Author Topic: I'm not American. I live in America.  (Read 485 times)

infinite59

I'm not American. I live in America.
« on: March 22, 2003, 04:13:07 AM »
One day when people get past their infant stages of maturity and quit feeling so insecure, they will be able to finally realize that nationalism: the practice of dividing ourselves up relative to the unnatural borders man has placed on this Earth; is the reason we are failing to actualize world peace.

Like the Qur'an teaches.  All men are equal.  A dead man in Iraq or North Korea is just as sad as a dead American, or dead European.  The only thing that makes one person better than another is his deads.

Kaidy

Re:I'm not American. I live in America.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 04:34:57 AM »
I agree with you for once. I think patriotism and nationalism are just forms of xenaphobia and a tool used to give a nations people the soldier mentality of 'us and them'. Once you travel a little bit and see other cultures you realize just how similar ALL humans are despite the differences and boundaries.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 04:41:51 AM »
All men are equal.  A dead man in Iraq or North Korea is just as sad as a dead American, or dead European.  The only thing that makes one person better than another is his deads.

^^very true statement. But our media doesnt feel the same, and the media is basically only a reflexion of the peoples views. Seeing as how the media will only show, what the people want to see. Americans, want to know about the 5 US soldiers that die...and spend a 1 hour segment on it, and would not want to hear about 100 Iraqi civilians who die.

Im American, i was born here, i live here, and will probably always live here. Id honestly rather live here then anywhere, BUT, im not so blind as some. The only way to make your country BETTER, is to question it sometimes. Some, jus fuckin follow like sheep. "Anything the country does, MUST be good...we're American!" lol

Kaidy

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 04:43:51 AM »
The only way to make your country BETTER, is to question it sometimes. Some, jus fuckin follow like sheep. "Anything the country does, MUST be good...we're American!" lol

So true, good post

TheSheriff

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 06:05:59 AM »
Word

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2003, 09:30:28 AM »
All men are equal.  A dead man in Iraq or North Korea is just as sad as a dead American, or dead European.  The only thing that makes one person better than another is his deads.

^^very true statement. But our media doesnt feel the same, and the media is basically only a reflexion of the peoples views. Seeing as how the media will only show, what the people want to see. Americans, want to know about the 5 US soldiers that die...and spend a 1 hour segment on it, and would not want to hear about 100 Iraqi civilians who die.

Im American, i was born here, i live here, and will probably always live here. Id honestly rather live here then anywhere, BUT, im not so blind as some. The only way to make your country BETTER, is to question it sometimes. Some, jus fuckin follow like sheep. "Anything the country does, MUST be good...we're American!" lol
tone was on point...i'm not one of the blind ones..

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2003, 10:00:59 AM »
One day when people get past their infant stages of maturity and quit feeling so insecure, they will be able to finally realize that nationalism: the practice of dividing ourselves up relative to the unnatural borders man has placed on this Earth; is the reason we are failing to actualize world peace.

Like the Qur'an teaches.  All men are equal.  A dead man in Iraq or North Korea is just as sad as a dead American, or dead European.  The only thing that makes one person better than another is his deads.
good post and interesting thoughts.  though you shouldnt feel the need to site the quran(which is just as much of a hipochracy as the bible)....but i agree with ya on the first part

Quakaveli

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2003, 09:23:56 PM »
LMAO@Infaggot talking about other ppl being insecure..

Yeah good point you have there, but its natural to be nationalistic..everyone defines themselves from their surroundings, culture, environment, religion, etc...and ppl will be nationalistic forever. I can argue the same thign with u and ur religious fanaticism...oh if only ppl would forget religion world would be so much more peaceful...its not realistic though.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2003, 03:10:06 AM »
Yeah good point you have there, but its natural to be nationalistic..everyone defines themselves from their surroundings, culture, environment, religion, etc...and ppl will be nationalistic forever.

true...

"In SD, im 5000 Logan block bangin, D stompin down tha block wit tha Chuck T'z flamin"~Don Diego

^^one of tha most common trendz in rap....rep whea u frum. People like to feel proud of the place they come from. Im not BIG on bein from America, but i rep kali and SD to the fullest. So i guess its similar.

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2003, 05:21:21 PM »
I think some people get the nature of god and the nature of man confused.  Sure, it's true, all men are equal, a dead iraqi is just as bad as a dead american.  Unfortunately, the world doesn't operate that way, and if you don't operate the way the world does, you die.  In a perfect world, people wouldn't get mugged.  That doesn't mean you stroll the alleys of new york at night, because 'you understand'.  Please.  BTW, stop telling us stuff we already know.  Hey, I got some philosophy for you:

"Men and women are equals"!!!

Now, maybe we'll get a dozen people to respond and tell me how insightful I am for stating the obvious.  

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2003, 09:46:42 PM »

That is cool. But when are Muslims going to start considering people of other religions to be their equals instead of "infidels"?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2003, 09:50:21 PM »
The second your country stops targeting Muslims.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2003, 09:58:37 PM »

My country? Muslims can't get along with Christians, Jews, or Hindus. They are commiting terror all over, from Palestine to Indonesia to Chechnya to Kashmir to America to the Phillipines. It is everywhere.

Clearly there is a problem here, and it can't be blamed on my country.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2003, 09:59:29 PM by CWalker187 »

Quakaveli

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2003, 10:43:02 PM »

My country? Muslims can't get along with Christians, Jews, or Hindus. They are commiting terror all over, from Palestine to Indonesia to Chechnya to Kashmir to America to the Phillipines. It is everywhere.

Clearly there is a problem here, and it can't be blamed on my country.

hAHA  Word...I cant wait for debate club nerd to come here and "rip ur argument" like a faghan rips male anuses ::)

infinite59

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2003, 04:49:12 AM »

That is cool. But when are Muslims going to start considering people of other religions to be their equals instead of "infidels"?

Infidel means one who is not of a particular religion.  So therefore a non-Muslim would be of course an infidel when we are speaking in relation to Islam.  So what are you saying?  You are saying nothing.