Author Topic: DR. DRE - COMPTON: A SOUNDTRACK BY DR. DRE (Official Discussion)  (Read 53369 times)

donfathaimmortal

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #405 on: August 15, 2015, 11:10:18 AM »
Yeah, surely fan made. Good cover.

The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

DJSpin

« Reply #406 on: August 15, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »
Ok, so I was expecting to buy this cd this weekend, however am a bit confused.  How the fuck do I get a copy of this lp?

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #407 on: August 15, 2015, 01:24:12 PM »
Its a good album & there are a few standout tracks but they're not classic material. To tell the truth I really don't expect anything classic from Dre anymore so maybe thats why I like the album for what it is. But it is unfortunate that Dre changed his voice & style of rapping. It's like he wanted to spit like Kendrick. Actually all of the guest features sound like Kendrick :-\

WestSideDon

« Reply #408 on: August 15, 2015, 01:45:42 PM »
Its a good album & there are a few standout tracks but they're not classic material. To tell the truth I really don't expect anything classic from Dre anymore so maybe thats why I like the album for what it is. But it is unfortunate that Dre changed his voice & style of rapping. It's like he wanted to spit like Kendrick. Actually all of the guest features sound like Kendrick :-\

Yeah thats one of the main problems, I already can't get into kendrick himself and his rapping stlyle but almost everyone here doing a cheap imitation of him is just too much

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #409 on: August 15, 2015, 02:35:56 PM »
After a week of listening to this album back to back, the more I listen the better it is for me.

The tracks I like from first Listen, just gets better.

Still don't like the second track, that's it.

It's all on me

All in a day's work

Darkside/gone (I want an extended version of Darkside 🔥)

Deep waters

One shot one kill

For the love of money

Animal

Medicine man

Talking to my diary

I just can't get enough of these tracks.

Finally an album I can listen to, top to bottom without getting bored of it.

Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

bigpimpin20

« Reply #410 on: August 15, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »
i see a lot people dont like how dre rappin on this, to me its dope that at his age he still experimentin and tryin different things, music is still fun to him

Sccit

« Reply #411 on: August 15, 2015, 04:53:32 PM »
Ok, so I was expecting to buy this cd this weekend, however am a bit confused.  How the fuck do I get a copy of this lp?

Comes out 21st

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #412 on: August 15, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »
Full credits now up!!!!

https://www.drdre.com/music

Click on the tracks

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:26:14 PM by AdrianoDogg.com »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Jay_J

« Reply #413 on: August 15, 2015, 07:53:34 PM »
after at least 20 times listening from beginning to end. i have something to say about it.

1. “intro” .......................4/5

cool intro

2. “talk about it” (feat. king mez & justus)..........................3/5

ordinary song.

3. “genocide” (feat. kendrick lamar, marsha ambrosius & candice pillay)........................2/5

weakest link of album.

4. “ıt’s all on me” (feat. justus & bj the chicago kid)..........................4.5/5

finally a good song. especially piano and strings on 2nd verse makes it sounds like a dr. dre song. very good chorus

5. “all ın a day’s work” (feat. anderson paak & marsha ambrosius)..........................5/5

honestly i love this song, definately my favorite on album. but verse bridge chorus, they are all so mixed and confusing. if they could mix it and sing it like a usual song (intro-verse-chorus-bridge-verse-chorus-outro) and add some other instruments, it would bang. musically, it sounds perfect but so simple. we really want something to bang and drives us crazy right? this should be the first single of the album and could be succesful as much as still d.r.e. something is missing, can't describe, anyway, i love this song. anderson .paak did a great job.

6. “darkside/gone” (feat. king mez, marsha ambrosius & kendrick lamar)...........................5/5(darkside) - 4.5/5(gone)

"darkside" part>>> holly shit. darkside starts very impressive, dr. dre start to rap and bring the level higher, i was so excited to hear snares on it and chorus begin and felt like it will be the hit of album, then suddenly it ends and "gone" part begins. they wasted a good song. i don't know why. they wasted such a good beat.

"gone" part>>> that shit sounds like aftermath. very usual dr. dre beat. piano, strings, drums, bass. we miss it but its not a classic. very good song. one of the best song on the album.

7. “loose cannons” (feat. xzibit & cold 187um)..........................3.5/5

another stupid way of mixing. 3 different beats in one song without chorus. they really wasted it. especially xzibit part rocks!

8. “issues” (feat. ıce cube & anderson paak)..........................2/5

very surprised to hear turkish sample in the beginning. but beat is so wack. very simple leads, bad drums, bad rap. one of the other weakest link of the album.

9. “deep water” (feat. kendrick lamar & justus)...........................4/5

normally i'm not a fan of this kinda mainstream hip-hop songs. it sounds like it belongs to a kendrick album. but it makes u listen it when you begin to listen. there is smth catchy. trumpets on outro is very nice also.

10. “one shot one kill” – jon connor (feat. snoop dogg)..........................5/5

one of my favorites on the album. snoop reminds us who is the king of the west coast one more time. he really killed this shit on this song. very catchy giutar loop. i can say this shit is a banger. at least one of xzibit, dr. dre or eminem could rap on it and that would be a hip-hop classic.

11. “just another day” – the game (feat. asia bryant).........................3.5/5

game raps like he is a west coast legend on it. i really loved the way he raps on this beat. but sadly i have to say its very simple beat. however no chorus, another stupid mix again. we cant even call it a song. why the fuck they dont mix a song like a song should be. unnecessary song and wasted space for album.

12. “for the love of money” (feat. jill scott & jon connor)..........................3.5/5

i'm not a fan of bone thugs' music. but outro is very nice.

13. “satisfiction” (feat. snoop dogg, marsha ambrosius & king mez)

i'm expectig a video for this song. that doesn't sound like dre. to me very simple song, dre could do better, but with a good marketing, this song can take a high place in lists.

14. “animals” (feat. anderson paak).........................5/5

my second favorite on the album after "all in a day's work". this shit is really banging. you can guess its a primo beat when you hear it first, dre added impressive strings and leads on it, mixed it perfectly and anderson .paak did his job very good again. it will be a classic for real hip-hop fans. no doubt.

15. “medicine man” (feat. eminem, candice pillay & anderson paak)..........................4.5/5

i hateded this song when i listened to it first. because i was expecting something great from doc and em. this is unfortunately another mainstream experiment by dr. dre. im not a fan of it. i prefer to hear finished version of "die hard" song. after a few listenings i started to like it anyway. very catchy chorus. eminem raise the level like he did on forget about dre and doctor help him to raise it with orchestrating the beat.

16. “talking to my diary”..............................5/5

i'm surprised nobody mentioned that it's the one and only dr. dre solo song in his career :) nobody is featuring, its unbelievable :) anyway, this shit is what we expected from dr. dre. everybody loved this song on the album and everybody said that it sounds like detox. maybe these comments will change doctor's mind about releasing detox or not. what a nice outro and ending for album.

i'm afraid to say it's overall 3,5/5 for me. because dre just did this album for marketing of straight outta compton movie. it's something huge for industry that doctor releases and album after 16 years. and it's name is compton a soundtrack to let everybody know straight outta compton movie will be in theaters soon. go watch it people.

dr. dre didn't do this album for his career. he was doing detox for his music career and he didn't find it good enough. but this album is enough to let everybody know doc is back and he is making a movie about his nwa legacy. thats all. he says its his grand finale. i wish he will concentrate to make an hip-hop classic again. not for the money, not for the movie, not for the earphones. i still got too much love for him. whatever, he is back with an album, it's good to hear him. peace!

Marco

« Reply #414 on: August 15, 2015, 08:04:32 PM »
Full credits now updated on The Vault:

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=318919.0
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:14:56 PM by Jay Z »
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Sccit

« Reply #415 on: August 15, 2015, 08:06:06 PM »
Full credits now up!!!!

Click on the tracks

dre keepin it bashful

Jay_J

« Reply #416 on: August 15, 2015, 08:22:22 PM »
Full credits now up!!!!

Click on the tracks

fredwreck played keys on loose cannons and medicine man. good info.

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #417 on: August 15, 2015, 08:25:23 PM »
slim back on aftermath, xzibit too wish dre had the ability to write his own rhymes at least for compton. Depressin havin ghotwriters writing about eazy for him!!

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #418 on: August 15, 2015, 10:38:42 PM »
dr dre's final album and he didn't produce 1 beat on it

what a joke

OriginalVersion

« Reply #419 on: August 15, 2015, 11:49:47 PM »
dr dre's final album and he didn't produce 1 beat on it

what a joke

He actually did "produce" the records. The reason he has been listing the stuff as other's stuff, is because he got tired of people saying he didn't produce it when in all truthfulness, most people just brought the beat and are egotistical bastards. But people really think all these other cats produced the record for Dre, when really all they did was bring a beat, Dre touched it up like a true producer, hence the mixing credits.
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++