Author Topic: Nas Announces Mass Appeal Records  (Read 387 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Nas Announces Mass Appeal Records
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:11:51 PM »
Nas will become an independent act once his recording contract with Def Jam expires.

Nas will become a Mass Appeal Records artist once his Def Jam Recordings contract expires, according to Billboard. 

"I'm excited to be a part of creating and supporting future careers and legacy artists, promoting love and finding new genius to help the world," Nas said in an email to Billboard. "I'm going to be as involved as I need to be, but I also want to be respectful of the art and give artists the space they need to grow and become themselves."

Mass Appeal Records is co-founded by Nas and Peter Bittenbender. The latter is a co-founder of Decon Records, which will continue to operate as a creative studio and shift its acts to Mass Appeal.

The imprint, which will be distributed by Sony’s RED, is slated to release a compilation this summer featuring material from Future, Pusha T, Mac Miller, A$AP Mob and Nas. Nas will cover Gang Starr’s “Mass Appeal” song on the release.

Another Mass Appeal project is slated to be Nas' Lost Tapes 2. A Pimp C posthumous album is also on its slate.

Mass Appeal’s other recording acts are Boldy James, Bishop Nehru and Fashawn.

"Nas is a tremendous artist and one of hip-hop’s all-time greats," Doug Morris, CEO of Sony Music Entertainment, said to Billboard. "We are delighted to welcome him back to the Sony Music family.”

Nas released his early material through Sony Music's Columbia Records.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

Re: Nas Announces Mass Appeal Records
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 12:58:04 AM »
Thanks for posting this up.

So yeah, a lot of cool stuff to look forward too. But what's left in his Def Jam contact? When's that album droppin Nasty!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 01:34:52 AM »
I wish him the best, Nas is one of those guys that really deserves success. BUT...he hasn't done shit with Ill Will Records in 20 years so not seeing what the difference is here.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 02:35:52 AM »
Whether he gets released or not, Fashawn having a stamp like that from Nas is a real good look.

Sadly, 75% of this forum probably doesn't know who Fashawn is.

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 08:57:06 AM »

no lie

I just go onto Boldy James lately he's got some potential, curious to see how that Pimp C album turns out

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 09:24:23 AM »
Whether he gets released or not, Fashawn having a stamp like that from Nas is a real good look.

real talk.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 07:39:06 PM »
Haha thanks for backing me up guys. The lack of responses only proved my point.

Anybody looking for high quality hip hop with lyricism and a westcoast flavor, go get:

Fashawn - Boy Meets World
Fashawn - The Antidote
Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic

Thank me later.

aerroc

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 08:18:01 PM »
Haha thanks for backing me up guys. The lack of responses only proved my point.

Anybody looking for high quality hip hop with lyricism and a westcoast flavor, go get:

Fashawn - Boy Meets World
Fashawn - The Antidote
Fashawn - Ode to Illmatic

Thank me later.
just checked out Fashawn i think hes good i liked what i heard im going to check out that album Boy Meets World from 2009

aerroc

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »
this is something nas should have done years ago

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 09:35:41 PM »
this is something nas should have done years ago

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 05:09:40 AM »
nice thread.... but I never liked Nas as a mogul.  Nas can't even do dope interviews.  When Nas quits worrying about all the other shit, and about selling records and all that stuff and gets back to writing and recording that's when he drops gems. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bouli77

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 06:33:44 AM »

real talk.

i'm pretty sure most know of fashawn but don't really like his music. I think someone (doggfather maybe) even created a thread about his album with Murs "this generation" and the video they shot back when it dropped.

I own Boy Meets World and Grizzly City Vol. 3. I liked Boy Meets World but I'm not a big fan, Grizzly City Vol. 3 was cool. I dug the Gap band sample on "Hey Young World" though,

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 04:05:13 PM »
Best news in a minute. Nas will have even more artistic freedom. And for the life of me, I have NO IDEA how it came about that Pimp C album is dropping on his label, but Mass Appeal records already has a better discog than most of the rap game.