Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49141 times)

Sccit

The T.I. track would be about the worst song if it was on Compton.  Like Focus says.. those are just songs.. but the tracks on Compton are an "experience" ya dig?

Lucifuge

Still on rotation. Dope album as fuck. Prodction is crazy.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

doggfather

Still on rotation. Dope album as fuck. Prodction is crazy.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Will_B

Homies acting like this wasn't just click bait advertising for the movie

This went number 1 on iTunes at just the right time. All ish that boosted movie interest and still cats are debating why they never put out a single? It was marketing. Dre didn't even put his face on the album cover. No video. Kids don't wanna see that

Sccit

Homies acting like this wasn't just click bait advertising for the movie

This went number 1 on iTunes at just the right time. All ish that boosted movie interest and still cats are debating why they never put out a single? It was marketing. Dre didn't even put his face on the album cover. No video. Kids don't wanna see that

Lol no

EFFeX

The T.I. track would be about the worst song if it was on Compton.  Like Focus says.. those are just songs.. but the tracks on Compton are an "experience" ya dig?

Meh...

I just can't throw Compton in the car and ride out to it. It's just not an everyday album. It's like you have to be in the "mood" for it.

Dre has always had a sound that was for riding out, partying, chilling, etc. It fit every scenario. He made hits too. Compton is just something else. It's not bad by any means, but I just don't see it as the pinnacle of music greatness that others are calling it. It's creative yes, but not an everyday album.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Meh...

I just can't throw Compton in the car and ride out to it. It's just not an everyday album. It's like you have to be in the "mood" for it.

Dre has always had a sound that was for riding out, partying, chilling, etc. It fit every scenario. He made hits too. Compton is just something else. It's not bad by any means, but I just don't see it as the pinnacle of music greatness that others are calling it. It's creative yes, but not an everyday album.

How can you not ride out to tracks like "All In A Day's Work", "Just Another Day", "Talking to My Diary"?...all the album goes perfect in the ride... I mean I really don't get what your talking about... I could listen to Compton in just about any mood... because it actually has more range than any other Dre album, when you have songs "All On Me" that are more reflective then tracks that are hype like "Talk About It"

...I really don't understand why it's hard for any of you cats to wrap your minds around this album.  
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

EFFeX

Meh...

How can you not ride out to tracks like "All In A Day's Work", "Just Another Day", "Talking to My Diary"?...all the album goes perfect in the ride... I mean I really don't get what your talking about... I could listen to Compton in just about any mood... because it actually has more range than any other Dre album, when you have songs "All On Me" that are more reflective then tracks that are hype like "Talk About It"

...I really don't understand why it's hard for any of you cats to wrap your minds around this album.  

You literally just named the only songs I ever play on that album. lol

Sccit

Meh...

SO U DONT FUCK WIT DEEP WATER? LOOSE CANNON? FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY?

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Meh...

SO U DONT FUCK WIT DEEP WATER? LOOSE CANNON? FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY?

Yah...those are the two best verses on the album, Conner in "love of money" and Kendrick in "deep water" and this is coming from someone who doesn't have either of kendricks albums but that verse is unbelievable

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
You don't fuck with "One Shot One Kill"?

"Just Another Day" is actually the only track that I skip on this album.. it's also the only song that don't feature Dr. Dre on it at all. Only one song without Dre is less than his previous albums.

...and i have to say that at first i was really disapointed. I just thought Dre would come up with a new sound like he always has done with his albums, but he didn't and his flow is what it is.

I actually think that the album does not sound like anything else at all.

It's a shame that there's only one song with Dre and Snoop

There's 2.. Snoop is on both "Satisfiction" and "One Shot One Kill".

Did The D.O.C. have anything to do with the album? I don't see his name in the booklet. It's hard to believe Dre would release a new album without his involvement.

DOC had nothin' to do with any song that made the album. His dude Justus is featured on 3 songs plus some additional vocals on a couple others and did write most of the songs along with King Mez. Justus was brought to Dre by DOC and was discovered by DOC.

There's a leftover called "Naked" off which there's both a Dr. Dre version (tagged from the Pharmacy radio show) and a D.O.C. version (live performance)
Since you was in prison, did you know D.O.C. also got his regular voice back? He can't use it all the time yet, but it's gettin' there.. he did a song called "Self" with both his damaged and "new" voice and is currently workin' on his new album.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:07:52 PM by Dargine »
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Blood$

You don't fuck with "One Shot One Kill"?

"Just Another Day" is actually the only track that I skip on this album.. it's also the only song that don't feature Dr. Dre on it at all.

it's also the song that has Game on it  ;D

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream

it's also the song that has Game on it  ;D

That alone would be a reason to skip that shit.. lol. He's also on "Deep Water".. "Compton!!!".

I still bump some of his shit tho': "Life's A Bitch", "How We Do", "Where I'm From (og version)", "Higher", "Killa Kalli", "Westside Story", "Buddens", "I'm Gangsta (Fresh Out)", "I'm So Sorry", "Y'all Ain't Fuckin' Wit' Us", "My Life In The Sunshine", "Same Ol' Heat", "Too Much", "Aftermath", "Room In Here", "Stomp"... that should be about it. Add "Deep Water" and you got 1 great album worth of songs.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:25:55 PM by Dargine »
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Blood$

it's also the song that has Game on it  ;D

That alone would be a reason to skip that shit.. lol. He's also on "Deep Water".. "Compton!!!".

I still bump some of his shit tho': "Life's A Bitch", "How We Do", "Where I'm From (og version)", "Higher", "Killa Kalli", "Westside Story", "Buddens", "I'm Gangsta (Fresh Out)", "I'm So Sorry", "Y'all Ain't Fuckin' Wit' Us", "My Life In The Sunshine", "Same Ol' Heat", "Aftermath", "Room In Here", "Stomp"... that should be about it.

now when you mention it that was defintiely him yelling on "Deep Water" lol I figured that was Dre this whole time

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Game is on deep water?  I didn't catch that...  And games first aftermath album still gets some play with me.... But other than that I'm not too big a fan. 

And they performed "naked" live?   One of the most dissapointing things is that none of the Compton songs are being performed live.