Author Topic: East Coast supports a lot of wack rappers, why not 50 Cent?  (Read 607 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
East Coast supports a lot of wack rappers, why not 50 Cent?
« on: September 06, 2013, 04:27:10 PM »
Like Nas said, "When Get Rich Or Die Trying came out that was the last time I really felt hip-hop was alive".    50 has definitely fallen off since those days, and I'm not much of a fan of him anymore.  But still, he's better than most of these rappers that get love on the East Coast.

I mean.. what have Kanye and Jay-Z done over the last several years that's any better than 50 Cent?    

It seems like 50 can't get no love these days.  He's tried beefin, he's tried workin with Em and Dre, he's tried running around with Mayweather, he's tried goin down South and support Souljah Boy... he's tried every damn thing and nobody gives a fuck.  50 can't get no love?  What's up with that?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:28:54 PM by Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: East Coast supports a lot of wack rappers, why not 50 Cent?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 04:38:14 PM »
Good question.  I'm not sure, but to me he's never seemed like a NY rapper.  He has always seemed to be closer to west coast with his production, and flow.  Maybe that's why?

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 05:40:32 PM »
50 sounds west coast? foreal??...i mean, i sorta get what u mean, back when dre put him out, some of his shit had that west coast thump... but i wouldn't say he has much of a west coast style overall.

i think cats dont fuck wit him cuz his music aint really soundin fresh or innovative...jay-z and kanye, while they may not be the dopest rappers, theyre doin different shit to capture the youth, while 50 is still puttin records that sound like imitations of "get rich or die tryin"...that last joint with snoop was hot, tho.

but to be honest, jay-z's new album is actually solid...some great productions on there, and he aint the rapper he's cracked up to be, but he aint the worst.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 07:56:17 PM by NIKCC »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 05:49:18 PM »
But still, he's better than most of these rappers that get love on the East Coast.

Like who? Name me five to make this a valid statement.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 06:04:11 PM »
Like Nas said, "When Get Rich Or Die Trying came out that was the last time I really felt hip-hop was alive".    50 has definitely fallen off since those days, and I'm not much of a fan of him anymore.  But still, he's better than most of these rappers that get love on the East Coast.

I mean.. what have Kanye and Jay-Z done over the last several years that's any better than 50 Cent?    

It seems like 50 can't get no love these days.  He's tried beefin, he's tried workin with Em and Dre, he's tried running around with Mayweather, he's tried goin down South and support Souljah Boy... he's tried every damn thing and nobody gives a fuck.  50 can't get no love?  What's up with that?

Because he's a FUGAZY!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
His shit's just too redundant. GRODT was huge but after that he just couldn't really make his shit that interesting anymore. Not whack, but not worth my time either.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 07:34:42 PM »
50 cent had bandwagon fans muthafuckas who only fucked wit him cause he signed wit dre and em.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »
50 is actually one of my favorite rappers. When he was hungry on the mixtape scene nobody went harder! I still shake my head and say damn when I hear that "what I'm supposed to be scared cuz you got a big chest? My 4-5 will lift you and yo motherfuckin bench press" line.

But dude got so repetitive. Give me any topic and I can damn near predict his verse. And now he sounds so outdated, Kool Mo Dee flow havin ass nigga.

Hate to say it but he's done. I think Snoop is good for 1 more great/above average album. I think if Nas goes the Nigger / Life is Good route he's nowhere near done. Jay is good for another solid/decent project. But 50? I really don't see him having much more to offer other than putting all his energy into a new upcoming artist and revamping G-Unit Records (please no Yayo or Banks). Actually NY is wide open for 50 to create a new East Coast powerhouse.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 08:29:09 PM »
But still, he's better than most of these rappers that get love on the East Coast.

that's too easy, Jay-Z, Kanye, and then any new rapper who's selling..

1. Jay
2. Kanye
3. Asap Rocky
4. Pusha T
5. Meek Mill
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 11:09:42 PM »
couse he's a 1 hit wonda.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

HighEyeCue

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 08:29:22 AM »
Jay has been inconsistent as well...I think the radio DJ's in NY have something to do with it as well building up Jay as a legend and always playing his tracks but not so with 50 the last several years

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 09:12:59 AM »
couse he's a 1 hit wonda.

troll fail

and 50 doesn't get love in NY because back when him/G-Unit came up he basically divided and conquered the entire city and wanted to shine over everybody else like Dipset, D-Block, etc. and now look where he's at trying to be buddy buddy with everybody from Jadakiss, Fabolous, ASAP Rocky, etc. lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 03:18:07 PM »

1. Jay
2. Kanye
3. Asap Rocky
4. Pusha T
5. Meek Mill

This is like the tenth time I've seen you say it so now I have to mention it...Kanye is not an East Coast rapper. He's from the Midwest. Pusha T was born in the Bronx, grew up and reps Virgina aka the South. So already two out of the five on your list aren't even from the East Coast.

Secondly, please delete your account if you think 50 Cent is actually a better rapper than anyone you just named in 2013.

Finally, you're a troll.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 03:19:44 PM »
kanye is from Chicago

Remedy360

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 05:08:08 PM »

1. Jay
2. Kanye
3. Asap Rocky
4. Pusha T
5. Meek Mill

This is like the tenth time I've seen you say it so now I have to mention it...Kanye is not an East Coast rapper. He's from the Midwest. Pusha T was born in the Bronx, grew up and reps Virgina aka the South. So already two out of the five on your list aren't even from the East Coast.

LOL