Author Topic: Patriots/Seahawks Superbowl Thread.  (Read 1387 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Patriots/Seahawks Superbowl Thread.
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2015, 07:40:48 AM »
So you think it's flat out scripted, yet talk about Peyton Manning like he's carving up defenses on his own?

I've heralded Peyton's ball placement, something you cant script. Its like scripting a Shawn Michaels match and subbing Hogan in for Shawn. The match changes.

Peyton's wins and losses could very well be part of the show though. If someone told me Grossman was in on the fix I'd have no problem accepting that.

I'm not a hypocrite. I'll never try to have my cake and eat it too.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2015, 11:29:29 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm all in on Vegas making their nut. But there's no way players & coaches are in on that & it's not scripted.

Like in the NBA, if there is an Over/Under that Vegas wans to go under, the referees will call the call the game a specific way to reduce scoring if they can; no doubt in my mind about that. Or you'll see some shady ass shit when the spread of a game is 7.5 & the dog is down 12 with a minute to go.

But there's no way in the world some guy is telling a James Harden, "hey bud, you need to chill out tonight, miss some shots, we need the game under 204" or "you need to lose".

Me & my friends did use to joke though that LeBron was in on it & got a cut from Vegas when the money was overwhelmingly on him & he rolled over lmao.

Sccit

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2015, 12:49:46 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm all in on Vegas making their nut. But there's no way players & coaches are in on that & it's not scripted.

Like in the NBA, if there is an Over/Under that Vegas wans to go under, the referees will call the call the game a specific way to reduce scoring if they can; no doubt in my mind about that. Or you'll see some shady ass shit when the spread of a game is 7.5 & the dog is down 12 with a minute to go.

But there's no way in the world some guy is telling a James Harden, "hey bud, you need to chill out tonight, miss some shots, we need the game under 204" or "you need to lose".

Me & my friends did use to joke though that LeBron was in on it & got a cut from Vegas when the money was overwhelmingly on him & he rolled over lmao.

PLAYERS CAN JUST AS EASILY BE IN ON A FIX...IT'S NOT SOMETHING NEW

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2015, 02:55:41 PM »
No way would the league trust a kid to keep a secret that would destroy trillion dollar industries.

Players in the NBA can't get fouled without overreacting.

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2015, 02:56:37 PM »
No way would the league trust a kid to keep a secret that would destroy trillion dollar industries.

Players in the NBA can't get fouled without overreacting.

IT DOESNT NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE THE LEAGUE IMPOSING THESE FIXES...DONT U KNOW HOW THESE THINGS WORK?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2015, 03:32:27 PM »

Do I whole heartedly believe that this last game was a fix? No. But it really looked like one to me.

Do I think a fix means a full out scripted game? No. I think it would be way too hard to keep that stuff hush hush, especially in the modern cell phone camera world. A coach telling his players we are throwing the game, or the league telling players as they enter the league that it isn't real but keep you mouth shut, seems way too impossible to go with out a lot of people coming forward.

Secrets like that can only be known by a few. The only players that may be few enough that have a shot at holding on to this kind of secret are the QBs, but even then I'm not outright saying they are all in on it.

And its a lot harder to do it these days because of two major factors; the size of the current media which I mentioned, and the salaries of the players. Telling a QB in the 60s to throw a game can be done with a very little money and completely change his life. If Earl Morral gets paid in the thousands and you offer him 2 mil, he goes from having to think about how he is going to provide for his family after football, to never having to think about it. Where as today most starting QBs never have to think about it regardless.

The other way is threats, but you'd think that would have come out somewhere over the years too.

But the league, the Refs, and the coaches can easily all be in on it. Most HCs and OCs, DCs want a life long job and need to remain in the graces of the owners. And the owners are a tight knit group of dirty crooks at the very top of a very evil food chain.

I don't know the reason why they would fix a game this day and age. It could be as simple as all the owners and interested parties betting one way against the public and taking it to the bank. It could be as complicated as social engineering.

I do believe for a fact that the league changes its rules to help the pocket passing QB for the sole reason that the pocket passing QB is the the last great white athlete in American sports. And it seems odd to me that the last two black scrambling QBs to end Superbowls ended them by being given pass plays, when they could have ran it in themselves. Do I think for sure that the league fixed it to let the people think the young athletic black guy isn't smart enough to play QB? No, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Tom Brady is the guy the NFL wants to herald the most, much more than Peyton because Brady can be sold to a large crowd that isn't a huge fan of Football. Peyton has a much more hunky dory image.

So if the league was fixed and I was running it and wanted to make Brady the biggest name in the biz, I would allow the Hawks to juice up and kill the Broncos only have a steroid tested injured Hawks get beat the next year. But all that would have meant the onside kick was a fix in the Green Bay game. I'm not sure it was.

Who, knows. But I do think Carroll threw game with that call. I'm just not 100% certain of it, like I am of Liston taking the dive against Ali.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2015, 04:34:52 PM »
The only conspiracy I believe about the play call is that Carroll wanted to make Russell the hero by throwing the game winning pass. Because he's an average QB with arguably the greatest supporting cast a guy can have & they want to make him out to be some top 10 QB.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2015, 07:21:33 PM »
The only conspiracy I believe about the play call is that Carroll wanted to make Russell the hero by throwing the game winning pass. Because he's an average QB with arguably the greatest supporting cast a guy can have & they want to make him out to be some top 10 QB.

Thats actually the one I can't believe in because of the calibre of the playcall. It was designed to fail. Wilson was lucky it got through the d-line. You can throw up the middle in the endzone from the one but you have to take the safety out of the play first and lob it over the line. Any dart pass is playing with fire.

If he wanted to make Russel a star they could have ran Lynch from the spot he was in back to the other side to draw at least one corner and DE to the right and Russel may have ran it up the gut himself like a wildcat play, or if Lockette was wide open just dart it to him if Ninkovich is out of the way chasing Lynch. And if no one chases Lynch then its an easy lob pass to him for the win.

its not that it was such a bad play in hindsight. Its that it was such a bad play in the moment. The second I saw Russel drop back I started laughing. I'm not that smart. Everyone on the field should have known the secnd they heard the call.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2015, 02:45:04 PM »
LOL.... ;D ;D.  When did my ficca Shall-dawg become so funny, lol@it bein a fix

Easily the most painful loss I've ever sat through. Obviously nothing like losing the Sonics, but it doesn't get much worse than that.

In ALL SERIOUSNESS. The fix was in. Carroll and Quinn went out of their way to align the defense in a way that would allow New England to move the ball. And that last play was a plain and simple set up. I don't know if Wilson was in on it. He wouldn't have to be per se. It wasn't as bad as Earl Morall being in on the fix in SB 3. You just need to practice that play a lot and make sure Russell is coached to go for the throw regardless.

As to why Carroll and Bevel would call that play. I'm torn between the straight firward fix, or the lets make it obvious fix; like when Roberto Duran walked out of the ring against Leonard. ts ridiculous to hear sports commentaters spin it now. They make it seem like Duran was so ill prepared for Leonard and so frustrated at his technique that he just quit out of the fact that he knew he was done. Yet, when it happened it was clear to most credible boxing newsletters that Duran was just walking out of a dive he was told to take and made it obvious to the crowd that a fix was in.

These things really do happen in sports, yet people only believe the ones that were caught, tried and convicted. Its like thinking that the only athletes on steroids are the ones that have been caught, and the rest weren't.

Just don't beat yourself up over something that was predetermined.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2015, 10:42:01 AM »
LOL.... ;D ;D.  When did my ficca Shall-dawg become so funny, lol@it bein a fix

Easily the most painful loss I've ever sat through. Obviously nothing like losing the Sonics, but it doesn't get much worse than that.

In ALL SERIOUSNESS. The fix was in. Carroll and Quinn went out of their way to align the defense in a way that would allow New England to move the ball. And that last play was a plain and simple set up. I don't know if Wilson was in on it. He wouldn't have to be per se. It wasn't as bad as Earl Morall being in on the fix in SB 3. You just need to practice that play a lot and make sure Russell is coached to go for the throw regardless.

As to why Carroll and Bevel would call that play. I'm torn between the straight firward fix, or the lets make it obvious fix; like when Roberto Duran walked out of the ring against Leonard. ts ridiculous to hear sports commentaters spin it now. They make it seem like Duran was so ill prepared for Leonard and so frustrated at his technique that he just quit out of the fact that he knew he was done. Yet, when it happened it was clear to most credible boxing newsletters that Duran was just walking out of a dive he was told to take and made it obvious to the crowd that a fix was in.

These things really do happen in sports, yet people only believe the ones that were caught, tried and convicted. Its like thinking that the only athletes on steroids are the ones that have been caught, and the rest weren't.

Just don't beat yourself up over something that was predetermined.

I've been calling sporting events fixed for years. Look at any of my posts in World Cup threads. I even called the tuck rule game and the SB that year fixed, and this was when I was still rooting for Brady.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2015, 03:27:37 PM »
#1 all-time.

Damn, we just watched MJ.

Michael Jackson was an icon. The king of choreographed entertainment. Brady is a close second. With Britney Spears a 3rd./

real talk