Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar Nominated for Seven Grammys  (Read 1361 times)

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
Re: Kendrick Lamar Nominated for Seven Grammys
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 01:50:38 AM »
Kendrick surely deserves it, his album brought every genre together, gangsta rap fans listens to it, girls listens to it , it has great replay value..and have in mind that this is the grammys wich is mainly for artists signed on a major label, like it or not Kendrick is a mainstream artist not even categorized as a west coast mc, and to me its the album of the year the kid took his voice to the mainstream and now everybody is saying Bitch Don't Kill my vibe

yeah and marshall mather LP 2 was better than the first one.. open your eyes - kendrick's just another mainstream cat to squeeze some money outta next people, no secret of course, but he aint nothin special - surely not as you presented him.. and come on he is not anywhere near gangsta rap - its been really overused term, but you just cant call teenage music made by a kid gangsta rap

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »
Kendrick surely deserves it, his album brought every genre together, gangsta rap fans listens to it, girls listens to it , it has great replay value..and have in mind that this is the grammys wich is mainly for artists signed on a major label, like it or not Kendrick is a mainstream artist not even categorized as a west coast mc, and to me its the album of the year the kid took his voice to the mainstream and now everybody is saying Bitch Don't Kill my vibe

yeah and marshall mather LP 2 was better than the first one.. open your eyes - kendrick's just another mainstream cat to squeeze some money outta next people, no secret of course, but he aint nothin special - surely not as you presented him.. and come on he is not anywhere near gangsta rap - its been really overused term, but you just cant call teenage music made by a kid gangsta rap

No its not gangsta rap.

Blood$

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 05:23:29 PM »
GKMC was album of the year without a doubt and most true hip hop fans and even rappers themselves will tell you the same. Really not even close.

midwestryder

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 12:26:41 AM »

How is Kendrick a main street cat when started in underground? . Kendrick is from Compton & was around gang life . yes GKMC is gangsta rap .GKMC is telling  the story of his life in Compton .

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 04:02:15 AM »

How is Kendrick a main street cat when started in underground? . Kendrick is from Compton & was around gang life . yes GKMC is gangsta rap .GKMC is telling  the story of his life in Compton .

i dont know if you're serious

how else you wanna start then? ;p and it aint gangsta rap, no fuckin way.. this album is gay as shit, you cant call it gangster just couse he's from comtpon and he 'was arround gang life' - worlds fallen off.. its just a rap album

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 04:11:59 AM »
I believe that this album is , his perception of growing in Compton.

midwestryder

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 05:13:58 AM »

How is Kendrick a main street cat when started in underground? . Kendrick is from Compton & was around gang life . yes GKMC is gangsta rap .GKMC is telling  the story of his life in Compton .

i dont know if you're serious

how else you wanna start then? ;p and it aint gangsta rap, no fuckin way.. this album is gay as shit, you cant call it gangster just couse he's from comtpon and he 'was arround gang life' - worlds fallen off.. its just a rap album

One the album is not gay . It is some real life shit & you sound like a hater.  It is fact the album is real story of Kendrick . the album has MC Eiht , Dr dre, & Jay Rock who known as gangsta rappers . Plus he raps about gang life & being around it . Yes I can call it gangster just cause he from Compton & is rapping about real life shit aka reality rap aka gangsta rap .  what does you fake foreign ass know about gangsta rap or Compton ?  Nothing !  Plus you sound like you have never listen to the whole album anyways.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:16:52 AM by midwestryder »

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 09:38:36 AM »
First and only song I've heard by him was in that Dre advert.

He's wack son, even OG Loc Dogg spits better than him with his Royce Da 59 knock off flow.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 12:59:39 PM »
One the album is not gay . It is some real life shit & you sound like a hater.  It is fact the album is real story of Kendrick . the album has MC Eiht , Dr dre, & Jay Rock who known as gangsta rappers . Plus he raps about gang life & being around it . Yes I can call it gangster just cause he from Compton & is rapping about real life shit aka reality rap aka gangsta rap .  what does you fake foreign ass know about gangsta rap or Compton ?  Nothing !  Plus you sound like you have never listen to the whole album anyways.
allright, give me one kendrick's reality gangster verse

man, i can come from every place in the world, it doesnt change shit, compton is one city of many - it sounds like you're nuts i really dont know if you're serious

Will_B

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 01:15:31 PM »

From the title track of the album

"Brace yourself, I'll take you on a trip down memory lane
This is not a rap on how I'm slingin crack or move cocaine
This is cul-de-sac and plenty Cognac and major pain
Not the drill sergeant, but the stress that weighin' on your brain
It was Me, L Boogs, and Yan Yan, YG, Lucky ride down Rosecrans
It got ugly, waving your hand out the window. Check yo self
Uh, warriors and Conans
Hope euphoria can slow dance with society
The driver seat the first one to get killed
Seen a light-skinned nigga with his brains blown out
At the same burger stand where --- hang out
Now this is not a tape recorder saying that he did it
But ever since that day, I was lookin at him different
That was back when I was nine, Joey packed the nine
Pakistan on every porch is fine
We adapt to crime, pack a van with four guns at a time
With the sliding door, fuck is up?
Fuck you shootin' for if you ain't walkin' up you fuckin' punk?
Pickin' up the fuckin' pump
Pickin' off you suckers, suck a dick or die or sucker punch
A wall of bullets comin from
AK's, AR's, "Aye y'all. Duck."
That's what momma said when we was eatin' the free lunch
Aw man, God damn, all hell broke loose
You killed my cousin back in '94. Fuck yo truce
Now crawl yo head in that noose, you wind up dead on the news
Ain't no peace treaty, just pieces BG's up to pre-approve
Bodies on top of bodies, IV's on top of IV's
Obviously the coroner between the sheets like the Isleys
When you hop on that trolley, make sure your colors correct
Make sure you're corporate, or they'll be calling your mother collect
They say the governor collect, all of our taxes except
When we in traffic and tragic happens, that shit ain't no threat
You movin backwards if you suggest that you sleep with a Tec
Go buy a chopper and have a doctor on speed dial, I guess
M.A.A.d city"

bouli77

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 02:41:38 PM »
GKMC, from its title to its narrative, is strewn with gangsta influences, as it should since Kendrick (GK) is from Compton (MC) and grew up in the 90's. Money Trees is a gangsta rap song, and in several songs he talks about the pitfalls of growing up in a gang infested city "if pirus and crips all got along, they'd probably gun me down by the end of the song". it's not a regular gangsta rap album cause Kendrick doesn't really play the gangster on the album, but you have gangsta cuts it's just that kendrick is more subtle than that and his adolescence was in the 00's so of course it's gonna have other dominant influences. that's what you call being relevant. still, the backdrop of the album is gang life and violence in Compton, and he deals it in every possible way (you have the nostalgic song, the victim song, the peer pressure song, the dilemma song, etc.). to say that it's gay is just plain haterism. Kendrick's album is brilliant but people catches feelings because some people tend to overrate it, and because it caught on with the mainstream, but one thing about K. Dot is that he's not manufactured, and he didn't have to sell out to go global, although he could have done without Poetic Justice and that Compton song.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 02:51:31 PM »
GKMC, from its title to its narrative, is strewn with gangsta influences, as it should since Kendrick (GK) is from Compton (MC) and grew up in the 90's. Money Trees is a gangsta rap song, and in several songs he talks about the pitfalls of growing up in a gang infested city "if pirus and crips all got along, they'd probably gun me down by the end of the song". it's not a regular gangsta rap album cause Kendrick doesn't really play the gangster on the album, but you have gangsta cuts it's just that kendrick is more subtle than that and his adolescence was in the 00's so of course it's gonna have other dominant influences. that's what you call being relevant. still, the backdrop of the album is gang life and violence in Compton, and he deals it in every possible way (you have the nostalgic song, the victim song, the peer pressure song, the dilemma song, etc.). to say that it's gay is just plain haterism. Kendrick's album is brilliant but people catches feelings because some people tend to overrate it, and because it caught on with the mainstream, but one thing about K. Dot is that he's not manufactured, and he didn't have to sell out to go global, although he could have done without Poetic Justice and that Compton song.

i am a bit of a hater on kendrick, im thinkin same as you that its becouse hes way overrated, like with that 'control' verse, i dont know what was all that about, and i dont really know what is it that some people praise him so high, maybe its becouse theres lack of quality people in music last years, but he aint got it neither

bouli77

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2013, 02:55:20 PM »
don't let the bullshit media hype cloud your vision. i know it's obnoxious but you're missing out on Kendrick. dude is definitely talented. this ain't for everyone though.

midwestryder

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2013, 03:04:06 PM »

man, i can come from every place in the world, it doesnt change shit, compton is one city of many - it sounds like you're nuts i really dont know if you're serious
Yes it does matter where come from in world .. It does change shit . You're from Poland . How hell would you know anything about Compton or how it notorious for gang violence or for its gang life ? . You would not . How the hell do you know anything about gangsta rap since you are from Poland? You would not !. I am not nuts . I just sounding nuts to you because you don't like the truth I am spittin . Kendrick has got it . You are just being a blind hater.

Okka

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 03:19:55 PM »

i am a bit of a hater on kendrick, im thinkin same as you that its becouse hes way overrated, like with that 'control' verse, i dont know what was all that about, and i dont really know what is it that some people praise him so high, maybe its becouse theres lack of quality people in music last years, but he aint got it neither

You should check out more of his stuff. If you only heard a couple of songs here and there.