Poll

is it?

yes
3 (21.4%)
no
11 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Was Holla Holla Ja Rule's best song?  (Read 1877 times)

Sccit

Re: Was Holla Holla Ja Rule's best song?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 06:27:23 PM »
SO WHAT IF HE WAS ON A COUPLE OF DOPE TRACKS, IF THAT SONG WAS A JA RULE SOLO IT WOULD BE 100% GAY, BECAUSE HE HIMSELF IS GAY.....CANT FUX WIT THAT SHIT

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 06:36:03 PM »

banger

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 07:38:59 PM »
LOL slap ja rule all u want, he the definition of whack

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »
LOL slap ja rule all u want, he the definition of whack

i'm not sayin he's anything special but he has some bangers to his name.  he also has a lot of garbage music to his name too.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »
This is Ja Rule we are talking about.... He could even sound like Pac and I still wouldn't feel it.  He can do a cover to "Pain" and I still wouldn't feel it... Because you got to understand, that more than just a rapper, Pac was a great human being.   

There are many pathways to the heart.  What we hear, see, eat, think, feel, etc., all of this effects our subconscious flex... and whatever we take in is going to manifest itself one way or another.  So to recap, why I don't like Ja Rule,

1.  His music is wack
2.  Even if his music sounded good I still wouldn't listen to him because the soul and heart is lacking 
I kind of laugh at shit like this.  Music is music.  You can't judge a person as a human being if your only exposure to them is through media. People get so caught up in the image, it's amusing.

he was a much better artist then 50 cents at least ja rule can make hits unlike 50
and he sold way more albums then 50 people wanted change and 50 fluke was that change instead all we got in return was garbage dre should have kept those beats for detox

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja_Rule_discography

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_discography
He's sold way more albums than 50?  You may want to check the numbers on those links you posted, brother.

50 Cent sold 15 million copies worldwide on his first album, Ja Rule did 12 million worldwide combined sales on his first 3 albums.
In the US market, according to the numbers cited, 50 did over 16 million on four released albums while Ja Rule did just under 11 million on 6 released albums. That's not including sales of Guess Who's Back?, the G-Unit group project, or the soundtrack to his movie.

If we're comparing hit songs, 50 has 3 #1 hit singles nationally, 4 if you count features. Ja has 1 off his own record, 2 with Jennifer Lopez. He has never had a hit single as big as "In Da Club".

Did you even bother reading the links you put up or are you just that bad at math? 

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 04:08:25 PM »
i'm a bit shocked at Ja's lack of sales in comparison to 50.  Murder Inc was on fire in the late 90's and damn near everything Irv Gotti was involved in was going platinum  (Jay Z, DMX, Ja).

the only artist Irv was never able to blow up was his favorite emcee, Mc Geronimo

Jimmy H.

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 11:42:51 PM »
Ja had a very hot run for a couple years but 50 had something that no other artist had since. He was the total package of everything that a new artist needed to be. He had the buzz of being Dr. Dre's new artist. The buzz of being the one to come up with Eminem so the white kids were hip to him. He had the story about being shot nine times and surviving that the media loved.  He was a great interview. He had a strong buzz single with "Wanksta" and a monster hit with "In Da Club". He had taken over the mixtape circuit and made mixtapes into a way to generate interest like nobody had ever seen. Combine that with the idea that Ja Rule was already too heavy in the rotation. People didn't need 50 to tell them that they were tired of him but it definitely helped 50 get there.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 07:28:33 AM »
Ja had a very hot run for a couple years but 50 had something that no other artist had since. He was the total package of everything that a new artist needed to be. He had the buzz of being Dr. Dre's new artist. The buzz of being the one to come up with Eminem so the white kids were hip to him. He had the story about being shot nine times and surviving that the media loved.  He was a great interview. He had a strong buzz single with "Wanksta" and a monster hit with "In Da Club". He had taken over the mixtape circuit and made mixtapes into a way to generate interest like nobody had ever seen. Combine that with the idea that Ja Rule was already too heavy in the rotation. People didn't need 50 to tell them that they were tired of him but it definitely helped 50 get there.

this is all true....lightning in a bottle type shit  (i.e. 2pac going to death row, DMX blowing up in 98, eminem and dre catching eachother at the perfect time etc.)

but i always thought in da club was a "good" song and that's it.  i still remember 50 cent from when How To Rob dropped because the Umaine radio station had a hip hop show and they'd play the dopest stuff and How to rob was a huge underground banger.  didn't blow up but it pissed off a lot of rappers who were named on it which got him the attention he needed  (before being shot)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 04:21:16 PM »

this is all true....lightning in a bottle type shit  (i.e. 2pac going to death row, DMX blowing up in 98, eminem and dre catching eachother at the perfect time etc.)
I think the 50 thing was a combination of all those things at a time when hip-hop hadn't had it in awhile. Pac at Death Row would be one of the closest to resembling it because you had a guy who had created so much controversy and had such a wild story when he got out of prison, linking up with the biggest label and really going to battle with another major star. DMX in 98 was similar in that he was bringing something back to hip-hop that was absent. He was presenting dark, grimy material at a time when the market was avoiding it like the plague. I honestly do not consider Em and Dre an example of great timing from a commercial standpoint. I think it was good in the sense of where they eventually got to but the market was skeptical of Eminem at first. Even with his first album doing well, people really thought he was some one-hit wonder white pop act that only got over because of Dr. Dre.

but i always thought in da club was a "good" song and that's it.   
Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there was really no denying how hot the record became.  I've heard people give all the credit to Dre's beat but that "Go, shawty! It's your birffday" was being said by everyone and 50 knew how to write songs.

i still remember 50 cent from when How To Rob dropped because the Umaine radio station had a hip hop show and they'd play the dopest stuff and How to rob was a huge underground banger.  didn't blow up but it pissed off a lot of rappers who were named on it which got him the attention he needed  (before being shot)
I actually remember seeing him on the old WWF Sunday Night Heat when they would play music videos for like weekly wrap-ups and mix wrestling clips with them. They had "Life's on the Line" and I remember thinking it was amazing and checking him out.  He was an artist I wanted to hear more from and then I remember news of him getting shot and many people thinking he would be dead. I picked up that "Power of the Dollar" bootleg around summer of 2001 and was bumping it quite regularly. When "Guess Who's Back" came out, I remember having to drive to like six different music stores to find it because it was real independent. Then that summer, they announced that Em and Dre were signing him and I had a feeling he was going to be huge.

I didn't think "Wanksta" was a great song but it was catching on as an expression and after a few spins of "In Da Club", I could see it being a hit then it ended up becoming one of those tracks that you heard EVERYWHERE.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 04:33:51 PM »
i got a 99 source mag and you'd think Eminem was the biggest star on earth already before MMLP even existed

Portugoal

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2014, 03:04:19 AM »
I always liked those poppy songs Ja Rule made back then.

Between Me & You
I'm Real Remix
Put It On Me
Thug Lovin

8)

Lucifuge

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2014, 04:29:06 AM »

classic! 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

WestSideDon

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2014, 05:25:43 AM »
Never really liked him and his pop songs, but he made a few pretty cool songs that I still like to listen to nowdays.
New York is my favorite song by him, classic tune.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2014, 10:59:37 AM »
yeah new york is a dope song too

Jimmy H.

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2014, 07:10:48 PM »
i got a 99 source mag and you'd think Eminem was the biggest star on earth already before MMLP even existed
Who was on the cover of the issue in question?