Author Topic: NFL is a joke now  (Read 430 times)

Hack Wilson - real

NFL is a joke now
« on: January 04, 2015, 08:01:44 PM »
the PI flag gets picked up like an hour after it was thrown AND there was no penalty for Dez running ont the field???

if Dallas somehow ends up winning the superbowl after this I'm done with the NFL and focusing all my time on college football, NBA and MLB.  and NCAAB every march.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: NFL is a joke now
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 08:10:21 PM »
If they play like they did today, don't worry, they'll never beat Green Bay. I'm dumbfounded as to why they went with out a fullback on so many of those runs. I've watched them all year. Whether it was Clutts or using Hannah in the role, it was a key part of Murray's success this year, and huge reason tey beat Seattle in Seattle. And thew few times they did use one in this game it worked.

Remedy360

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 08:25:46 PM »
They won't get past Seattle. Give 'em credit for beating us out here but we weren't close to the team that we are now.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 10:57:58 AM »
It always was

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 12:01:27 PM »
i been saying this for years now. i rarely follow the NFL now a days. i used to follow it heavy until i noticed how soft its been getting and definitely hasnt been the same. the golden days are long gone.

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »
the PI flag gets picked up like an hour after it was thrown AND there was no penalty for Dez running ont the field???

if Dallas somehow ends up winning the superbowl after this I'm done with the NFL and focusing all my time on college football, NBA and MLB.  and NCAAB every march.

As far as the flag call that was horrible, but if the NFL was rigging the game so that Dallas would win then why on Earth would they have reversed the decision on Suh's suspension and let him play? Nobody saw that coming.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 02:12:29 PM »
remember Remedy, Goodell is like a neutered puppy now when it comes to punishing players.  Maybe Ted Cotrell didn't wanna let a fellow brother down so he reversed that shit.  Maybe Cotrell hates the Cowboys.  Who knows, gotta ask him.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 02:15:32 PM »
remember Remedy, Goodell is like a neutered puppy now when it comes to punishing players.  

Agreed, but the punishment had already been handed down, and the general public that wasn't Lions fans seemed to be fine with it since everyone knows Suh is dirty as fuck. They didn't have to reverse it.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 11:42:41 AM »
i guess theres a reason i never followed it closely (outside of there not bein a team in LA)

Remedy360

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 05:02:50 PM »
i guess theres a reason i never followed it closely (outside of there not bein a team in LA)

And the NBA has never had officiating issues?  :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 05:18:57 PM »

its not bad enough to where it's dubbed the "no fun league"...i mean, when they banned touchdown celebrations, thats when i knew they were trippin balls.

Remedy360

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 11:53:25 PM »

its not bad enough to where it's dubbed the "no fun league"...i mean, when they banned touchdown celebrations, thats when i knew they were trippin balls.

Lol they never banned TD celebrations, just certain things. Not that I'm really down with it, but it doesn't take that much away from the game. In the NBA you can get T'd up pretty easily for taunting too. I don't like that they're more likely to throw flags these days in general either, but again, the NBA officating has gotten more soft from that standpoint too.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 12:37:55 AM »

And the NBA has never had officiating issues?  :laugh:

Lol they never banned TD celebrations, just certain things. Not that I'm really down with it, but it doesn't take that much away from the game. In the NBA you can get T'd up pretty easily for taunting too. I don't like that they're more likely to throw flags these days in general either, but again, the NBA officating has gotten more soft from that standpoint too.

outlawed are:

sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; spinning the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation); or dancing.

come on, my dude...i know the nba can be bad, but the nfl is another level of bad.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 12:39:13 AM »

Remedy360

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 08:59:56 PM »

And the NBA has never had officiating issues?  :laugh:

outlawed are:

sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; spinning the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation); or dancing.

come on, my dude...i know the nba can be bad, but the nfl is another level of bad.

Yeah, like I said I think those rules suck, but it doesn't take all that much away from the entertainment of the actual game. But I get not following it much based on not growing up with a team in LA.