Author Topic: More Game vs 50 "who is better by Dx"  (Read 1194 times)

CORREA

Re: More Game vs 50 "who is better by Dx"
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2015, 06:12:45 PM »
why u retards still on this

50 is a fluke he will never comeback his music career is over

game is still around and still a lil relevant so now you know who won

Remedy360

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2015, 06:44:07 PM »

This thread has had much more interesting discussions than any of the click-bait gossip threads you make.

CORREA

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2015, 10:11:58 PM »

This thread has had much more interesting discussions than any of the click-bait gossip threads you make.

u think so retard lol

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2015, 12:06:09 AM »
50 is definitely better artist/musician than Game. 50 told his story, with his own words, making his own brand and blowing up with lot of noise. While Game's albums are pretty much primitive when it comes to making sense. He surely got top notch production i always enjoyed on his albums, he always picks the dopest beats. There aren't many fillers on his albums (take out RED and Jesus Piece - i dont feel those). But, well - i always considered Game like shit of a person, no character, mentality of a kid, doesnt sound real to me at all.
You've got a point here, no doubt about that.

However, Game has some undeniable qualities:

- Has grown as a rapper throughout the last 10 years, while most get worse over time (including 50 Cent)

- Has a great ear for beats

- Has grown to be a very versatile rapper. Sure, a lot of it is jacking other rappers flows, but still very versatile.

- Is very good at using his voice for optimal effect - picking the right flows etc. For instance, he sounds awesome on "The City". A very simplistic rap, but it just sounds great.

- Consistently puts out good music.

Overall, The Game will probably not go down in history as an alltime great MC, but he does have one of the most consistently strong catalogues in hip-hop.

Remedy360

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2015, 01:16:52 AM »

u think so retard lol

Calling someone a retard doesn't really work when you have trouble typing coherent sentences. Just stick to scanning the web for gossip articles little buddy, everyone here really loves reading them.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2015, 01:21:28 AM »
That whole "ear for beats" thing has never flown with me.  He's getting basically first dibs on all the best producers in music.  Jay-Z had a wonderful ear too when A-list producers were sending him their best stuff.  His ear for beats seems to be great when his budgets are in place for the best but that Blood Moon compilation and Jesus Piece don't seem to be benefiting from that magic ear.  

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2015, 01:39:19 AM »
That whole "ear for beats" thing has never flown with me.  He's getting basically first dibs on all the best producers in music.  Jay-Z had a wonderful ear too when A-list producers were sending him their best stuff.  His ear for beats seems to be great when his budgets are in place for the best but that Blood Moon compilation and Jesus Piece don't seem to be benefiting from that magic ear.  

i never listened to blood moon, but jesus piece had some bangin production......lota rappers have a top-of-the-line budget and still have a terrible beat selection, so your logic makes no sense

CORREA

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2015, 11:17:14 AM »

u think so retard lol

Calling someone a retard doesn't really work when you have trouble typing coherent sentences. Just stick to scanning the web for gossip articles little buddy, everyone here really loves reading them.

anytime retard and u can stick to talking bout the same washed up trash

Jimmy H.

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »
lota rappers have a top-of-the-line budget and still have a terrible beat selection, so your logic makes no sense
Big budgets are a great thing to have but connections go a little further.  I would say it's less a budget thing and more an access thing. 

bouli77

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2015, 11:55:23 AM »
I know documentary 2 has a lot of features, but u can barely tell listening to it
  I don't know.  I just finished bumping Documentary 2.5 (after listening to the first one before that) and it was pretty aware to me.  Even his skits are kind of pushing that whole name-dropping, guest-friendly vibe.  He starts by talking to Sway about 50 Cent and along the way, there's little history lessons on gang founders.  He's got a song talking about Suge Knight and Tupac where he puts Scarface on it.  He does a DJ Quik track where he flows like Suga Free.  He's got a song about Biggie where he has Puffy talking about getting a car and a Blood set pass from him.  There were numerous tracks where on one listen, I could hear him emphasizing popular lines from other people's songs.  He's even got fucking W-Ballz radio drops in there. The music and production is certainly top notch but the content is still "let's do a verse with a rapper I love where I talk about how much I love them and have them co-sign me by appearing on it".  You give a very average rapper this same production line-up and guest list and I would buy it because it has every great new and old school rapper I enjoy on there.  It's a very low-risk concept.  To me, a lot of these tracks sound incredible but it goes back to the formula of just rocking a great record. 

He's literally had every important rapper/producer that he could on every album he's done since his debut.  The only he hasn't done is Jay-Z and that's because Jay wouldn't do a track with him.  He's had the hottest productions from Dr. Dre, Kanye West, Timbaland, Pharell, Scott Storch, DJ Khali, Just Blaze, Hi-Tek, Cool & Dre, DJ Premier, Jellyroll, Havoc, Swizz Beatz, DJ Quik, Will.i.am, and the list goes on.  He's worked with 50 Cent, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Nas, Mary J. Blige, Fergie, Nate Dogg, Raekwon, Scarface, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Diddy, Kanye West, DMX, Common, Ice Cube, Travis Barker, Kendrick Lamar, Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Drake, E-40, Big Boi, J. Cole, 2 Chainz, Jamie Foxx.  He literally makes albums with just about every popular rapper from every region where he name-drops every popular artist has died and every popular movie that's been out in the last 20 years.  He seems more like people are just happy to have a West Coast rapper name-dropping all the albums and artists they like.  If he talks about doing some gangsta stuff, it just sounds the same but if he mentions that he's doing it while bumping Dogg Food, suddenly everyone gets the cold chills.

I'm really not trying to come off like I'm knocking the guy but it's been 10 years, when is he going to challenge himself as an artist, in terms of pushing the envelope?  You can certainly make the argument that 50 Cent's music career fell a little but he at least gambled.  He put his crew out and got them established.  All the greats have.  It took people a minute to catch on with Kendrick because he was trying new things but that's the joy in experimenting. 

I know exactly what u mean, but that's just who he is .. The guy who makes himself feel big by talkin up every1 in his crew and ridin the wave of their vibes. We all know some1 like that. It all boils down to him bein a good rapper with great production. Nothing in his content has ever been tremendous, and it never will. But it sounds good on a consistent basis.. 50 Cent also has a very repetitive sound, but the difference is that his production hasnt consistently banged like Game's...and 50s style just doesn't go as hard as far as voice, flow, and delivery. I was never a huge Game fan, but he knows how to make a hot song.. Nothin more nothin less.

On point.

Agree with both Scitt & Jimmy H.

Actually, that's Game's schtick, impersonating other rappers' styles as a form of homage, hence the heavy name dropping that can get weird. And it's conscious, that's Game's stance on rap. He's a dedicated student and fan. As soon as you accept it and get past that, you can fully appreciate Game.

I think 50 is the better artist in terms of vision, songwriting, concepts and charisma. The whole package sounds more balanced and coherent. But in terms of raw talent, Game is far more skilled as a rapper / MC. He can ride a beat way better, and as a professional impersonator, he has the ability to pick up on any type of flow, which his an outstanding quality in rap. His wordplay is definitely nice. What I dislike about him is how he crams his albums with  meaningless features and dickrides some of them, which gives his albums little to no direction. And that's why I liked 2.0 a lot (and actually better than 2.5), was the fact he had very few features compared to his other efforts and he sounded less weird than usual. Cause one thing about Game, is that, as BiggSadot put it in an old thread, he's a complete weirdo lol. He's like an emotional retarded high school jock who never matured past high school, always going on rants, soliloquies where he sucks other people's dicks and brags about the weirdest shit and likes to pose half naked on his instagram with erotic captions lol (no wonder dude was a male stripper at one point).

But as someone said in the thread, dude has a solid discography at the end of the day even if I don't rate many of his albums highly, he happens to have a lot of songs here and there ranging from dope to excellent. Even his pre-Aftermath shit has aged well, and that's a surprise to me. Cause I never thought his work with JT The Bigga Figga (and I'm like the biggest fan of his and Sean-T who produced the albums) was really memorable, but it still sounds surprisingly hot and fresh to this day).

Don't mind the retard lol, he's averse to any coherent posts with valid points and solid arguments and has the vocabulary range of an ill-mannered toddler. I gave up on him when I realized he dodged all my posts where I ethered him with coherent arguments, lol.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2015, 02:34:44 PM »
Big budgets are a great thing to have but connections go a little further.  I would say it's less a budget thing and more an access thing. 

my point stands....there are rappers with endless connections and money out the ass who have terrible beat selection. game simply aint one of 'em.

soopa-man

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2015, 03:08:35 PM »
^^ I agree because Jadakiss has had every great producer at his disposal, from his frost album to second, and his albums are always not what you want or picture from a MC like him.  Even the timbaland, swizz, neptunes dropped ass beats on kiss the game goodbye, Jadakiss would be better off working with alchemist and havoc and that's it. He even had Eminem make a beat beat and verse at Em's biggest and couldn't sell, with a Mariah Carey\Scott storch track and it seemed forced, so even with A List producers and rhymes it doesn't make you dope or prepared to sell records or jada and fat joe would be double platinum....

CORREA

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2015, 03:21:06 PM »
^^ I agree because Jadakiss has had every great producer at his disposal, from his frost album to second, and his albums are always not what you want or picture from a MC like him.  Even the timbaland, swizz, neptunes dropped ass beats on kiss the game goodbye, Jadakiss would be better off working with alchemist and havoc and that's it. He even had Eminem make a beat beat and verse at Em's biggest and couldn't sell, with a Mariah Carey\Scott storch track and it seemed forced, so even with A List producers and rhymes it doesn't make you dope or prepared to sell records or jada and fat joe would be double platinum....

Jadakiss is very good but is boring thats why he failed

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2015, 06:18:20 PM »

excellent example....if jadakiss was rappin over the production on documentary 2, shit would make for a classic.

Blood$

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2015, 06:39:09 PM »
He even had Eminem make a beat beat and verse at Em's biggest and couldn't sell, with a Mariah Carey\Scott storch track and it seemed forced, so even with A List producers and rhymes it doesn't make you dope or prepared to sell records or jada and fat joe would be double platinum....

you do realize Kiss Of Death (which is a near classic album) went Gold before "U Make Me Wanna" was made the third single and Platinum after the fact right?