Author Topic: Anybody have a take on the 6-0 Chiefs?  (Read 371 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Anybody have a take on the 6-0 Chiefs?
« on: October 17, 2013, 06:29:36 PM »
It looks pretty legit.  Kind of shows how horrible Pioli and Crennel were.  Some things that stand out...

-Have you guys noticed this rookie Defensive back Cooper?   He almost went undrafted and he was cut from the Niners.   The Chiefs had first waiver claim and picked him up and he's been sensational.   There was a special teams touchdown he had a couple weeks ago where he just outhustled the opposing player to the ball, he's had an interception nearly every week where he just out-competes the opposing player and makes a harder break to the ball and rips it away.  He's very impressive and is one of the biggest surprising players of the year.

-Tamba Hali is having another big year, Justin Houston another big year, and Dontari Poe is becoming a big time player.  The Chiefs had 10 sacks in the game last week!

-Jamal Charles is still the heart and soul of the team.  The guy is sensational in every way.   He's catching more passes in Andy Rieds offense.

- people around town complain about Alex and the offense but bottom line is they get it done when they have to and they are 6-0.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Anybody have a take on the 6-0 Chiefs?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 07:11:46 PM »
I doubted them for most of their streak, but 6-0 cannot be dismissed. They right now look like the second best team in the AFC. The problem is if they don't beat Denver in the season they could be as high as 14-2 and have to go on the road for the playoffs. They may not be able to beat teams like Cinci, NE, or Indy on the road in January. But they have a chance.

Of course, we still have a long season ahead of us.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 07:54:17 PM »
I doubted them for most of their streak, but 6-0 cannot be dismissed. They right now look like the second best team in the AFC. The problem is if they don't beat Denver in the season they could be as high as 14-2 and have to go on the road for the playoffs. They may not be able to beat teams like Cinci, NE, or Indy on the road in January. But they have a chance.

I was hoping to hear your take on it.

Your exactly right.  They will probably end up 12-4 and have to play their first playoff game on the road because of Denver.   I do however think that our defense will impress against Peyton.  It will make things interesting but I certainly don't expect the Chiefs to overcome the Broncos.

It's going to be fun either way.  People around town were predicting 6-10 for the season and we already have 6 wins.  The Chiefs get to play against struggling Houston at home, and they have made a dumb decision to start some rookie over a backup who I think I remember winning them a playoff game a couple years ago?

So the Chiefs should easily get to 7-0.   They really only have to play .500 the rest of the season to make the playoffs.  It would be great if they could just find a way to win 1 playoff game as the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since Joe Montana and Marcus Allen beat the Buddy Ryans Oilers in Houston in 93'.  What a game that was.  One of my top 5 Sports memories as a kid.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 07:59:13 PM »
top 10 teams in the NFL right now:

1-Broncos
2-Patriots
3-Seahawks
4-Saints
5-Chiefs
6-Colts
7-Bengals
8-Packers
9-Bears
10-Ravens

Broncos and Chiefs are both lucky the NFC East is rather weak.  both will probably go 4-0 in NFC games.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 08:02:39 PM »
chiefs are a lock for the playoffs if they finish over .500 at this point

afc east will have no wild card teams for sure

afc north will...bengals or ravens.

afc south is starting to look like the Colts will run away with it while houston and tenn fight from here out.  Chiefs just need to win 9-11 games to win the WC.  they need to win at least 12 with a season sweep of Denver to win the division though.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 08:21:09 PM »

I was hoping to hear your take on it.

Your exactly right.  They will probably end up 12-4 and have to play their first playoff game on the road because of Denver.   I do however think that our defense will impress against Peyton.  It will make things interesting but I certainly don't expect the Chiefs to overcome the Broncos.

It's going to be fun either way.  People around town were predicting 6-10 for the season and we already have 6 wins.  The Chiefs get to play against struggling Houston at home, and they have made a dumb decision to start some rookie over a backup who I think I remember winning them a playoff game a couple years ago?

So the Chiefs should easily get to 7-0.   They really only have to play .500 the rest of the season to make the playoffs.  It would be great if they could just find a way to win 1 playoff game as the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since Joe Montana and Marcus Allen beat the Buddy Ryans Oilers in Houston in 93'.  What a game that was.  One of my top 5 Sports memories as a kid.

Actually that rookie is such a gun slinger with a cannon and he is the only chance Houston has to win.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »

Actually that rookie is such a gun slinger with a cannon and he is the only chance Houston has to win.

What do they have against T.J. Yates?  I remember he filled in for Shaub and had them playing well in the playoffs a couple years ago.

I just don't think it's a good idea to start a quarterback his first game against the best defense in the AFC in the loudest stadium in the world against a team whose on pace to break the record for sacks.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 08:46:01 PM »

What do they have against T.J. Yates?  I remember he filled in for Shaub and had them playing well in the playoffs a couple years ago.

I just don't think it's a good idea to start a quarterback his first game against the best defense in the AFC in the loudest stadium in the world against a team whose on pace to break the record for sacks.

Yates won a home game against a Bengals team that can't play well on the road. He'll get killed. Keenum may as well, but at least we don't know for sure with Keenum. I'd bet the farm on Yates getting killed.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »

Yates won a home game against a Bengals team that can't play well on the road. He'll get killed. Keenum may as well, but at least we don't know for sure with Keenum. I'd bet the farm on Yates getting killed.

I don't know if Yates would get killed.  Remember, Houston was predicted to be the best team in the AFC before the year.  So they certainly have the talent they've just been getting destroyed with turnovers.  Yates would make a much better "game manager" and they could rely on the rest of the talent to win games.   Keenum could single-handedly ruin the Texans chances the way Pryor did last week throwing 3 interceptions and holding onto the ball to long and taking 10 sacks.   If you take away the turnovers, sacks, and Pryors pick 6 then the Raiders were toe to toe with the Chiefs.

Remedy360

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 07:21:54 PM »
They look good, great defense, run game, and Smith/Reid looks like a good fit. Haven't had a very tough schedule though.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 07:36:34 PM »
Broncos and Chiefs are both lucky the NFC East is rather weak.  both will probably go 4-0 in NFC games.
Even the Chargers will probably go 4-0 in NFC games. :laugh:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 07:54:46 PM »
They look good, great defense, run game, and Smith/Reid looks like a good fit. Haven't had a very tough schedule though.

Their schedule has been very fortunate.  The toughest game they have played so far was against the Cowboys, and it's still unknown if the Cowboys are any good this year.

They got lucky again this week.  The Texans were supposed to be one of the toughest games on the Chiefs schedule but now it turns out the Texans suck and will be starting a 3rd string quarterback for the first start of his career tomarrow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 07:55:59 PM »

Even the Chargers will probably go 4-0 in NFC games. :laugh:

hard to believe if you remember how things stacked up before the season

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »
All I know is they are the first team that really made Pryor look bad. That defense is on point. I am glad the Raiders are on a bye week because we needed some time to recover from that beating the defense gave the offense. Yeah our o-line is full of holes, but it's been all year and they go to Pryor 10 times so they are bit better than even Denver's D. And that's saying something.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 07:31:38 PM »
The Chiefs have had a weak schedule so far. 2 winless teams, the Raiders, a QB starting for the first time (Texans) and the shitty NFC East. The only team they played that even has a winning record is the Cowboys (4-3). They play the Broncos 2 times in 3 weeks. That will prove their worth.

In fact, the entire AFC West as an easy schedule. The NFC East and AFC South are really weak.