Author Topic: Is there any confirmed Dre written verse?  (Read 1746 times)

Sccit

Re: Is there any confirmed Dre written verse?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 05:16:38 PM »
i thought the letter was interesting....especially me bein a laker fan back n those days and remembering sedale threatt when he was our best player. but apparently, it's makin cats feel some typa way. i apologize if it did.
Nah bruh, not feelin a type of way or none of that. It's just what attracted me to this site was the interesting facts and good convos people had regarding the music. Don't really care for what goes down or went down in these rapper's personal relationship biz. If I wanted tabloid shit, I can go to mediatakeout. If you or other people find stuff like that interesting, kool who am I to judge? I'm just saying as far as me, I'm more concerned with the music.
On a side note, if that letter is real then that fucks over all the haters theories about Suge Knight making Dr. Dre erase a verse & put Pac on. Dre seemed genuinely excited about having 2Pac on there.

there u go, so u got somethin out of it

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2015, 06:57:32 PM »
that shit can't be real

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2015, 11:10:49 AM »
Lmao at that bullshit ass letter. Come on yall.

As for the question at hand, did Dre write on Efil4zaggin? I suspect Ren and DOC did most, but that album was Dre's best vocal performance.

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 11:15:21 AM »

CORREA

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »
smh at this thread anybody with sense would know dre didn't write shit why some many reply's to this thread
cant wait to see all the reply's to the dre just farted thread

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2015, 11:45:55 AM »

lol U didn't even read the letter .... it talks about pac bein in prison and dre scouting different locations with hype williams for a future video they're going to film once pac gets out. you can't speak on something definitively that you're ignorant to. U keep repeating the same mistake over and over brobro.

unbelievable... you must really think Dr. Dre is a prophet then.  That's amazing that he could see in the future, and knew that Pac would sign to Death Row, and would record on the track "California Love".  He really was thinking ahead to start scouting for a video shoot almost a year early

To be fair, it was rumored 'Pac was joining Death Row since 1993. Though to say they were picking out video locations is a stretch, as California Love was suppose to be a Dre solo track and saying 'Pac and Dre would have a son and video together was not exactly a sure thing.

As for writing verses,

They must've revised the credits kuz on the original cassette it had Dre as the writer of Eazier Said Than Dun

you're right

They gave credit to Ice Cube and MC Ren now for that song. Maybe it was a pay thing.

Lmao at that bullshit ass letter. Come on yall.

As for the question at hand, did Dre write on Efil4zaggin? I suspect Ren and DOC did most, but that album was Dre's best vocal performance.

I think he wrote his own verse on Real Niggaz. Also, I think he contributed to Eazy's lyrics too, but yeah the majority of that album was all DOC and MC Ren. Eazy had way more input as to what was written and Dr. Dre had a hand too. But other than that, I don't think Dr. Dre touched writing again.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »
saying 'Pac and Dre would have a son
:laugh:

Proc pka KP

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2021, 03:50:36 PM »
Well hell

Okka

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2021, 01:09:21 PM »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2021, 12:15:33 AM »
yes of course, if it is on the internet than it must be true  ::).  If you believe that then I got some fried rice to sell you.  Why would Dre put a date on the letter like that, and the date is over a year late

This kind of slander of Dre should not be allowed at the forum.

the letter is confirmed to be real ... why would people put dates on letters? gee, I wonder... and how is the date a year late? no need to speak based on assumptions as if it's a definitive fact. if u got some legit proof, I'm willin to hear it.

ps I don't like rice.,

shits fake
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2021, 01:08:50 PM »
shits fake

Yeah, I think Dr. Dre's lawyer confirmed that some years ago.

RockTheMikePod

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2021, 03:56:41 PM »
I remember Crooked I saying Dre doesn't "need" a ghostwriter in a recent-ish interview so I guess this is somewhat confirmation he writes occasionally?

I also remember reading somewhere he wrote his verse on Imagine from Blue Carpet Treatment.
All hip-hop, all the time. A podcast where I interview artists and discuss what's most important to us; the music.

LinkTree contains links to all social media profiles, platforms where you can find the podcast, playlists containing music by our guests, and email.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2021, 01:49:08 PM »
Written or not
Dre's voice is dope AF
With his experience & way he is: he sure can but won't lol because its impossible that he can't write rhymes.