Author Topic: KOBE VOTED FAVORITE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE AMONGST ROOKIES......  (Read 3074 times)

Sccit

Who is your favorite player in the league?

1: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers -- 21.2 percent

2: LeBron James, Miami -- 15.2 percent

T-3rd: Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City & Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas -- 12.1 percent

T-5th: Kevin Garnett, Brooklyn & Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers -- 9.1 percent

Others receiving votes: Carmelo Anthony, New York; Vince Carter, Dallas; Tim Duncan, San Antonio; James Harden, Houston; Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers; Dwyane Wade, Miami

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/john_schuhmann/08/26/2013-14-nba-rookie-survey/index.html?cid=nba_12_twitter_L

NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY WIT HIM

Citizen-Y

Re: KOBE VOTED FAVORITE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE AMONGST ROOKIES......
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:41:39 PM »
If they did they would have signed.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 03:21:31 PM »

this is a poll of rookies, not undersized closet homosexual big men

Citizen-Y

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »

this is a poll of rookies, not undersized closet homosexual big men

Sorry my bad, on the phone. Mad respect he has rightfully earned.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 11:03:54 AM »
side note, nerlens lookin real bad in these rankings

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 11:38:40 AM »
It's because all the rookies currently entering the league all grew up watching Kobe play.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 11:53:40 AM »
or maybe because they realize kobe is hands down this generations GOAT? ever notice how players always pick kobe....it's the media/casual fans who ride lebron's nuts, but when u ask an actual player who plays the game who they're takin, most of the time u'll hear the name kobe......

and these kids comin in are 19 years old....they grew up watching lebron more than they grew up watchin kobe. lebron grew up watchin kobe......it comes down to kobe havin the more respectable game, achievements, accolades, with an unmatched resume by any active player. not because "they grew up watching him", teddy, my boy.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »
or maybe because they realize kobe is hands down this generations GOAT? ever notice how players always pick kobe....it's the media/casual fans who ride lebron's nuts, but when u ask an actual player who plays the game who they're takin, most of the time u'll hear the name kobe......

and these kids comin in are 19 years old....they grew up watching lebron more than they grew up watchin kobe. lebron grew up watchin kobe......it comes down to kobe havin the more respectable game, achievements, accolades, with an unmatched resume by any active player. not because "they grew up watching him", teddy, my boy.
If they're 19, they probably started watching baskteball around 10 years ago. In 2003 Kobe was in his prime, setting records and later winning championships. LeBron was just entering the NBA and was later chocking in the playoffs.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »
yea, but when ur 10 years old and a sensation like lebron comes along, ur more likely to be excited to watch him grow as a player, keepin tabs on him, watchin his first games, seein him develop etc...there is far more relation in that than being 10 and watching someone who u didnt really grow up watchin, cuz u were too young to see them when they were comin into the league.

which explains cham bein a lebron fan, and me bein a kobe fan....i was 10 when kobe played his first game for my lakeshow, and have followed him ever since. it feels more personal when uv watched them grow....at that time, jordan was on top of the league, but i wouldnt say i grew up watching him as much as i grew up watchin kobe. it's actually common sense, if u think about it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 01:18:35 PM »
When you're a kid, you're rooting for the top dog, not some fucking rookie. My gf 11 year old brother is watching Lebron like a hawk and not Irving. When I was a kid I watched Kobe, I didn't give 2 fucks about Lebron. Why would you care for somebody that hasn't done shit yet, over somebody who's at the top of his game RIGHT NOW.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 01:24:46 PM »
When you're a kid, you're rooting for the top dog, not some fucking rookie. My gf 11 year old brother is watching Lebron like a hawk and not Irving. When I was a kid I watched Kobe, I didn't give 2 fucks about Lebron. Why would you care for somebody that hasn't done shit yet, over somebody who's at the top of his game RIGHT NOW.

lol if u watched LeBron for his entire career, from hearing about him being a high school phenom about to enter the nba,  wouldnt u relate more to him 10 years later, when u can say uv seen him grow and go through it all and grew watching him become the player he is, as opposed to some1 who was already in their prime, who u didn't really watch grow and only started watching him in the middle of his career? Which one seems more personal? Let me make it more simple to help ur mind understand what i mean.. if u adopted a child, would u feel closer if u got him at birth n watched him grow or if u adopted a 12 year old who already developed?

Ur retarded logic is pissin me off

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 01:27:42 PM »
And to break down for u a step further, ur GFs bro may like LeBron now, but 10 years down the road, he will be able to relate to the rookies of today far more than the players he started watchin in the middle of their prime..

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 04:00:23 PM »

lol if u watched LeBron for his entire career, from hearing about him being a high school phenom about to enter the nba, wouldnt u relate more to him 10 years later, when u can say uv seen him grow and go through it all and grew watching him become the player he is, as opposed to some1 who was already in their prime, who u didn't really watch grow and only started watching him in the middle of his career? Which one seems more personal? Let me make it more simple to help ur mind understand what i mean.. if u adopted a child, would u feel closer if u got him at birth n watched him grow or if u adopted a 12 year old who already developed?

Did you really just compare liking a basketball player to adopting a child?

Anyways, in the end it's probably personal preference. But judging by how my friends and I were following bball, as matter of fact any sport, we cared about top dog the most, the one who was talked about the most, was on every poster and sticker. I didn't care about personal involvement when I was 10, or someone to identify myself with. When I turned on the TV I saw Kobe being that dude, so I was not occupied with rookies. If anything, now that I'm older it's the other way around. I follow some players since their college careers and hope they make it.

I'm an athletic coach btw, teach kids from 8-12, and I've never heard one kid saying anything about Irving. All they care about is Lebron and/or Durant.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 05:01:44 PM »

lol if u watched LeBron for his entire career, from hearing about him being a high school phenom about to enter the nba, wouldnt u relate more to him 10 years later, when u can say uv seen him grow and go through it all and grew watching him become the player he is, as opposed to some1 who was already in their prime, who u didn't really watch grow and only started watching him in the middle of his career? Which one seems more personal? Let me make it more simple to help ur mind understand what i mean.. if u adopted a child, would u feel closer if u got him at birth n watched him grow or if u adopted a 12 year old who already developed?

Did you really just compare liking a basketball player to adopting a child?

Anyways, in the end it's probably personal preference. But judging by how my friends and I were following bball, as matter of fact any sport, we cared about top dog the most, the one who was talked about the most, was on every poster and sticker. I didn't care about personal involvement when I was 10, or someone to identify myself with. When I turned on the TV I saw Kobe being that dude, so I was not occupied with rookies. If anything, now that I'm older it's the other way around. I follow some players since their college careers and hope they make it.

I'm an athletic coach btw, teach kids from 8-12, and I've never heard one kid saying anything about Irving. All they care about is Lebron and/or Durant.

Not that quick on the uptake, are we? It's called an analogy, and though the sentiments may not be the same, the general concept of watchin some1 grow remains.. There's more of a sentimental value for players you've grown watching. For instance, I can relate more with Jason Kidd than with Kevin Johnson, because I've watched him play his entire career..but go ahead and act like u dont get what I'm saying for the sake of ur baseless argument lol

And my point was not that kids would like Irving more.. It's that in 10 years, they will have been able to say they followed Irving closer and will naturally develop more of a personal attachment to him than say Deron Williams (comparing players of the same caliber) . Also, let's not act like LeBron was ur average rookie... Coming in, he was already bein talked about more than any other superstar. Players who are 19 now grew up watching/hearing about LeBron more than Kobe, that's all there really is to it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:05:19 PM by NIKCC »

whoisthis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 06:28:23 PM »
Most of these kids were probably becoming fans at the ages of 9-11. That is a window of 8 to 10 years. 10 years ago, 03-04 Kobe was playing with Shaq, Malone & Payton and heading into the Finals that year. LeBron was on a bottom feeder team in Cleveland. 8 years ago, the Lakers were not as good and the Cavs were a much better team than in 03-04, but Kobe averaged 35 points a game and had his 81 point game.

Point is, that why LeBron had a TON of hype around him, the average 10 year old boy is more concerned with who is the best or most known. They know what's on TV. Tell me at that time Kobe wasn't plastered all over the TV? The Lakers had to have triple or the National TV games than the Cavs during those times.

Kobe's window of unmatched popularity ran from 03-04 until about 06-07 or 07-08. All the Rookies who will be entering the league who were kids around those times will say Kobe.

My favorite player when I was 10? Hakeem Olajuwon. Why? Because by the time I was 10, Jordan was on the White Sox. Magic had already retired. Same with Bird. Hakeem was the best player out there. I was born when Olajuwon came in the league. But, as a young impressionable fan, Hakeem was the one I saw on Sports Center. He was the one I saw on TV playing.

To this day, Hakeem is still my favorite player. You gain a connection with that first player you follow.
Some Of What's On Rotation:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqx3qc9oMmw</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Iq8KghDEJNg</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IKsU2FG5tQA</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MwjVHzBvurU</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hcI56Q00yp8</a>