go. he fucked up real bad on that one.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 02:18:20 PM »
So they were fine with all the drug selling verses but the date-rape is what crossed their "high standards" line? Lol faggots. Fuck Rick Ross but that shit is lame.

Real talk...

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 10:30:05 PM »

why should they put thought behind it..specially if u a known liar like rick ross...anybody who took offense n protested ...need

to realize...christopher columbus raped lil girls..and he has a holiday..

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 02:37:08 AM »
Before I am an artist, I am a father, a son, and a brother to some of the most cherished women in the world. So for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets. As an artist, one of the most liberating things is being able to paint pictures with my words. But with that comes a great responsibility. And most recently, my choice of words was not only offensive, it does not reflect my true heart. And for this, I apologize. To every woman that has felt the sting of abuse, I apologize. I recognize that as an artist I have a voice and with that, the power of influence. To the young men who listen to my music, please know that using a substance to rob a woman of her right to make a choice is not only a crime, it’s wrong and I do not encourage it. To my fans, I also apologize if I have disappointed you. I can only hope that this sparks a healthy dialogue and that I can contribute to it.

:D

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 03:12:36 PM »
Before I am an artist, I am a father, a son, and a brother to some of the most cherished women in the world. So for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets. As an artist, one of the most liberating things is being able to paint pictures with my words. But with that comes a great responsibility. And most recently, my choice of words was not only offensive, it does not reflect my true heart. And for this, I apologize. To every woman that has felt the sting of abuse, I apologize. I recognize that as an artist I have a voice and with that, the power of influence. To the young men who listen to my music, please know that using a substance to rob a woman of her right to make a choice is not only a crime, it’s wrong and I do not encourage it. To my fans, I also apologize if I have disappointed you. I can only hope that this sparks a healthy dialogue and that I can contribute to it.

:D

i wonder who wrote that apology for him lol