Author Topic: Eazy-E Planned To Kill Suge Knight, According To Jerry Heller  (Read 1444 times)

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Jerry Heller claims that Eazy-E wanted to kill Suge Knight. "I should have let him kill him," Heller says. "I would have done the world a favor."

According to Ruthless Records co-founder Jerry Heller, Eazy-E wanted to kill Suge Knight. Heller recently revealed this in a radio interview, claiming that Eazy wanted to kill Knight and that he feels he "should have let him" do it.

In an interview with Prezident Bejda of The Murder Master Music Show, Heller explained how this conversation took place.

"Eazy said, 'You know this guy Suge Knight?' I said, 'Yeah.' He says, 'Well, I'm gonna kill him!' He said, 'This guy is gonna be a problem and I think I should kill him.' I said, 'Let me think this thing through. First of all, we're doing $10 million a month with six employees. We don't even have a typewriter in the office. We're the most successful start-up record company in the history of the music business and you want to kill this guy? That just doesn't make any sense to me.'"

Heller then explained that he regrets talking Eazy out of it.

"You know something? I should have let him kill him. You know? I would have done the world a favor. He would have done it for sure by himself. He always rolled by himself and he was fearless...I think that he was going to go do it. I took him seriously."

"He was right and I was wrong," he later added. "I shouldn't have talked him out of it. Ruthless would probably still be around. Dr. Dre and Ice Cube would probably still be with Ruthless. It would have been an empire." 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Eazy-E Planned To Kill Suge Knight, According To Jerry Heller
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 12:09:19 PM »
eazy was about that life and most likely would have smoked suge.  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »
eazy was about that life and most likely would have smoked suge.  8)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 12:52:58 PM »
Suge had nothing to do with Cube leaving. It paints an interesting picture of Jerry Heller that he would condone a black businessman killing another one in the name of being able to make more money for his own business interests.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 12:59:05 PM »
Suge had nothing to do with Cube leaving. It paints an interesting picture of Jerry Heller that he would condone a black businessman killing another one in the name of being able to make more money for his own business interests.
jerry didn't say he did you gotta listen to this interview.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
You got a link to it?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »
You got a link to it?
i googled it.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »
Do I believe Eazy was serious about killing Suge? Sure

Do I believe him doing it would've kept Dre and Cube at Ruthless? Fuck you, no.

Cube left before Dre even met Suge, his issue was specifically with Jerry Heller and Eazy not paying him. Even so no fuckin way were both of those guys staying on a label for 2 decades (especially considering they'd be signed exclusively to Jerry cuz Eazy would be in jail for murder)

I also don't believe Ruthless was making $10 million a month.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

run-of-the-millian

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 06:52:12 PM »

For real. I was gonna say I don't believe this shit at all but they've got audio of the interview so I guess it's true.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 12:22:03 AM »
I still have to listen to the audio but just in how it is presented, it sort of gives credibility to some of the criticisms that people had with Heller in the first place. He's not saying Suge should have been taken out because he was dangerous to the safety of certain people, he's saying Eric was right because it would have been made for better business. In the book, he covers this but he explains it more as it should have been done to keep Suge from destroying lives and damaging the industry but here he sums it up like we should have done it so we could have made more money and kept paying Dre and Cube them bullshit contracts. But the fact is Cube left before Suge was even a major player and he didn't go over to Death Row, he got his own deal at Priority. If these businesses could have done anything retroactively, they should have gone with giving their artists royalty checks for publishing on platinum albums, instead of watches and cars. I mean, they can talk about black-owned labels all day but if you look at all the Ruthless artists minus Eazy and Dre's Death Row deal then look at how Priority managed Cube's career, it sort of seems like a no-brainer to me.

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 01:11:28 AM »

BigMeazy

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 02:00:38 AM »
Eazy should have knocked Suge, would have changed the game,

Was Cube even getting ripped off? Or was he just getting paid as a ruthless artist like Eazy said? Just because the other's werent getting the same as Eazy dont mean they werent getting their money, even Cold187 said one of cube's main reasons for leaving was that his solo got pushed back to bring out ATL's first album. I've always heard different things that points to Cube thinking he was better than the rest of NWA because he was writing and rapping and felt he deserved more than what he was getting.

Ive never heard MC Ren say that Eazy ripped him off , never heard ATL say that either. Eazy E provided the foundation that let all of the NWA/Ruthless artists get started and it aint much different to the way people running labels now. I think the main thing that fucks up groups is the ego's of those involved, someone always thinks they are better/or do more and deserve a bigger piece of the pie.

just my thoughts anyhow

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 02:01:35 AM »
it's not news, as jerry spoke about it in his book

I still have to listen to the audio but just in how it is presented, it sort of gives credibility to some of the criticisms that people had with Heller in the first place. He's not saying Suge should have been taken out because he was dangerous to the safety of certain people, he's saying Eric was right because it would have been made for better business. In the book, he covers this but he explains it more as it should have been done to keep Suge from destroying lives and damaging the industry but here he sums it up like we should have done it so we could have made more money and kept paying Dre and Cube them bullshit contracts. But the fact is Cube left before Suge was even a major player and he didn't go over to Death Row, he got his own deal at Priority. If these businesses could have done anything retroactively, they should have gone with giving their artists royalty checks for publishing on platinum albums, instead of watches and cars. I mean, they can talk about black-owned labels all day but if you look at all the Ruthless artists minus Eazy and Dre's Death Row deal then look at how Priority managed Cube's career, it sort of seems like a no-brainer to me.
do you really believe The D.O.C. Above The Law etc. received watches and cars in stead of royalty checks?  ???

anyway, i don't believe cube's solodeal was that much better in compared to ruthless, other than the fact that he was paid as a soloact.
he was signed to a major label after all

Eazy should have knocked Suge, would have changed the game,

Was Cube even getting ripped off? Or was he just getting paid as a ruthless artist like Eazy said? Just because the other's werent getting the same as Eazy dont mean they werent getting their money, even Cold187 said one of cube's main reasons for leaving was that his solo got pushed back to bring out ATL's first album. I've always heard different things that points to Cube thinking he was better than the rest of NWA because he was writing and rapping and felt he deserved more than what he was getting.

Ive never heard MC Ren say that Eazy ripped him off , never heard ATL say that either. Eazy E provided the foundation that let all of the NWA/Ruthless artists get started and it aint much different to the way people running labels now. I think the main thing that fucks up groups is the ego's of those involved, someone always thinks they are better/or do more and deserve a bigger piece of the pie.

just my thoughts anyhow

great post, i totally agree with you about the egos

BigMeazy

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 02:28:51 AM »
The way i see it most groups are destined to fail, especially when the group is made up of people who were not around each other before the group formed. Even outside of rap this same thing happens over and over, just the people involved have their different reasons for why the group situation didn't work. Mostly it seems to be that the groups break down because a group of creative individuals cant handle being at least equal or below other members of the group and it eventually leads to a breakdown/break up ie NWA, Bone Thugs, The Eagles, Destiny's Child, TLC the list goes on and it isnt just in the rap game.

I would take what Ice Cube and Dr Dre said about Ruthless and Eazy with a grain of salt because even if they were wrong they are never going to admit it. People seem to take what Ice Cube says about Eazy/Ruthless/Jerry as gospel???? Why?? Cube has proven these days that he is all about the $$$$. The new age cube is what the NWA cube would have called a sell out. Dr Dre he has screwed over how many artist now? maybe he dont steal their money but he holds up their career long enough that they end up irrelivant.

Look at the DPG back touring and making albums together lol Kurupt is a bitch if you listen to Daz but he still back with Kurupt, people talk shit and us fans believe it