Author Topic: Worst Mixtape Covers of 2013  (Read 174 times)

Blood$

Worst Mixtape Covers of 2013
« on: December 20, 2013, 01:53:46 PM »
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.26707/title.complex-names-the-worst-mixtape-covers-of-2013

Complex has named its "The Worst Mixtape Covers Of 2013." Young Jeezy’s #ItsThaWorld2 had the worst mixtape cover of 2013, while Lil Bibby’s Free Crack was the second-worst mixtape cover of 2013, according to Complex’s list.

"The easy way out for some of these unknowns seems to be to take the artwork from one mixtape, repackage it with the number 2 on it, and feed it back to the people,” Complex says in its Young Jeezy blurb. "Young Jeezy is a big time rapper, there is no reason why he should fall into that trap. What's worse is that the 2 is peaking out from behind the Earth like Chris Bosh photobombing D Wade."

The article makes fun of Lil Bibby’s cover. "We're not drug experts or anything, but isn't that cocaine and not crack?” Complex says. "And if it were crack, making it free doesn't make it (or the music) more enticing."

Complex's “The Worst Mixtape Covers Of 2013" is as follows:

1. #ItsThaWorld2, Young Jeezy
2. Free Crack, Lil Bibby
3. White Power, El Dorado Red
4. Juice World 2, OJ Da Juiceman
5. Ballin’ No NBA, Ballout
6. Escalation, Navin
7. Ketchup, DJ Mustard
8. Catholic Illuminati: Papal Infallibility, Charles Hamilton
9. Lace Blunts, Bizarre
10. 2 Pac Mashing, DJ FarrOut and Mc Thorn City
11. Louisianimalz, Turk
12. Twurk or Die, Ying Yang Twins
13. America Eats Its Babies, Big Baby Gandhi and Yuri Beats
14. All In The Family, Slick The Poet
15. King Me, DJ Get It Rite
16. Jakkin Yo Beats, Lit Burns
17. Go:Neptune, TobythePriest
18. Road 2 The Riches, Ty
19. I Smash T.H.O.T.S., DJ Cruisa
20. DTM2: The Departure, Dutch the Master
21. Foreign, Soulja Boy
22. The Outlet 2, Mr. Meredith
23. Fredo Kruger, Fredo Santana
24. Slime Flu 3, Vado
25. 100% Gutta, Lil’ B

:laugh:

Fredo's cover was hard as fuck though, only one I don't agree with being on the list  8)