Poll

Xzibit or Ice Cube?

Xzibit
10 (37%)
Ice Cube
17 (63%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Xzibit or Ice Cube?  (Read 770 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Xzibit or Ice Cube?
« on: October 09, 2015, 11:36:32 PM »
These two are kind of similar, both West Coast heavyweights.

Ice Cube of course has NWA on his resume and he has a classic song "Today Was A Good Day" ("Papparazi" is an underground classic but failed to make any mainstream impact), he also held a role in the East/West beef with "Bow Down" and "Westside Slaughterhouse" so objectively speaking—in terms of his legacy—Ice Cube is probably the clear favorite on this one.

Personally though, I have never been able to bump an Ice Cube solo album front to back.  I've usually liked his singles throughout his career but never dug deep into his albums.  X on the other hand has 3 albums that I can play through without skipping, and they are all damn near classic albums.  Even his fourth album when he started to fall off has a lot of bangers on it.  X is also the better rapper today, because Napalm was a far better comeback album than anything Ice Cube has put up in recent times.

So I will vote = Xzibit
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

hitsaw

Re: Xzibit or Ice Cube?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 12:35:08 AM »
Mr. X To da Z!!!!

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 01:01:05 AM »
Ice Cube.

In terms of his solo albums AMW is in my top 20 albums of all time. DC is in my top 10. Predator was a great album. Lethal Injection is a personal classic and I play that front to back. When it comes to group albums Straight Outta Compton was one of the first rap albums I ever heard and Bow Down is a top 10 album to me.

Restless was the first X album I really enjoyed fully even though I did buy ATSOL and 40D40N before that and thought they were good albums. MvsM and Weapons Of Mass Destruction were meh overall with some bangers on each of them and that was the last I checked for XtotheZ.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 01:12:11 AM »
cube has the better legacy, but i like xzibit.....x used to be my favorite emcee back around the time this forum first started. still, cube got more classics, more integral in the rise of west coast hip-hop, and just has the better overall catalogue. but prime for prime, they're neck and neck and it's a tough call, but i prefer xzibit's style slightly over cube's.

jman91331

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 01:14:52 AM »
These two are kind of similar, both West Coast heavyweights.

Ice Cube of course has NWA on his resume and he has a classic song "Today Was A Good Day" ("Papparazi" is an underground classic but failed to make any mainstream impact), he also held a role in the East/West beef with "Bow Down" and "Westside Slaughterhouse" so objectively speaking—in terms of his legacy—Ice Cube is probably the clear favorite on this one.

Personally though, I have never been able to bump an Ice Cube solo album front to back.  I've usually liked his singles throughout his career but never dug deep into his albums.  X on the other hand has 3 albums that I can play through without skipping, and they are all damn near classic albums.  Even his fourth album when he started to fall off has a lot of bangers on it.  X is also the better rapper today, because Napalm was a far better comeback album than anything Ice Cube has put up in recent times.

So I will vote = Xzibit
You lost me at couldn't listen to an Ice Cube album all the way through, but to each its own.  Xzibit is dope but Ice Cube's first four solo albums shits on Xzibit's whole career.  And that's saying a lot because like I said, Xzibit is dope.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 04:10:23 AM »
I think my sig says all, but even X said he would love to make a song with Ice Cube. I don't know why these two doesn't have a song together (Yeah I know Live from L.A.) but I mean like X having Cube on his own album or Cube having X on his own album. I like them both,they have similar flow, similar lyrics and they're both heavyweights. I just would love to see X and Cube on one song together. That would be dope.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

gator313

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 07:26:26 AM »
I think my sig says all, but even X said he would love to make a song with Ice Cube. I don't know why these two doesn't have a song together (Yeah I know Live from L.A.) but I mean like X having Cube on his own album or Cube having X on his own album. I like them both,they have similar flow, similar lyrics and they're both heavyweights. I just would love to see X and Cube on one song together. That would be dope.

It would have been perfect to do a song together on the XXX movie soundtrack; seeing that they shared the screen together. Or even a remix to the Outsmart the Po Po track. A personal favorite of mine.

DRGNBLZN

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 07:49:51 AM »
I love both but i'm more of an X to da Z fan. Always loved his delivery.

The_Offence

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 08:03:27 AM »
i was more into X's music.

TidyKris

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 10:21:32 AM »
Cube...i never really liked Xzibit

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 11:39:49 AM »
Give me both, on tracks, on each others next albums.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 11:47:53 AM »
I wish Cube was on Napalm. Pretty much any song, the production was insane.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Game-Won

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 12:47:19 PM »
Xzibit is great, Cube is a rap god.

How is this vote even close?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Cube_discography

"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 12:53:25 PM »
Xzibit is great, Cube is a rap god.

How is this vote even close?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Cube_discography

it's a vote of personal favorites, not who has the better legacy

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »
gonna have to say x....btw he's helpin' jayo felony wit his new album.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.