Author Topic: Underrated Snoop Dogg Songs  (Read 4763 times)

WestSideDon

Re: Underrated Snoop Dogg Songs
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2014, 06:34:07 AM »
Just been listenin to that "Choose" Track which was also released during the doggumentary promo, pretty cool song just like "Keep Going"

Mr. Theo

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2014, 06:46:34 AM »
Midnight Love

El Lay

Ups and Downs

Don't Tell

Wonder What It Do

Different Languages

Those Gurlz

Deez Hollywood Nights

Can't Say Goodbye

Like This

Can U Control Yo Hoe

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

WestSideDon

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2014, 06:59:28 AM »
-"Ride On" feat. Kurupt - Single off of the Caught Up soundtrack

-"You Bring Me Up" KC and JoJo single

-"Hooked" - banger on the I Got The Hookup Soundtrack

-"Still A G Thang"  - I loved this song from the moment it came out.  Meach produced the one bright spot on an otherwise garbage album prod. by Beats by the Pound

-"Buck Um" - This song was sensational.  Right away when you heard it open up the Top Dogg album you knew Snoop had finally returned to old form

-"Life Goes On" - Touching solo track to end the first Eastsidaz album.

-"Purple" -rare version hard to find.  This was on a bootleg of what became Tha Last Meal.  Seemed like it had elements from Dre's "Zoom".

-"Ya'll Gone Miss Me" -  A great track to close out the Last Meal album

-"Go Away"-  Another hott joint from Last Meal.  Kind of a more conscious Snoop joint.  Snoop had really gotten back into a zone during that period of West Resurgence surrounding the Up In Smoke Tour

-"Balls of Steal" -  Another nice solo joint from the Eastsidaz first album.  I know he basically remade an old school hip-hop joint from the 80's on this one, shit was dope.

-"Smooth"?? feat. Nate and Techniec?  - this was an unreleased joint from the Fucc Deathrow bootleg around 98'.  It's the song where Tech says he's the "Doggfather's lil homie" and Snoop says, "Ain't that funny/ how I got lil homies now/ I remember when I was just a lil Bow Wow"

-"Change Gone Come" feat. Val Young  - This was actually supposed to be a single for a 3rd album, it was even featured in that Source cover article when Snoop was trying to get off of Death Row

-"Rock Your Body Rock Your Soul" - feat. Nate, Kurupt, E-40 - another nice cut off the Fuck Deathrow bootleg

Do you know anything about the bootleg that included "Purple" ?
Maybe a Tracklist ? Is it the version of the album that suge put out on the death row website to fuck up snoops sales or is that the advanced version ?

doggfather

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2014, 12:43:57 AM »
sexual eruption, fuck what yall deathrow/1996 groupie ass euros think, this shit is smooth and its dope as fuck to smoke to

lol, one of the worst snoop track ever.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2014, 05:05:52 AM »
The Bidness - from R&G.

i never really paid attention to that track, but some time ago i stopped on it while listening the album, and fuck im feelin it now

WestSideDon

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2014, 05:07:41 AM »

-"Still A G Thang"  - I loved this song from the moment it came out.  Meach produced the one bright spot on an otherwise garbage album prod. by Beats by the Pound

-"Buck Um" - This song was sensational.  Right away when you heard it open up the Top Dogg album you knew Snoop had finally returned to old form

-"Purple" -rare version hard to find.  This was on a bootleg of what became Tha Last Meal.  Seemed like it had elements from Dre's "Zoom".

-"Ya'll Gone Miss Me" -  A great track to close out the Last Meal album

-"Go Away"-  Another hott joint from Last Meal.  Kind of a more conscious Snoop joint.  Snoop had really gotten back into a zone during that period of West Resurgence surrounding the Up In Smoke Tour

-"Balls of Steal" -  Another nice solo joint from the Eastsidaz first album.  I know he basically remade an old school hip-hop joint from the 80's on this one, shit was dope.

-"Smooth"?? feat. Nate and Techniec?  - this was an unreleased joint from the Fucc Deathrow bootleg around 98'.  It's the song where Tech says he's the "Doggfather's lil homie" and Snoop says, "Ain't that funny/ how I got lil homies now/ I remember when I was just a lil Bow Wow"

-"Change Gone Come" feat. Val Young  - This was actually supposed to be a single for a 3rd album, it was even featured in that Source cover article when Snoop was trying to get off of Death Row

-"Rock Your Body Rock Your Soul" - feat. Nate, Kurupt, E-40 - another nice cut off the Fuck Deathrow bootleg

Maybe a Tracklist ? Is it the version of the album that suge put out on the death row website to fuck up snoops sales or is that the advanced version ?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2014, 06:22:03 AM »

gin n juice 2

etc.

lol @"Gin and Juice 2" that was like the lowest point of Snoop's career.  That song was trash and an insult to the work Dre put in on the O.G. version that made Snoop the Michael Jordan of rap in 93-94
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2014, 06:27:49 AM »

-"Still A G Thang"  - I loved this song from the moment it came out.  Meach produced the one bright spot on an otherwise garbage album prod. by Beats by the Pound

-"Buck Um" - This song was sensational.  Right away when you heard it open up the Top Dogg album you knew Snoop had finally returned to old form

-"Purple" -rare version hard to find.  This was on a bootleg of what became Tha Last Meal.  Seemed like it had elements from Dre's "Zoom".

-"Ya'll Gone Miss Me" -  A great track to close out the Last Meal album

-"Go Away"-  Another hott joint from Last Meal.  Kind of a more conscious Snoop joint.  Snoop had really gotten back into a zone during that period of West Resurgence surrounding the Up In Smoke Tour

-"Balls of Steal" -  Another nice solo joint from the Eastsidaz first album.  I know he basically remade an old school hip-hop joint from the 80's on this one, shit was dope.

-"Smooth"?? feat. Nate and Techniec?  - this was an unreleased joint from the Fucc Deathrow bootleg around 98'.  It's the song where Tech says he's the "Doggfather's lil homie" and Snoop says, "Ain't that funny/ how I got lil homies now/ I remember when I was just a lil Bow Wow"

-"Change Gone Come" feat. Val Young  - This was actually supposed to be a single for a 3rd album, it was even featured in that Source cover article when Snoop was trying to get off of Death Row

I remember that it came out like late summer 00' on all the forums that pre-dated this one.  So anyone that was around then might know better than me.  Maybe Sccit remembers.  It also had the track "Ya'll Gone Miss Me" on it, the version seemed slightly different.  I just remember those were the two songs I really bumped from the leak.  Seemed like all the other tracks were throw away tracks that didn't make any albums.  

Sorry, can't tell you any more than that... just remember zoning out to those two tracks "Purple" and "Ya'll Gone Miss Me".  I was surprised when "Purple" didn't make the album but later I think I found out it had something to do with the sample used.  At the time I didn't recognize it but I think it's the same sample as Dre used in "Zoom".  Then for the chorus it was like this dope guitar riff, where they stripped the beat of pretty much everything but the guitar and Snoop rapped "Your the only thing that I love... The one I adore... Your-the-only-thing that I love... the one I adore" then it was this ill transition back into Snoop's next 16...

...damn those were the days, my first year after high school graduation living on my own, I'd clean my whole apartment up and then enjoy a cigar and bump those two joints looking my window
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:30:11 AM by ابرهم عبدالصمد »

Okka

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2014, 07:00:11 AM »

-"Still A G Thang"  - I loved this song from the moment it came out.  Meach produced the one bright spot on an otherwise garbage album prod. by Beats by the Pound

-"Buck Um" - This song was sensational.  Right away when you heard it open up the Top Dogg album you knew Snoop had finally returned to old form

-"Purple" -rare version hard to find.  This was on a bootleg of what became Tha Last Meal.  Seemed like it had elements from Dre's "Zoom".

-"Ya'll Gone Miss Me" -  A great track to close out the Last Meal album

-"Go Away"-  Another hott joint from Last Meal.  Kind of a more conscious Snoop joint.  Snoop had really gotten back into a zone during that period of West Resurgence surrounding the Up In Smoke Tour

-"Balls of Steal" -  Another nice solo joint from the Eastsidaz first album.  I know he basically remade an old school hip-hop joint from the 80's on this one, shit was dope.

-"Smooth"?? feat. Nate and Techniec?  - this was an unreleased joint from the Fucc Deathrow bootleg around 98'.  It's the song where Tech says he's the "Doggfather's lil homie" and Snoop says, "Ain't that funny/ how I got lil homies now/ I remember when I was just a lil Bow Wow"

-"Change Gone Come" feat. Val Young  - This was actually supposed to be a single for a 3rd album, it was even featured in that Source cover article when Snoop was trying to get off of Death Row

I remember that it came out like late summer 00' on all the forums that pre-dated this one.  So anyone that was around then might know better than me.  Maybe Sccit remembers.  It also had the track "Ya'll Gone Miss Me" on it, the version seemed slightly different.  I just remember those were the two songs I really bumped from the leak.  Seemed like all the other tracks were throw away tracks that didn't make any albums.  

Sorry, can't tell you any more than that... just remember zoning out to those two tracks "Purple" and "Ya'll Gone Miss Me".  I was surprised when "Purple" didn't make the album but later I think I found out it had something to do with the sample used.  At the time I didn't recognize it but I think it's the same sample as Dre used in "Zoom". Then for the chorus it was like this dope guitar riff, where they stripped the beat of pretty much everything but the guitar and Snoop rapped "Your the only thing that I love... The one I adore... Your-the-only-thing that I love... the one I adore" then it was this ill transition back into Snoop's next 16...

...damn those were the days, my first year after high school graduation living on my own, I'd clean my whole apartment up and then enjoy a cigar and bump those two joints looking my window

That's not "Purple". That's "Sunshine" aka "You I Adore" and it was produced by Dre. If i remember right one of Hittman's unreleased songs had the same sample on it. "Purple" is a different song, it features Mr. Malik aka Lil' Hershey Loc and Lady V, you can check it out from Youtube if you haven't heard it.

WestSideDon

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2014, 07:09:14 AM »
Came in to post the exact same thing @Okka
I also got that song "Purple" with Lil Malik & Lady V, also a very dope song by the way.
It's You I Adore/Sunshine is also known as "Luv You" on the Advance Version of "Tha Last Meal".
Didn't know it was produced by Dr. Dre though, thats pretty cool. Dope Beat.
But it would still be cool to know something about that TLM Bootleg @ابرهم عبدالصمد if you could ask scitt about it that would be dope.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 07:12:24 AM by WestSideDon »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2014, 07:10:24 AM »

That's not "Purple". That's "Sunshine" aka "You I Adore" and it was produced by Dre. If i remember right one of Hittman's unreleased songs had the same sample on it. "Purple" is a different song, it features Mr. Malik aka Lil' Hershey Loc and Lady V, you can check it out from Youtube if you haven't heard it.

I know the "Purple" that is on youtube is different... but back in 00' when I had this bootleg the joint I'm referring to was called "Purple".  So I don't know homie.. I mean certainly you got it straightened out now, but I'm just going off what I remember from back in the day

...yeah, just checked youtube and today it's under "You I Adore" (Sunshine) on youtube... as some Detox leak.  Interesting
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 07:12:38 AM by ابرهم عبدالصمد »

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2014, 03:16:27 PM »

I know the "Purple" that is on youtube is different... but back in 00' when I had this bootleg the joint I'm referring to was called "Purple".  So I don't know homie.. I mean certainly you got it straightened out now, but I'm just going off what I remember from back in the day

...yeah, just checked youtube and today it's under "You I Adore" (Sunshine) on youtube... as some Detox leak.  Interesting
nah, its from Dretox, a mixtape from couple of years ago

Okka

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2014, 12:29:25 AM »

nah, its from Dretox, a mixtape from couple of years ago

"Sunshine" leaked ages ago, that mixtape isn't even official.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2014, 03:12:45 AM »

gin n juice 2

etc.

lol @"Gin and Juice 2" that was like the lowest point of Snoop's career.  That song was trash and an insult to the work Dre put in on the O.G. version that made Snoop the Michael Jordan of rap in 93-94
Personally i think the song is dope as hell and if it weren't called "gin n juice 2" iam sure it would get alot of love. But if you expected it to sound like a doggy style left over then no wonder you would feel that way.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2014, 12:47:59 PM »

gin n juice 2

etc.

Personally i think the song is dope as hell and if it weren't called "gin n juice 2" iam sure it would get alot of love. But if you expected it to sound like a doggy style left over then no wonder you would feel that way.

sorry pedophile man but i'm gonna have to agree with white muslim on this one