Author Topic: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)  (Read 16412 times)

andre

CORREA

Re: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2015, 04:51:24 PM »
Dr. Dre's 'Compton: The Soundtrack' Will Stream A Day Early On Apple Music

Dr. Dre's newly announced Compton: The Soundtrack is set to release Friday (August 7) exclusively through Apple Music. Right before it drops at midnight, it will be streamed on Apple Music's Beats 1 Radio from 9 p.m. Thursday to midnight EST, according to a tweet from Zane Lowe, who holds a high position at Apple Music.

sweetdudejim

« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2015, 08:21:34 PM »
So I don't know if anybody will care, but if true, this is kinda neat...

Apparently DJ Yella produced "One Shot One Kill" with Dre on the Compton album.

Which would mean there are three N.W.A members involved with this album then. And obviously, nobody would expect any Yella vocals on this thing, since he doesn't rap.

Now, as for why MC Ren isn't on this thing, can't say. Guess he just didn't fit Dre's vision for this thing. And his complaints a month or two ago may have not made Dre feel so good about him too. As far as I'm concerned Ren, should feel very, very happy that he's even being mentioned on a large scale in 2015. He should take the good publicity from this movie and run with it, maybe try to get a major label deal. Or he can whine and continue to not exist.

thegooddoc

« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2015, 09:31:19 PM »

Which would mean there are three N.W.A members involved with this album then. And obviously, nobody would expect any Yella vocals on this thing, since he doesn't rap.

Now, as for why MC Ren isn't on this thing, can't say. Guess he just didn't fit Dre's vision for this thing. And his complaints a month or two ago may have not made Dre feel so good about him too. As far as I'm concerned Ren, should feel very, very happy that he's even being mentioned on a large scale in 2015. He should take the good publicity from this movie and run with it, maybe try to get a major label deal. Or he can whine and continue to not exist.

That would be cool to see a DJ Yella co-produced song.  As far as Ren, it is anyone's guess.  Ren was damn good back in the day, but then just dropped off the face of the earth.  Dre's standards are pretty high.   

soopa-man

« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2015, 09:32:04 PM »
On 1580 radio Julio G said Eazy vocals were borrowed from him by Dre for the album but he doesn't know how he used them and didn't clarify what kind of vocals were verses drops or interview audio.  For those don't live in LA or the U.S. Julio G is an original Kday dJ who knew all NWA members personally from the beginning and was instrumental later for keeping West coast radio on the air, with Westside Radio on the 100.: The beat

He also worked with Eazy for his radio station and helped produce Kid Frost first album and some stuff after and was instrumental with bringing Frost to Ruthless as well...

1580 is on Dash Radio and is programmed by Julio G today at this moment, Julio G has been back on the air now on the 92.3 The Real with Big Boy and Other west coast DJ and hosts that mad the move from Power and Kday, the original 1580 was Kday now Kday is a radio station that is from the inland empire that plays cool shit but no matter where you live in LA the reception is fucked up

1580 am in LA?? what kinda station is that??

1580 was the original KDAY dude.

but he was talkin about it like it's current.......kday is 93.5 nowadays

shu

« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2015, 11:17:40 PM »

AftermathBeats

« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2015, 11:51:32 PM »
Hardcopys coming soon. First exclusive on ITunes 

Bandida

« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2015, 11:57:43 PM »
Who's Anderson Paak?

Sccit

« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2015, 12:02:08 AM »

weird e-a-ski said his song didnt make the cut

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2015, 12:24:11 AM »
Scary thought, this may be the last time we hear Dre and Snoop on a record together.

Off-Topic, Snoop and Pharrell cooked up some fuckin magic on Bush. I usually hate everything they do together but I can't front on that album at all.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

soopa-man

« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2015, 02:33:00 AM »
Scary thought, this may be the last time we hear Dre and Snoop on a record together.

Off-Topic, Snoop and Pharrell cooked up some fuckin magic on Bush. I usually hate everything they do together but I can't front on that album at all.
Yeah it sounds fresh, I mean it takes some getting used to hearing Snoop like that, but it has its own sound and vibe.  It also doesn't sound like any thing on the radio, and listening to snoops dash radio station Cadillac music you can hear and see why snoop went in to that direction all the music he plays is 60's and 70's oldies and 80'sfunk.  So when he plays songs off Bush you can barely tell your listening to some thing recorded today. 
I don't think he is trying to make hip hop music anymore I think he is trying to find musically some where else to go
Creatively.   
I fuck with 7 Days of Funk heavy it was gfunk at its best to me, for this era a real good throw back.  But Bush is cool it has that prince and 80'funk/pop vibe.

soopa-man

« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2015, 02:35:54 AM »

If that is true it's dope by the credits who he chose to fuck with.  I seen Daz in the studio with him and focus too, wonder if he added anything minor to the sound or what not, those credits are going to be a good read when the physical copies drop.  Because I know there was some dope writers for the album as well schoolboy q and nipsey hussle, jay rock... Etc

Matty

« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2015, 03:08:29 AM »

for that reason calling fake and generally doesn't look legit at all.

jman91331

« Reply #193 on: August 05, 2015, 06:56:54 AM »

Well MC Ren did have that album with EA-Ski, maybe he's hard at work on that. I would rather take advantage of this movie as a group member and capitalize on the hype of this movie and work on my own shit than to stop what I'm doing to contribute to the next man's shit. Judging by that single that was floating around on here, he has a message that needs to be heard.

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2015, 08:37:14 AM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:40:54 AM by AdrianoDogg.com »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network