Author Topic: Best West Coast Rap Albums Every Year From 1984-2014  (Read 1297 times)

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Best West Coast Rap Albums Every Year From 1984-2014
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 10:57:35 AM »
Oh my god..... The D.O.C isn't even from The West, he's from Dallas muthafuckin Texas smh.  Born and raised from wat I've gathered. 

Ice T isn't even from The West, he's from New Jersey...... wtf!?

kurupt, lady of rage, 2pac, outlawz, xzibit, nate dogg etc etc "arent from the west"......we tryna use technicalities here? thats where they made their music and thats what they repped. "no one can do it better" was considered a landmark for west coast rap.

born: dallas, texas...origin: los angeles, california...classifies as a west coast emcee.

thats all u got to add tho?

So becuz they were with Death Row (Kurupt, Rage, Pac, Tha Outlawz) they're automatically West Coast? Foh

Becuz noone ever Checked Kurupt we're automatically supposed to give him a pass for that.  I mean I love Kurupt and I'm not backtracking or kissing ass here but Facts are Facts.  And I understand what they mean by soaking up the game (growing up) there but where you're raised and born is where you're raised and born.  You don't get to change that becuz you want to fit in.

You'll NEVER hear me say I'm from D.C. EVER, in real life or the internet.  But I can literally walk to Southeast from my crib and I've always pretty much lived in the DMV area my whole life.  I REPEAT, YOU'LL NEVER HEAR ME CLAIM THAT CITY.  I don't even like D.C. like that.  It's boring and full of Dry & Bougie Snitchin Ass Niggaz.  Don't let Cam'Ron, Jay-Z, and Quavo fool you people....  STAMP ON MY MUTHAFUCKIN LIFE

The Doc and Xzibit already told their life story.  Both came to California later on in life.  Kurupt doesn't get to dismiss literally most of his adolescence becuz he was Bangin and more than likely was forced to claim Westside.  All up until recently Kurupt claimed South Central, now we're just figuring out he's from Hawthorne and didn't even move to SC until he turned 18.... where they do that at?!  Seriously, where?

Nate Dogg is Bi-Coastal as well, as is Pac.  And as far as we know Rage & Tha Outlawz never claimed Westside, even if Tha Outlawz made minute references here & there.

Pac claiming Westside had a whole different kinda theory behind it, in his own words

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 11:00:08 AM »
Y'all might as well say that "ameriKKKa'z most wanted" is an East Coast album.  You might as well label 50 Cent a West Coast artist for that matter

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 11:00:12 AM »
radiotube is from washington dc?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 11:01:32 AM »

U funny as shit.  I ain't from that queer ass city.  You won't get me to lyin

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 11:05:07 AM »
Oh my god..... The D.O.C isn't even from The West, he's from Dallas muthafuckin Texas smh.  Born and raised from wat I've gathered. 

kurupt, lady of rage, 2pac, outlawz, xzibit, nate dogg etc etc "arent from the west"......we tryna use technicalities here? thats where they made their music and thats what they repped. "no one can do it better" was considered a landmark for west coast rap.

born: dallas, texas...origin: los angeles, california...classifies as a west coast emcee.

So becuz they were with Death Row (Kurupt, Rage, Pac, Tha Outlawz) they're automatically West Coast? Foh

Becuz noone ever Checked Kurupt we're automatically supposed to give him a pass for that.  I mean I love Kurupt and I'm not backtracking or kissing ass here but Facts are Facts.  And I understand what they mean by soaking up the game (growing up) there but where you're raised and born is where you're raised and born.  You don't get to change that becuz you want to fit in.

You'll NEVER hear me say I'm from D.C. EVER, in real life or the internet.  But I can literally walk to Southeast from my crib and I've always pretty much lived in the DMV area my whole life.  I REPEAT, YOU'LL NEVER HEAR ME CLAIM THAT CITY.  I don't even like D.C. like that.  It's boring and full of Dry & Bougie Snitchin Ass Niggaz.  Don't let Cam'Ron, Jay-Z, and Quavo fool you people....  STAMP ON MY MUTHAFUCKIN LIFE

The Doc and Xzibit already told their life story.  Both came to California later on in life.  Kurupt doesn't get to dismiss literally most of his adolescence becuz he was Bangin and more than likely was forced to claim Westside.  All up until recently Kurupt claimed South Central, now we're just figuring out he's from Hawthorne and didn't even move to SC until he turned 18.... where they do that at?!  Seriously, where?

Nate Dogg is Bi-Coastal as well, as is Pac.  And as far as we know Rage & Tha Outlawz never claimed Westside, even if Tha Outlawz made minute references here & there.

Pac claiming Westside had a whole different kinda theory behind it, in his own words

residing out west and repping the west classifies you as a west coast emcee. or bi-coastal, at the very least. goes for both rage and the outlawz too....killa tay is from los angeles, but u ask him and he'll tell you, he's a bay artist 100. even master p was a west coast emcee before he moved back south. where u reside when u make your music and the company you keep around u is a big part of regional sound.

50 Cent didnt come to live out here on his own terms to make music and get his shit right. he was already puttin out albums when he got discovered by dre ala eminem and remained an east coast figure. completely different case.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:08:19 AM by Sccit »

S.J

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 11:06:26 AM »
I see yall sleeping on game..

The red album wasnt great.. but be honest.. from 2011 its still the album u listen'd to the most of the west.. the city was classic.

it's a solid album I think, strong cuts and all but poor replay value as Game was already past his prime and it got boring pretty quickly.

Below the Heavens was much doper, IMO.

Below the Heavens is from 2007 though
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

bouli77

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 11:08:26 AM »
thanks for the correction, dunno why i had 2K11 in mind. so it's my favorite 2k7 album (before Husalah). in 2011, I'd have to say Revenue Retrievin' Graveyard Shift 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 11:11:58 AM »

Becuz noone ever Checked Kurupt we're automatically supposed to give him a pass for that.  I mean I love Kurupt and I'm not backtracking or kissing ass here but Facts are Facts.  And I understand what they mean by soaking up the game (growing up) there but where you're raised and born is where you're raised and born.  You don't get to change that becuz you want to fit in.

You'll NEVER hear me say I'm from D.C. EVER, in real life or the internet.  But I can literally walk to Southeast from my crib and I've always pretty much lived in the DMV area my whole life.  I REPEAT, YOU'LL NEVER HEAR ME CLAIM THAT CITY.  I don't even like D.C. like that.  It's boring and full of Dry & Bougie Snitchin Ass Niggaz.  Don't let Cam'Ron, Jay-Z, and Quavo fool you people....  STAMP ON MY MUTHAFUCKIN LIFE

The Doc and Xzibit already told their life story.  Both came to California later on in life.  Kurupt doesn't get to dismiss literally most of his adolescence becuz he was Bangin and more than likely was forced to claim Westside.  All up until recently Kurupt claimed South Central, now we're just figuring out he's from Hawthorne and didn't even move to SC until he turned 18.... where they do that at?!  Seriously, where?

Nate Dogg is Bi-Coastal as well, as is Pac.  And as far as we know Rage & Tha Outlawz never claimed Westside, even if Tha Outlawz made minute references here & there.

residing out west and repping the west classifies you as a west coast emcee. or bi-coastal, at the very least. goes for both rage and the outlawz too....killa tay is from los angeles, but u ask him and he'll tell you, he's a bay artist 100. even master p was a west coast emcee before he moved back south. where u reside when u make your music and the company you keep around u is a big part of regional sound.

50 Cent didnt come to live out here on his own terms to make music and get his shit right. he was already puttin out albums when he got discovered by dre ala eminem and remained an east coast figure. completely different case.

That doesn't even make any sense.  Shut up.  Please

especially your 50 Cent rebuttal

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 11:12:47 AM »

U funny as shit.  I ain't from that queer ass city.  You won't get me to lyin

where you from then?

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2015, 11:13:47 AM »

That doesn't even make any sense.  Shut up.  Please

especially your 50 Cent rebuttal

how does that not make sense? maybe u should try harder to make sense of it......

where u reside and the company u keep around u when ur making ur music has a lot to do with regional sound

50 cent was still in new york and g-unit was a buncha east coast emcees

it's not rocket science

TidyKris

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2015, 11:16:41 AM »
1994 has to be Warren G  - Regulate...G-Funk Era.

Nothing beat that album in 1994...on any coast!

my list was off top, but it very easily could be...some years had a lot of classics where albums are interchangeable. especially in the mid-90s. im sure nas fans would have somethin 2 say bout that tho.

Yeah i hear you...to be fair 1994 wasa really strong year for Hip Hop albums.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 11:24:29 AM »
Sccit You're trying to pick and choose based on your own bias verses the actual facts

And 50 didn't have abuncha East Coast artists signed, in fact he dropped pretty much all of them as soon as he signed with Aftermath/Shady.  Also, most of his collaborators on his projects were either from The West or somewhere other than The East.  In fact also, I think it was set-up that way deliberately, particularly by Dr. Dre himself

And nobody ever claimed to be Bi-Coastal or anything.... at all... ever.

You're absolutely right, it isn't Rocket Science.  LA Niggaz punk Outta-Towners to get them to put on for their City....  Chris Brown for one.  Drake when it comes to Houston.  I get tha "love" part of it, I'm sure it's not all.coercion but them niggaz ain't really from there dogg.

Again, noone but God gets to pick and choose where you're from.  Anybody on some other shit is just some shit they made up in their head or forced to do..... word to tha homie Sam Sneed
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:26:10 AM by Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D »

Game-Won

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 11:29:13 AM »

I take DOC, and Ice T as West artists.. thats all they worked with from Dre to DJ aladin.

Reason why they on my list..
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 12:12:46 PM »
Sccit You're trying to pick and choose based on your own bias verses the actual facts

And 50 didn't have abuncha East Coast artists signed, in fact he dropped pretty much all of them as soon as he signed with Aftermath/Shady.  Also, most of his collaborators on his projects were either from The West or somewhere other than The East.  In fact also, I think it was set-up that way deliberately, particularly by Dr. Dre himself

And nobody ever claimed to be Bi-Coastal or anything.... at all... ever.

You're absolutely right, it isn't Rocket Science.  LA Niggaz punk Outta-Towners to get them to put on for their City....  Chris Brown for one.  Drake when it comes to Houston.  I get tha "love" part of it, I'm sure it's not all.coercion but them niggaz ain't really from there dogg.

Again, noone but God gets to pick and choose where you're from.  Anybody on some other shit is just some shit they made up in their head or forced to do..... word to tha homie Sam Sneed

I can respect that .. but U gota understand how the afromentioned rappers are considered more west coast than 50 cent. allmusic even wrote about "no one can do it better" bein a staple album in west coast rap back when it came out.. and Ice t not bein west coast? come on brodie. at the end of the day, I understand where U comin from.. but these artists in question have been labeled west coast rappers from the start....and btw, kurupt actually did call himself bicoastal .. even made an album themed around that.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2015, 12:26:14 PM »
I completely understand that.  I also completely understand that that's wrong.  That's like Charlamagne claiming New York or Ebro claiming Manhattan also.

Just because you could get away with it back in the day doesn't make it anymore right.  Kurupt did it for marketing purposes and hasn't done it or said anything remotely close in that vein ever since.  Even when he was on The Couch at 106th & Park and it was Philly vs. L.A. he went with The Lakers for the W and really didn't have any kind of hesitation behind it at all.  And let's be honest, The East Coast album of "Kuruption" is trash (no disrespect).  It was almost like he did it purposely it was so horrible compared to The West Coast album.  You mean to tell me his ear was THAT bad just after leaving a place like Death Row who were pretty much the epitome of Hip Hop Production?  Okay...?  ::)

And since when has the Jewish controlled black-based media ever had it right.  Calling The D.O.C's album a West Coast staple is a disrespect to Hip Hop, Country Rap Tunes, The South PERIOD, and Black People.  That's like saying every nigga looks and sounds alike. It's actually a form of oppression from back in the day that your mind hasn't caught up on yet..... if you wanna be honest
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 12:28:17 PM by Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D »