Author Topic: Has Miguel Cabrera wrapped up the MVP award already?  (Read 1175 times)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Has Miguel Cabrera wrapped up the MVP award already?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2013, 10:56:43 PM »
have you ever even played baseball before?  3rd base is a lot tougher to field than any outfield position. 

and back to the point of the thread...Trout isn't even a top 3 candidate because he hasn't played a meaningful game in 3-4 months

Lol you may think I'm bullshitting but I played 3rd base from tee ball through high school:). 3rd base might be scary but its not as important as up the middle positions.  Think about it ss, 2nd, c, and cf are the most prized defensive positions for a reason

And yeah even though I think trout deserves it the angels stink on ice:(

MistaNova

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Trout isn't even a top 3 candidate because he hasn't played a meaningful game in 3-4 months

Then who are the other two besides Cabrera then?
Davis? Fuck no.
Cano? Fucking no again.

Trout is a MVP contender regardless of whether or not his team sucks ass. He's having a season that's just as good as the one he had last year, and last year the MVP voting was very close between him and Cabrera.

Remedy360

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2013, 09:38:59 AM »
have you ever even played baseball before?  3rd base is a lot tougher to field than any outfield position. 

and back to the point of the thread...Trout isn't even a top 3 candidate because he hasn't played a meaningful game in 3-4 months

CF takes much more athleticism. Can you imagine a guy like Adrian Beltre playing CF? LOL, not saying it's a simple position by any means, but you're really underestimating the value of CF.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 03:34:59 PM »
we'll agree to disagree then, fellas.

i couldn't imagine Andruw Jones playing 3rd base but he was one of the best ever defensive CFers

MistaNova

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2013, 03:56:57 PM »
we'll agree to disagree then, fellas.

i couldn't imagine Andruw Jones playing 3rd base but he was one of the best ever defensive CFers

At the same token I can't imagine Miguel Cabrera playing CF. He's terrible at fielding anything that comes within a 5 block radius of him.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2013, 03:59:46 PM »
miguel cabrera shouldn't be playing defense period...anywhere