Author Topic: Why Democrats and Liberals feel the way they do.  (Read 823 times)

Trauma-san

Why Democrats and Liberals feel the way they do.
« on: April 09, 2003, 09:50:02 PM »
I, once again, am going to open my eyes to the situation going on, and explain it to the blind.  

In 2000 George Bush won an election that was hotly contested.  He ALMOST lost, to the point that his opposition, Al Gore, a democrat, actually had more votes than he.  It came down to the electoral college, which showed Bush as Winning.  There was a ton of debate about Florida, which Bush won, but Gore possibly should have.  Anyways, whatever you believe happened, either way you look at it, George Bush was elected president.  

Since that time, Democrats, and liberals, and pretty much anybody who supported Al Gore personally, or just his party, have done everything they can do to delegitimize this presidency.  They feel that George Bush isn't the president, Al Gore should have been, and therefore, they refuse to do ANYTHING that will recognize George Bush as president.  

The most striking, and STUNNING example of this, is the recent conflict over the war in Iraq.  Bill Clinton bombed several countries, and unfortunately, had to invoke u.s. military action on several occasions.  NONE of this was met with any opposition, because generally, the american politicians rally around any president in times of war, or military action.  Democrats and Republicans alike supported the Democratic presidents decision to use military force.... it's a noble thing to do, because it shows above all else, what is most important is the lives of americans, and their wellbeing, not political differences.

Flash forward to 2002-2003.  The democratic party has long been a champion of opressed people's rights.  They fight for aid to the underpriviledged, equal rights for gays, etc. etc. etc... you could even go so far as to claim that the entire democratic platform is based on helping out the underdog.  

The democratic party is SO MAD and furious that George Bush 'cheated' in their eyes to win the presidency, they refuse to support anything that he does.  They won't validate or approve nominations he places, they run in direct opposition to any bill he pushes, and now, they are even acting AGAINST THEIR OWN NATURE by opposing the war in Iraq.  They come up with any illogical argument they can for why they are against it, but the real reason is: They don't agree with anything Bush does, as a principle.  They don't want him as president, and they don't want to stand with him on anything.  Normally, they would rally behind the war, as a patriotic stance (like republicans did with clinton), and also, because the war's end objective will result in millions of oppressed people in Iraq being liberated.  NORMALLY, democrats would applaud this, as would liberals, or anyone with that mindset.  Given the political climate though, they've went against what their hearts have told them, and acted out of rage.  They've said that Iraqis didn't want us there.  That was proven false by the people dancing in the streets of Iraq, and learning how to say "Thank you mister for helping me" in English.  Democrats have said that their will be a ton of casualties, and that we can't fight the urban warfare that we'll come across... that hasn't happened.  Democrats have said that Terrorism will increase around the world; it's actually decreased since the war started.  

The whole thing to me is disgusting.  This was IS just, we ARE doing a good thing, and whatever the past history of George Bush is, at THIS moment, anyone with a heart, a conscience, or a mind would logically stand with him.  81% of america agrees by the latest poll; the democratic party is setting itself up for a dangerous situation; democratic presidential candidates have even went so far as to compare Bush to Saddam, as well as asking for an 'american regime change', saying it's an unjust war, etc. etc.... with 81% of americans dissagreeing, is this REALLY the position the democrats want to take?  

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re:Why Democrats and Liberals feel the way they do.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 06:15:39 AM »
"I can't believe they elected me.  I was running against peace and prosperity"

Kaidy

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 07:03:26 AM »
You're right when you say you're talking to the blind Trauma, because the only people who will buy that claptrap are the blind, moronic people who know nothing about the world but what they see on television. The whole post is misguided nonsense, as I have come to expect from you in this forum.

Besides you killed your own argument in the first paragraph. Gore got more votes, Bush is an illegal president. End of story.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 08:36:58 AM by Kaidy »

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 08:16:53 AM »
Yeah.  The Democrats are just as bad as the Republicans.  They are basically the same thing.  Although I would argue that Bush is the worst president in history and that Clinton was one of the best.

Agua

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 09:33:04 AM »
Yeah.  The Democrats are just as bad as the Republicans.  They are basically the same thing.  Although I would argue that Bush is the worst president in history and that Clinton was one of the best.

i'd go with fdr

Quakaveli

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 09:38:52 AM »
"I can't believe they elected me.  I was running against peace and prosperity"

LMAO that was a funny bushism ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2003, 10:06:01 AM »
The responses prove my point.  Everything is an argument about how bush won the election, therefore nobody will validate his presidency.  That's why he doesn't get any support.  And Kaidy, you missed the argument.  Sorry, maybe this is too much of a 'big boy' topic for you.  

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2003, 10:07:01 AM »
Gore got more votes, Bush is an illegal president. End of story.

Dear God you are stupid. Do you know what an electoral college is?

Kaidy

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2003, 06:00:01 PM »
And Kaidy, you missed the argument.  Sorry, maybe this is too much of a 'big boy' topic for you.  

Don't ever patronise me you ignorant fuckwit. In fact don't even acknowledge my posts any more, just go and live in your happy clappy little world and be sure not to ever mention my name in one of your inane posts ever again.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2003, 09:01:26 AM »
Gore got more votes, Bush is an illegal president. End of story.

LOL

This is a classic quote.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2003, 10:39:50 AM »

Don't ever patronise me you ignorant fuckwit. In fact don't even acknowledge my posts any more, just go and live in your happy clappy little world and be sure not to ever mention my name in one of your inane posts ever again.

OUCH
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2003, 04:24:25 PM »
How is that "OUCH"??...The idiot totally ignored CWalkers question...PeACe

Kaidy

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2003, 06:53:50 PM »
How is that "OUCH"??...The idiot totally ignored CWalkers question...PeACe

yes I've started to ignore all posts from people whose intellectual level is so far removed from mine that we cannot discuss issues evenly and fairly. But just for the record, yes I know plenty about the electoral college, in fact I know more about the USA's politics and history than CWalker himself. It's a shame that such a fantastic patriot is so incredibly ignorant of the nation he claims to love.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2003, 11:53:47 PM »
yes I know plenty about the electoral college, in fact I know more about the USA's politics and history than CWalker himself. It's a shame that such a fantastic patriot is so incredibly ignorant of the nation he claims to love.

LMFAO, this is too easy.  I'll let CWalker blast this post.  LOL

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2003, 12:00:46 AM »
^ You havent proven yourself in this Forum, thus, you have no right to dismiss others comments. Now attack his argument. Attack, biyatch!!!
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll