Author Topic: Worst track on All Eyez On Me? ...the Bay Area joint for me...  (Read 1702 times)

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
Re: Worst track on All Eyez On Me? ...the Bay Area joint for me...
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 12:47:48 AM »
Fuck you talking bout worst track?! You niggas is punks becus all eyes on me is the goat nigga.

I was raised by thugs, schooled by killers
Learned my mathematics skills from real drug dealers

PUT SLUGS IN THEM R&B THUGS

FUCK soowoop CLICK CLACK BAAAANG

dnjp4life

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 02:57:35 AM »
'Rather Be Ya N.I.G.G.A' is probably my least favourite but I still listen to it when I jam the album.  I've never really really liked 'Holla At Me' as much as I do other songs on All Eyez, but I think it's probably more to do with the mixing than the actual song - it's quite loud and severe when listening on CD, and doesn't entirely fit in with the vibe created by the songs that surround it.
But like others have said, it's pretty much the greatest rap album of all time and so even the weaker songs on what is a double disc are still above average.

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »
'Rather Be Ya N.I.G.G.A' is probably my least favourite but I still listen to it when I jam the album.  I've never really really liked 'Holla At Me' as much as I do other songs on All Eyez

those are both good songs too but "Ain't Hard 2 Find" is way doper than both  8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »
Holla at me was one of Pac's top 5 lyrical songs....only thing that throws me off is the female singer on the chorus starting at the beginning.  but i dig that shit now.

westside159

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 02:53:33 PM »
What's ya phone number is the worst . But it's not that bad at times . Like when drinking

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 04:07:16 PM »
To me the track had that South feel before the South even knew what it was feeling. Whats nuts is DR paid to clear that sampled and dropped this:

Offa Snoops album for sample reasons. Crazy.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 09:18:44 AM »
To me the track had that South feel before the South even knew what it was feeling. Whats nuts is DR paid to clear that sampled and dropped this:

i'm hoping you aren't referring to No More Pain because of the drums on it.

No More Pain one of my fav Pac songs.

WestSideDon

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 09:26:22 AM »

That original version of head doctor was crazy...
Still don't understand how this (along with many other great songs) could be taken off the doggfather album.
Couldve been a classic with tracks like this.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 09:41:03 AM »
WideAwake should have put that OG Head Doctor on Lost Sessions...

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 12:42:08 PM »

That original version of head doctor was crazy...
Still don't understand how this (along with many other great songs) could be taken off the doggfather album.
Couldve been a classic with tracks like this.

Yup, Doggfather redone with a lot of the tracks that were left off the album of the era could have been a spectacular follow up to his debut. I mean can you imagine a retail where Head Doctor ends and then Midnight Love kicks in? Those two back to back would have been :o

Somewhere in a parallel universe there's a Snoop that believed in himself whilst on DR and dropped two classics in a row instead of spending his time worrying about what Dre would do.

<goes in the booth and records the same verse a 1000 times then auditions 850 different snares for the intro track>

abusive

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 12:46:59 PM »
Pac did a charitable move to put his homies from the Bay on such a classic album.  That was a nice gesture to show love to where he's from... they just get exposed on an album with so many legends like daz, kurpt, dre, snoop, LA ficcaz

The only other track I skip is "What's Your Phone Number"...

Niether song is bad.. they are just the worst song on each disc... of the greatest album of all time... its like the Georgee Carlin bit about "the worst doctor in the world"
LMAO you stupid.

I feel AEOM has got to be one of the most overrated albums in Hip Hip history. It could be cut down to one album and be great but two disk of filler is just to much. Controversy sold that album and the johhny come lately fans that jumped on the bandwagon when that album came out piss me off. It sounds just like what it is, a rushed compilation album with no real direction.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 03:24:12 PM »
disc 2 was clearly not as "classic" as disc 1 but each would hold their own as it's own release

WestSideDon

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 04:37:50 AM »
The whole album cut down to one disc with 14,15 or maybe 16 songs and it would be a flawless album.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 07:56:52 AM »
The whole album cut down to one disc with 14,15 or maybe 16 songs and it would be a flawless album.
disc 2 was clearly not as "classic" as disc 1 but each would hold their own as it's own release

all true but no doubt it was the best of the double albums released during the 90's

WestSideDon

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 08:27:06 AM »

all true but no doubt it was the best of the double albums released during the 90's

It definetely was