Author Topic: NFL Wildcard Weekend thread  (Read 214 times)

Hack Wilson - real

NFL Wildcard Weekend thread
« on: December 31, 2014, 07:34:02 PM »
who you guys got?

Dallas over Detroit 38-21
Carolina over Arizona 21-13
Bengals over Colts 24-21   (changed my mind on this one)
Steelers over Ravens 27-17

i don't wanna see Dallas win of course but i think they will role.

Hack Wilson - real

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend thread
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:00:14 PM »
going to go with the Colts now that AJ Green is out for the game

Colts win 28-17

Remedy360

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 06:37:29 PM »
Lol @ Ryan Lindley. I feel like they coulda gotten someone better off the streets than a guy who set a record for most passes without a TD. As far as the results I agree with you but I probably sitill woulda taken Indy with AJ Green.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 09:02:04 PM »
Lol @ Ryan Lindley. I feel like they coulda gotten someone better off the streets than a guy who set a record for most passes without a TD. As far as the results I agree with you but I probably sitill woulda taken Indy with AJ Green.

It's really they're own fault. Ryan Lindley is a proven practice squad guy. I actually feel bad for him, because he had no business starting for an NFL team. As far as I'm concerned Bruce Arians lost his coach of the year by continuing to start him to end the season. The second Carson got hurt they should have went out and gotten a veteran that has played with Arians before and gotten him ready to play behind Stanton. Stanton was you back up all year and he should be the best guy to step in and play, but Lindley was actually the 4th string QB who only beat out the 3rd string QB because the 3rd string guy was a rookie.

The monday following the Palmer injury I would have brought in Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich, and Dennis Dixon and picked the best of the 3 to back up Stanton. And when Stanton went down they may have made a real difference in one of the two Seattle losses, and they certainly would have today. Dixon was actually brought in early in the season for the practice squad but cut. Maybe he really fell off, but I can't imagine him being worse than Lindley.

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 02:08:58 AM »

It's really they're own fault. Ryan Lindley is a proven practice squad guy. I actually feel bad for him, because he had no business starting for an NFL team. As far as I'm concerned Bruce Arians lost his coach of the year by continuing to start him to end the season. The second Carson got hurt they should have went out and gotten a veteran that has played with Arians before and gotten him ready to play behind Stanton. Stanton was you back up all year and he should be the best guy to step in and play, but Lindley was actually the 4th string QB who only beat out the 3rd string QB because the 3rd string guy was a rookie.

The monday following the Palmer injury I would have brought in Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich, and Dennis Dixon and picked the best of the 3 to back up Stanton. And when Stanton went down they may have made a real difference in one of the two Seattle losses, and they certainly would have today. Dixon was actually brought in early in the season for the practice squad but cut. Maybe he really fell off, but I can't imagine him being worse than Lindley.

Agreed on the Arians being coach of the year thing. Hell, even Terrell Pryor would have been a MUCH better choice than Lindley. The guy has won games in the NFL, is a major threat as far as mobility, and it's not like he could be a much worse passer than Lindley. The whole Arians being the consensus coach of the year thing is baffling to me, people want to give him credit based on the whole QB thing, but the team has shit themselves since that situation fell apart.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 10:17:42 AM »
arizona gets no love because Tim Tebow is out there and they didn't go with him  :laugh:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 08:05:18 PM »

Agreed on the Arians being coach of the year thing. Hell, even Terrell Pryor would have been a MUCH better choice than Lindley. The guy has won games in the NFL, is a major threat as far as mobility, and it's not like he could be a much worse passer than Lindley. The whole Arians being the consensus coach of the year thing is baffling to me, people want to give him credit based on the whole QB thing, but the team has shit themselves since that situation fell apart.

I'd still be willing to give him Coach of the Year had he not been so stubborn with Lindley. The guy is simply not an NFL QB, and he showed it week after week. I understand not bringing in just anybody because they can't grasp the system in time but there were guys available that had worked in Arians system before and they were all better than Lindley. Hell, even Tim Couch or a 41 Kelly Holcomb would have been better than allowing Lindley to stay in there.

And I don't mean to bash Lindley. I remember seeing his face after that pick to Kuechly right after the fumble recovery. The guy was clearly giving it his all and really wanted to succeed. It killed him that he was letting the team down.

I can't fully blame Arians though, because maybe it was the GMs call as to who was brought in after the Palmer injury and Arians just had to pick between Lindley and Thomas when Stanton went down.