Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar-To Pimp A Butterfly (March 23) Updated with tracklist & features  (Read 7215 times)

Will_B

G-Funk is dead

Desert Lord

anybody said g-funk is dead?

then what the fuck are those?

wesley's theory

king kunta

these walls

hood politics

how much a dollar cost

you ain't gotta lie (momma said)

???

lol i wouldn't call it g-funk...but it's really funky

fuck these categories

free your mind and your ass will follow  8)

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
anybody said g-funk is dead?

then what the fuck are those?

wesley's theory

king kunta

these walls

hood politics

how much a dollar cost

you ain't gotta lie (momma said)

???

fuck these categories

free your mind and your ass will follow  8)

Fixed, Signed, Dated, #Stamped, Sealed, and Delivered

dameons

I'm only 23 , and I fux with new school and classic rap..this is straight garbage. K Dot has feminine ways. I'd rather listen to Skyzoo over this clown. K Dot leads the sissy-fication moveme.nt of rap. Eazy is turning in his grave .

U

smfh im 24, you dumb as fuck right now. skyzoo?? fuck outta, youve lost whatever credibility you had here pussy boy.

You Queen K Dot cock rider ...Go hop on your skateboard and listen to Pharrell U mark ass buster..Rap music has taken a wrong turn and your hero K Dot is at the steering wheel u cum dumpster.Go put on your skin tight jeans to impress your boyfriend.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:59:07 PM by dameons »

Sccit

bg-funk

havent heard it yet, but it seems overdone to me based on what im gathering...guna cop it when it hits shelves and drop an honest opinion. outside of this forum, it's bein received to much harsher criticism than GKMC.

also, @mdogg "masterpiece" and "classic" are pretty much interchangeable terms.

teletomble

Any1 Know If There's To Be A Deluxe Version? I'm Holding Off On Buying It Just In Case There's A Version With Extras.

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Any1 Know If There's To Be A Deluxe Version? I'm Holding Off On Buying It Just In Case There's A Version With Extras.

I think the extras are on some "Gz Up Hoez Down"/"Tha Next Episode" shit.  Could be wrong tho, different times

Sccit

HE ALREADY MADE AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT THERE WONT BE A DELUXE....BUT I THINK IT'S FOR THE REASON U JUST MENTIONED. CUZ HE WANTS PEEPS TO COP THIS VERSION. BEST BUY HAS A DELUXE VERSION LISTED THO, SO I BET THERE WILL BE.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
it's bein received to much harsher criticism than GKMC.

Because kids between the ages of 14-24 (for the most part & mostly white) want to hear...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EZW7et3tPuQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EZW7et3tPuQ</a> or <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JdcNoGmt7Ws" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JdcNoGmt7Ws</a>

instead of more soulful, story telling, real dope West Coast, funky cuts that is true to who he is.

Basically the idea behind the album, that he keeps repeating at the end of each song (to me anyway) is that rappers are misusing this opportunity of having a grand stage of everyone listening to them & what message they send. You got niggas with huge fanbases not being true to themselves or the hood they grew up in. In a sense, he trolled rap. Instead of giving a majority of his fans what they wanted; he knew the Hip Hop community would listen to what he dropped no matter what it was. & he used that opportunity to make the kind of music he wanted to.

I think this album will be viewed as a real masterpiece a decade or so from now. It's funny though, they aren't all classic songs, but together they all fit so perfectly to make the full 16 song album incredible. But that's so refreshing opposed to other artists dropping 15-16 song albums with 3-4-5 dope ass songs & 10 that you'll listen to a handful of times. You gotta bump this from start to finish to really feel the greatness.

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
This album is next level! :o

Been playin it non-stop, and so far I gotta say I'm enjoying it even more than GKMC.

PLANT

Listened to the album again today in its entirety (second listen) and I've gotta say, this is an incredible body of work he put together.  It's very hard to describe.  The feelings and emotions are all over the place on it.  You really have to listen to it start to finish to appreciate the album as a whole.  But definitely a one of a kind album.  Props to K Dot.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
You really have to listen to it start to finish to appreciate the album as a whole.  But definitely a one of a kind album.  Props to K Dot.

That's what I'm saying. You can't pick & choose individual songs & call them all classics. But as part of the journey he takes you on, they're mandatory.

bigpimpin20

Terrace Martin is all over that project. i think hes the main one responsible for that "jazzy feel" to it. fuck this "singles era" we livin in, album flows perfectly from beginning to end 8)

NDub

Great Sound, great work, props !
WestCoast2K.com
Classic West Coast, G-Funk, Gangsta Rap, BayArea, Mobb Music

BayOnTop.net
BayArea and WestCoast Rap