Poll

2 (66.7%)
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: NIK's dumbest statement during these playoffs??  (Read 3521 times)

Hack Wilson - real

NIK's dumbest statement during these playoffs??
« on: June 16, 2015, 08:33:24 PM »
1 saying that Elgin Baylor (0 for 8 in the NBA finals) and Jerry West (1 for 8 ) are better than 11 time champ Bill Russell

2-Saying Lebron is still over rated despite winning 2 games over the west's Warriors without Irving, Love and Varrijao and setting all kinds of NBA finals scoring recods

both are awfully stupid statements that both deserve equal laughing at  - similar to how when Lebron passed Kobe's "non PG assist" stats how those #'s no longer mattere  ;D

Sccit

Re: NIK's dumbest statement during these playoffs??
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:49:07 PM »
u must be hella mad right now that your team aka lebron lost another finals (his 4th lost nba finals lmfao)..........that's 2/6 in the finals rofl..............and on ANOTHER sub-40% shooting night for your king.....................on SINGLE COVERAGE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BTW elglin baylor won a ring in 72

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 08:50:31 PM »
how many minutes did ELGIN play? 

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 08:53:14 PM »
WHAT DO IT MATTER? RUSSELL WAS THE 5TH LEADING SCORER ON A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM LMAO. U PUT ELGIN INSTEAD OF RUSSELL ON THOSE CELTIC TEAMS, AND THEY WIN 15 STRAIGHT.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »
Baylor didn't play one minute in that finals and you know it so you blow it off with "doesn't matter"  ;D

that's like saying Nomar deserves a ring for the 2004 red sox world series - no he doesn't.  he has one but didn't earn it.

if you put Russell on a team with West they'd have won a lot more than 0 titles  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 11:30:59 AM »
RUSSELLS HALL OF FAME CAST WAS BETTER THAN JUST WEST

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 11:57:00 AM »
so we're pretending Gail Goodrich is jag status now?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 12:05:18 PM »
Baylor didn't play one minute in that finals and you know it so you blow it off with "doesn't matter"  ;D

that's like saying Nomar deserves a ring for the 2004 red sox world series - no he doesn't.  he has one but didn't earn it.

if you put Russell on a team with West they'd have won a lot more than 0 titles  ;D

Baylor did play on the 1972 team, he retired mid-season because of career ending injures, and did get a ring. Most players like him would get a ring. So saying Baylor doesn't have a ring is just wrong.

Also, only because of 1969, I'd say Russell is the best, but you have to look at teammates. The Celtics had hall of fame players coming off their bench. They had a roster 6-7 deep some years with hall of famers. West and Baylor were great, and in his prime Baylor might have been better than Russell as a player. But we'll never know because Baylor just didn't have the talent around him. It's all about teams. I give Russell credit because he battled Wilt every year, and beat him every year. Including when Wilt joined the Lakers and have Baylor and West with him. I think that's the justification for the praise Russell gets. He's the David that beat Goliath each and every year.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 01:58:33 PM »
and again, was the 5th leading scorer on a championship team...never cracked the 20 ppg game mark. he's somewhere in between kareem and horry.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »
and again, was the 5th leading scorer on a championship team...never cracked the 20 ppg game mark. he's somewhere in between kareem and horry.

Defense wins championships my friend. And Russell was one of the best, if not the best, defensive centers in history. He always had hall of famers around him, but he's wars with Wilt justified him being in the conversation. If you rank players on offense only, then yes, Russell ain't even top 20 all time. But the complete player, defense, offense, rebounds, guarding better players, will to win, Basketball IQ. You don't get any better than Russell, and the rings speak for themselves.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 02:03:58 PM »

Defense wins championships my friend. And Russell was one of the best, if not the best, defensive centers in history. He always had hall of famers around him, but he's wars with Wilt justified him being in the conversation. If you rank players on offense only, then yes, Russell ain't even top 20 all time. But the complete player, defense, offense, rebounds, guarding better players, will to win, Basketball IQ. You don't get any better than Russell, and the rings speak for themselves.

BRUCE BOWEN THE GOAT

look, i know he was a great defender...but to be in GOAT discussion, u have to do it at both ends. Russell never cracking the 20 ppg mark easily removes him from that discussion. like i said, he's somewhere between kareem and horry.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 02:16:36 PM »

BRUCE BOWEN THE GOAT

look, i know he was a great defender...but to be in GOAT discussion, u have to do it at both ends. Russell never cracking the 20 ppg mark easily removes him from that discussion. like i said, he's somewhere between kareem and horry.

Hold on, the greatest winner ever? And you are saying he's not in the GOAT discussion? WTF?

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 02:19:28 PM »

BRUCE BOWEN THE GOAT

Hold on, the greatest winner ever? And you are saying he's not in the GOAT discussion? WTF?

robert horry is also a greater winner than michael jordan....since ur extra slow, ill say it one more time. ACCOLADES AND SKILL FACTOR INTO LEGACY.... NOT ONE OR THE OTHER.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 02:44:02 PM »

BRUCE BOWEN THE GOAT

robert horry is also a greater winner than michael jordan....since ur extra slow, ill say it one more time. ACCOLADES AND SKILL FACTOR INTO LEGACY.... NOT ONE OR THE OTHER.

Also impact, importance, and being a starter for a winning team, and defending someone like Wilt, and coaching a team that you are playing for,.

Also, let's get some things very clear. Before Russell, the Celtics still had hall of fame players like Cousy, Sharman and others. Guess how many times they made the finals? None. After Russell retired, they still had hall of famers like John Havlicek, and returned 7 other players. In 1969-70, they didn't even finish with a winning record. Russell was very important to everything Boston did. He was the glue that held it all together.

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 03:05:43 PM »
RUSSELL AVERAGED 9 PPG ON A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM LMAO...GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. AND HAVILCEK ACTUALLY DID WIN WITHOUT RUSSELL. HAVILCEK AVERAGED DOUBLE WHAT RUSSELL DID. HE'S THE GOAT WINNER, AND THAT'S IT.