Author Topic: MC Eiht Reveals How He & DJ Quik Ended 6-Year-Long Beef  (Read 1193 times)

OmegaRed

MC Eiht Reveals How He & DJ Quik Ended 6-Year-Long Beef
« on: January 13, 2016, 08:46:41 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jfjawpeAM-Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jfjawpeAM-Q</a>

Though MC Eiht and DJ Quik are now amicable with one another, they had an infamous beef that lasted nearly six years.

Eiht cites the tension between him and Quik as a byproduct of the pair's rival Blood and Crip affiliations. The Compton rapper says the beef popped off after the release of his song, "Def Wish." Eiht spits the line "Biting me quick will mean you get my d*** sucked quick." Though Eiht claims "he never knew who he was," because Quik was a Blood many took the wordplay as a direct shot at the rapper.

DJ Quik later responded to the line on his demo tape with a personal threat to Eiht, whom Quik wrongly thought called him out. The beef ensued for years afterwards and it hit a new level when DJ Quik mentioned MC Eiht's neighborhood in a song. Things between the two men got so heated that MC Eiht remembers Suge Knight and his crew pulling him over to talk about the beef, but it was only to assure him that things weren't going to get out of hand.
We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

MOBNigga06

Re: MC Eiht Reveals How He & DJ Quik Ended 6-Year-Long Beef
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »
Cool interview, definitely glad to hear this. We all should be grateful that Vlad is such a fan of west coast music and is now interviewing lots of OGs. He needs to do a Quik interview, that would be the shit.

One question, though: is MC Eiht lying about the "biting me quick" line? I find it hard to believe that the line could NOT be a shot at Quik, since it makes little sense grammatically otherwise. It just doesn't sound like something anybody would say under normal circumstances. I'm pretty sure it is a diss at Quik and that Eiht has changed his story to seem innocent of provoking the beef.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 01:52:37 PM »
Cool interview, definitely glad to hear this. We all should be grateful that Vlad is such a fan of west coast music and is now interviewing lots of OGs. He needs to do a Quik interview, that would be the shit.

One question, though: is MC Eiht lying about the "biting me quick" line? I find it hard to believe that the line could NOT be a shot at Quik, since it makes little sense grammatically otherwise. It just doesn't sound like something anybody would say under normal circumstances. I'm pretty sure it is a diss at Quik and that Eiht has changed his story to seem innocent of provoking the beef.
Vlad aint a fan of shit, he's a culture vulture he's a sheltered ass motherfucker. He's infatuated with the ganglife, and only gives a shit if its gonna get views he said it himself "if it aint big I aint fucking with it" Fuck that motherfucker.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 02:56:48 PM »

Vlad aint a fan of shit, he's a culture vulture he's a sheltered ass motherfucker. He's infatuated with the ganglife, and only gives a shit if its gonna get views he said it himself "if it aint big I aint fucking with it" Fuck that motherfucker.

THIS.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 02:57:52 PM »
I remember that BET interview with Eiht, Quik and Snoop. Awkward

MOBNigga06

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 04:34:39 PM »

I disagree completely. Listen to the interviews - it's obvious that Vlad is a real fan of most of these rappers. Would he really go to the trouble of filming and producing an interview with someone like Tray Deee or Kam or MC Eiht or Cold187Um just for views on Youtube? Surely they're not "big" in the current culture, and more views could easily be obtained by interviewing people with much larger fan bases. It seems obvious to me that Vlad is letting his personal interests guide his selection of interview subjects as much as (if not more than) his desire for Youtube ratings.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 09:16:59 PM »

he wasnt lyin

i got what he was sayin even back then..u quick to bite em..meanin u on his dick

it wasnt a diss...but then to the top of the tree's to cmw u see...made it to tragniew..

eiht then wanna use it as a diss..

when nowhere in that song did quik say he was shootin at nwa n cmw

he was givin em shout outs..

tell u the truth..n im a fan of both..

eiht has been lyin his entire time with vlad..

eiht started with e.v.i.a.n n the atlantis posse with dj slip

unknown slip n eiht been knowin each other for yrs...

alonzo dropped the ball with nwa...

the wreckin cru was dead..

so alonzo followed nwa formula..

n put together a compilation album with a bunch of no name niggas n cmw..produced by dj slip..

eiht n cmw was on some monkey see monkey do shit to get in the game..

far as the quik shit..

u can tell he was tryin 2 hard..

he knew the quik songs..

he changed the suge knight situation

it wasnt a truck..quik told the story on dollaz n sense....they caught eiht out of pocket goin to his momma house..

eiht was scared durin this entire time..thats why he never spoke on tree top..

eiht didnt start reppin tragniew n 159 hard until quik put his nuts on his braids at the source awards

if he was gangbangin..as he said..he show as hell didnt act like it...

1 thang about quik i can honestly say..he was givin ass whuppins n gettin em behind what he represented..

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 09:19:38 PM »
I remember that BET interview with Eiht, Quik and Snoop. Awkward

yeah it seemed forced..

but the one with mack 10 eiht n quik on dirt bikes when eiht first signed...was a better look

Mr. Theo

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 03:56:39 AM »

he wasnt lyin

i got what he was sayin even back then..u quick to bite em..meanin u on his dick

it wasnt a diss...but then to the top of the tree's to cmw u see...made it to tragniew..

n put together a compilation album with a bunch of no name niggas n cmw..produced by dj slip..

far as the quik shit..

he knew the quik songs..

it wasnt a truck..quik told the story on dollaz n sense....they caught eiht out of pocket goin to his momma house..

eiht didnt start reppin tragniew n 159 hard until quik put his nuts on his braids at the source awards

1 thang about quik i can honestly say..he was givin ass whuppins n gettin em behind what he represented..

3rd Coast..Da Realest!

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

dnjp4life

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 11:52:31 AM »
Good interview. MC Eiht says things didn't get heated between him and DJ Quik, but Vlad should have asked him about the accusations on 'Dollaz n Sense' when Quik mentions his guys running up on him at a stoplight and pointing guns at his car.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 01:46:07 PM »
Good interview. MC Eiht says things didn't get heated between him and DJ Quik, but Vlad should have asked him about the accusations on 'Dollaz n Sense' when Quik mentions his guys running up on him at a stoplight and pointing guns at his car.

that was the suge situation eiht was talkin about

wasnt no accusation that shit was suge doin

if suge was gone talk 2 u man to man sayin he aint bout that bullshit n he wont do nuthin to your mom..why the fuck he box u in with multiple niggas

eiht lies never match up

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 02:07:30 PM »

he wasnt lyin

far as the quik shit..

he knew the quik songs..

3rd Coast..Da Realest!

what it do breh..

im jus sayin tho..eiht steady makin his gang bang card look hard..

but quik was pullin it the entire beef
]
eiht was a puppet...them trag niggas put the battery in eihts back to diss quik..they took offense

mike t was a bllod..eiht knew that top of the tree wasnt a diss..them niggas sold that shit to make it a diss

hell eiht had a mutual friend of quiks..amg..he coulda got on the phone n got at amg to speak to quik..on grown man shit..he had niggas in his ear tho

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 05:22:24 PM »

I disagree completely. Listen to the interviews - it's obvious that Vlad is a real fan of most of these rappers. Would he really go to the trouble of filming and producing an interview with someone like Tray Deee or Kam or MC Eiht or Cold187Um just for views on Youtube? Surely they're not "big" in the current culture, and more views could easily be obtained by interviewing people with much larger fan bases. It seems obvious to me that Vlad is letting his personal interests guide his selection of interview subjects as much as (if not more than) his desire for Youtube ratings.

He only started interviewing a lot of westcoast guys because of Straight Outta Compton, the only other reason is he's infatuated with gang life, seriously you can tell every time ask Tray Dee, or any of the gang affiliated rappers about gang stuff, you can hear the spark in his voice. He's  wanted to be apart of that life since he heard Ice Cube talking shit in Gangsta Gangsta, hell that's why he's always been taking shots at Ice Cube since he's discovered Ice Cube wasn't a gangbanger (something that was never ever once stated in his career).

Vlad is nothing more but a sheltered suburban dwelling fag, he pushed Slim Jesus hard constantly talking about "but he's honest" bullshit. No he wasn't he lied on the mic, he straight up said he only did that shit to be fucking cool, which is about as try hard as you can fucking get. However Vlad is so far removed to what rap actually represented or what N.W.A represented and was, he actually believe N.W.A Influenced gangbanging into other parts of the nation. He has no true history of the culture that spawned reality rap, despite growing up during that Era.

He never had any connection to that type of environment, but because he does interviews with the people that due, you constantly hear him brag about who he knows, like that gets him points. Case in Point: Slim Jesus, he tried flexing like he was into some shit by telling him "I've interviewed the real killers". Like that means anything, that doesn't mean jackshit, he's a media reporter, anything he interviews is straight up a separate entity and doesn't garner him any type of respect in that manner.

The only reason I watch him is because  he lets (when he doesn't interrupt like a retard) the people who interview speak there mind, without them having to censor themselves.  That's it, other then that Vlad is simply wigga trash. Plus he looks like the clown from Devils Rejects.

Don't believe me? Google him and then look up "clown Devils Rejects". LOL

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 12:34:20 AM »

if suge was gone talk 2 u man to man sayin he aint bout that bullshit n he wont do nuthin to your mom..why the fuck he box u in with multiple niggas

Gotta remembers it was the 90s, almost every city in cali was a warzone during that era, the southland/Oakland became infamous for that shit (even though every city was getting it in during that era). Suge securing the situation with niggaz makes sense, think at it from his view from a security situation, he's about to come up on someone from a rival set, near his mothers house, That nigga could get extremely paranoid and do something stupid. Paranoia and fear will make a motherfucker pull the trigger faster then any anger will. So him showing out with all that muscle was basically a sign that anyone can understand, if you come at him in a malicious manner you will face instant retaliation.  Running with a big ass crew every where was common back then.

bouli77

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 08:56:31 AM »

He never had any connection to that type of environment, but because he does interviews with the people that due, you constantly hear him brag about who he knows, like that gets him points. Case in Point: Slim Jesus, he tried flexing like he was into some shit by telling him "I've interviewed the real killers". Like that means anything, that doesn't mean jackshit, he's a media reporter, anything he interviews is straight up a separate entity and doesn't garner him any type of respect in that manner.

The only reason I watch him is because  he lets (when he doesn't interrupt like a retard) the people who interview speak there mind, without them having to censor themselves.  That's it, other then that Vlad is simply wigga trash. Plus he looks like the clown from Devils Rejects.

spot on