Poll

who is the better rapper

Kurupt
15 (39.5%)
Nas
23 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Kurupt or Nas?  (Read 3062 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: Kurupt or Nas?
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »
Tbh Kurupt is my favorite rapper but he isnt seeing Nas consistency or accomplishments in the game

westside159

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2014, 03:35:57 PM »
Kurupt has better songs and better beats on his albums , Nas is a great rapper and has deep lyrics with deep poetry but about 60 to 70 percent of his beats and music is boring . Nas loses points for having weak beats and bad production on some of his albums .

If we are talking about just by pure rapping skills then i would say Nas , if we are talking about albums and all around good songs i would say Kurupt ... """ Dogg Food , Kuruption The westcoast side , Space boogie , Tha Streetz iz a Mutha '''  I liked all those albums .

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2014, 03:44:37 PM »
sad that kurupt waited til his prime was done before dropping a solo LP

imagine Dogg Food with more Kurupt and less Daz on the mic but still Daz involved on beats

Remedy360

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2014, 05:54:21 PM »
yeah i have, it aint really stuck in my mind

Give it another shot dude. Amazing album

Life Is Good was solid too, I don't personally know anybody that didn't feel that album

Yeah, I thought Life Is Good was great. And people saying that Nas fell off in the mid-late 200's- what about the "radical pterdoactyl dinosaur fuck a bitch" Kurupt we got? Just the fact alone that dude didn't even release an album when he was in his prime says it all for me. I love Kurupt but as far as solo albums it's not even close.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2014, 06:03:16 PM »
People must have forgot the actual question to this thread.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Blood$

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2014, 10:15:51 PM »

Life Is Good was solid too, I don't personally know anybody that didn't feel that album

Yeah, I thought Life Is Good was great. And people saying that Nas fell off in the mid-late 200's- what about the "radical pterdoactyl dinosaur fuck a bitch" Kurupt we got? Just the fact alone that dude didn't even release an album when he was in his prime says it all for me. I love Kurupt but as far as solo albums it's not even close.

on point

Don Seer

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2014, 07:07:11 AM »
Tbh Kurupt is my favorite rapper but he isnt seeing Nas consistency or accomplishments in the game

yeah its like that.. kurupt has a good ear for beats, lack of that alone can break an MC... however he's done some shit like "It's Over"

illmatic puts nas on top though

ILoveQSeven

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2014, 09:27:35 AM »
I used to love Nas for long years since i first heard him, he was very influential in my life after 2Pac, but then came Kurupt and brought some fire.
Nas very point is his poetry but he's only NYer, while Kurupt's point is that he can do East Coast not only West - he's wider in that case. Just like Game said: west coast rapper with NY state of mind.

westside159

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2014, 09:54:54 AM »

Hold up so your saying Kurupt's album's Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha and Space Boogie were not good albums ?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:56:32 AM by westside159 »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2014, 02:24:07 AM »
Kurupt's first 10 years... hands down.

But Nas has been more consistent thorugh the years. I like Kurupt better though.

They are both inconsistent, just inconsistent in different ways.  Like for Kurupt he went from being flawless in the mid-90's, then lost a step but still dope from 97-2001, to totally falling off the face of the fuccing Earth...

...Nas on the other hand, started with a classic, then laid bricks until the Jay-Z beef and his mom dying produced classics with Stillmatic and God's Son, only to fall off again, then come back again strong with Hip-Hop Is Dead and Distant Relatives.... only to lose his footing again with his new album...  (not to mention he has loads of classic unreleased tracks like "Amongst Kings" and "Darkness" and Lost Tapes and other scattered leaks, etc...

Point is, for Kurupt it went from bad to worst, while for Nas he has bounced back and forth throughout his career with classics and bricks.

VOTED FOR NAS
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 02:28:49 AM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2014 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

WestSideDon

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2014, 05:44:41 AM »
I absolutely loved Kurupt when he was in his prime, he used to kill EVERY DAMN track or feature he did, after that he kinda fell off but was still strong, "Tha Streetz" was a very nice album. "Space Boogie" was a bit of a mess but still a couple dope tracks. But after that he fell off even more and nowdays he is completely unlistenable (a few dope tracks scattered through his discography of the last years here and there, but thats not helping much) and that has been the case for years now. He basically fell off from one of the dopest rappers EVER to complete shit.
Nas on the other hand may had some little lowpoints here and there and a crap ass album, but he's never fallen off as bad as kurupt. You can actually still expect a dope verse from him. So my vote goes to Nas. Kurupt in his prime was better than Nas, but after that and the time were he was still relatively dope he fell off hard as hell.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2014, 10:20:16 AM »
The thing with Kurupt is that he still has massive potential. If Dr. Dre does ever drop another album, you can bet money on Kurupt stepping up his game for it (don't get me wrong, some of his verses on 2001 were terrible but I always look at 'Xxplosive' as a freestyle verse). Kurupt needs Dre to make him take his time and make his verses perfect like he made him do from '92 - '95.

Sccit

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2014, 09:57:02 AM »
nas the better overall solo artist and a far more consistent lyricist, but i'd rather bump some prime kurupt

Will_B

« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »
but i'd rather bump some prime kurupt

That's 11 or so tracks vs 11 or so albums from Nas

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2014, 01:39:23 PM »
but i'd rather bump some prime kurupt

That's 11 or so tracks vs 11 or so albums from Nas

prime kurupt is anything he did during his first run with death row...much more than 11 tracks