Author Topic: Heatmakerz  (Read 223 times)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
Heatmakerz
« on: March 25, 2003, 09:30:13 PM »
all i gotta say is that they really lived up to their name on the Diplomats album, i cant wait to hear more from them, they have a style that somehow combines Kanye West and Just Blaze, its dope ;D

Dorado

• 'G'
  • What's Really Good!??!?!
Re:Heatmakerz
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 10:24:41 PM »
Damn dog u get mad props for seeing the production value on the Dip Set album.  The beats alone make the album worth buying.
Think Free.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 11:16:40 PM »
yeah, I have heard mix reviews about sampling all those old soul tracks but i love it, the ROC's producers are among the best at doing it especially Kanye West but now the Heatmakerz are making a name for themselves

btw whats up with the Diplomats yelling "Taliban" throughout the cd???

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2003, 12:42:36 AM »
the first track i heardthat was produced by heatmakerz was IM READY, i couldnt believe how crazy taht track was, i thought it was either done by just blaze or kanye,,,,but man they got talent

Jome

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 07:25:08 PM »

Confusion at it's best (worst), especially when they have a track called 9/11.

Dorado

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 10:28:44 PM »
Damn Golden Jome u have no love for the dip set man.  but its cool man to each is own.  just i have see u post a lot of hate to the diplomats.  but disagreements are what  keeps the board going right? its kool dog jus wondering?
Think Free.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2003, 11:02:32 PM »
yeah, I have heard mix reviews about sampling all those old soul tracks but i love it, the ROC's producers are among the best at doing it especially Kanye West but now the Heatmakerz are making a name for themselves

i think that used to be their name before sept 11th

Jome

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2003, 08:02:00 PM »
Damn Golden Jome u have no love for the dip set man.  but its cool man to each is own.  just i have see u post a lot of hate to the diplomats.  but disagreements are what  keeps the board going right? its kool dog jus wondering?

Wrong wrong and wrong.

If you had actually read my posts, you would have seen me give props to Diplomats for dope beats and a solid album.
Cam'Ron's presence is what saves the lyrics though..

However, there's a few things that makes it all too corny..

* Using no less than 18 samples/interpolations/excerpts is nothing if not ridiculous.

* Wearing pink fur-coats and screaming "KILLA" is still not considered cool.

* Having no-skilled MC's on a album is considered OK, until they start screaming Taliban or Al-Quada.

* "What's REALLY good?" and similar gimmicks is expected from Nelly, not a "grimey" rap-group.

* Hyping Diplomats to new hights until you are offered backstage-pass as groupie is not considered cool.

* Especially not when you have 2 accounts and both are equal, minus one character.

Dorado

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2003, 11:16:45 PM »
* Hyping Diplomats to new hights until you are offered backstage-pass as groupie is not considered cool.

* Especially not when you have 2 accounts and both are equal, minus one character.

Wrong and Wrong!

This is to the two pot shots you came at me with.  Now lets correct these man.

*Im hyping Diplomats by calling myself Diplomat, like you are hyping Tha Eastersiders by having there picture under ur name.

*I dont have two accounts. Why the hell would I have 2 accounts ????  On what proof did you come to this conclusion???  

A man I didnt want to come at you wrong, i was just messing around. Seems to me you took it wrong.  But a homie if I came at you wrong I dont mean no disrespect.  Holla!
Think Free.

Jome

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2003, 11:28:01 PM »

Wrong and Wrong!

This is to the two pot shots you came at me with.  Now lets correct these man.

*Im hyping Diplomats by calling myself Diplomat, like you are hyping Tha Eastersiders by having there picture under ur name.

*I dont have two accounts. Why the hell would I have 2 accounts ????  On what proof did you come to this conclusion???  

A man I didnt want to come at you wrong, i was just messing around. Seems to me you took it wrong.  But a homie if I came at you wrong I dont mean no disrespect.  Holla!

Boi Boi  ::)

:P

Dorado

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2003, 11:32:46 PM »

Boi Boi  ::)

:P

LOL!!!  That was not me! That was DIPLOMATS!  LOL!

Boi Boi was wack!  So hey man no hard fealings??
Think Free.

Navigator

• Lil Geezy
  • Ourworld
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2003, 03:24:42 PM »
Back to the original topic.
Yeah i'd agree with cha there 'theoneandonly' there style is quite versatile from the stuff i've herd on the album.The dipset anthem a.k.a gangsta music is a blazin song.As is 'i'm ready',which as juelz says,it makes u feel like rocky.Should definatley be hearin more these these peeps very soon.
u already knooow!

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2003, 03:40:14 PM »
The beats alone make the album worth buying.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris