Author Topic: LETS GO RAMS  (Read 2724 times)

Sccit

LETS GO RAMS
« on: January 13, 2016, 12:51:43 PM »
Officially returning to LA 8)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: LETS GO RAMS
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 12:56:19 PM »
Yall need to bring in Tim tebow to run that offense and sell tickets

DRGNBLZN

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 01:29:02 PM »
It's about time LA has a team again  8). Not a fan of the Rams but i'll have to get tickets.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 05:29:12 PM »

I'm wit it

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 09:24:11 PM »

Bring in Johnny Football.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 10:00:47 PM »
LOL... I was sad the Raiders didn't return, but I think the Rams and Chargers fit the image that the NFL is trying for LA. The Rams had always been more popular in OC and the Valley, and the Chargers just look like a more chill laid back team. I was going to ask who Sccit would root for, because he made it clear that he was rooting for the Raiders but only until LA gets a team. And with the Chargers more than likely moving to LA this year (they have 12 months to move or the Raiders can move to LA next year) my first thought was, I wonder who Sccit is rooting for. I guess I got my answer.

Of course they better win, or we might see this again, (Rams home opener in 1994).

Remedy360

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 10:17:22 PM »
LOL... I was sad the Raiders didn't return, but I think the Rams and Chargers fit the image that the NFL is trying for LA. The Rams had always been more popular in OC and the Valley, and the Chargers just look like a more chill laid back team. I was going to ask who Sccit would root for, because he made it clear that he was rooting for the Raiders but only until LA gets a team. And with the Chargers more than likely moving to LA this year (they have 12 months to move or the Raiders can move to LA next year) my first thought was, I wonder who Sccit is rooting for. I guess I got my answer.

Of course they better win, or we might see this again, (Rams home opener in 1994).

They'll do great initially like any new team, we'll see how it looks 5 years down the road. Even with that said, selling out every game isn't as important as it used to be given all the other revenue streams that owners have these days.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 10:56:46 PM »
i'm rooting for rams, as long as raiders dont move to LA as well.....if raiders make the move, i'll be a raiders fan first. but im team rams for now, chargers will be clippers status to me.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 11:09:08 PM »

They'll do great initially like any new team, we'll see how it looks 5 years down the road. Even with that said, selling out every game isn't as important as it used to be given all the other revenue streams that owners have these days.

That first year, they'll fill up the Coliseum, and that's hard to do. But the Rams have never had that Laker or Dodger status in LA. So you might be right, in 5 years, we'll see.

i'm rooting for rams, as long as raiders dont move to LA as well.....if raiders make the move, i'll be a raiders fan first. but im team rams for now, chargers will be clippers status to me.

I highly doubt the Chargers are staying in San Diego. Now rumors are that the Raiders might move to San Diego, as San Diego is basically another home game for them. From what I've gathered, the Chargers want only two teams in So Cal, because they can't compete for attention against the Raider and the LA Rams. Notice I said LA Rams, because the Raiders have a huge chuck of SD, IE, and LA for their fan base. The only way the Chargers can do somethings is to move to LA, because the Raiders moving in next year would kill a lot of the Chargers fan base in LA. Many of the Charger fans are actually old Rams fans who jumped to the Chargers when the Rams left. Many Raider fans stuck because they didn't leave CA, they just moved back home. So the Rams coming back doesn't really hurt the Raiders as much (it does some though) as it does the Chargers. Which is why the Chargers wanted to move with the Raiders, because to them, the Rams take back fans that the Chargers adopted, but the Raiders and Charger fans are completely separate. The only way for the Chargers to compete now is to move into LA too... and take that Clippers status. Especially if the Raiders have the option to move to LA if you don't take it. The Raiders can move into LA and then the Chargers are squeezed in SD again, like they were 20 years ago. If the Chargers move to LA, they'd be able to keep some fans that became Charger fans over the years, but they don't want the Raiders to move to SD. But, I have a feeling the Raiders will move to SD. Many owners seemed to be impressed with the Raiders basically having home field advantage in SD, and I could see the Raiders in SD, and the Chargers and Rams in LA. My hope though is the Raiders stay in the Bay. I love the Raiders, and I wanted them in LA. BUT, if they ain't in LA, then they need to be in Oakland.

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 11:20:38 PM »

That first year, they'll fill up the Coliseum, and that's hard to do. But the Rams have never had that Laker or Dodger status in LA. So you might be right, in 5 years, we'll see.

I highly doubt the Chargers are staying in San Diego. Now rumors are that the Raiders might move to San Diego, as San Diego is basically another home game for them. From what I've gathered, the Chargers want only two teams in So Cal, because they can't compete for attention against the Raider and the LA Rams. Notice I said LA Rams, because the Raiders have a huge chuck of SD, IE, and LA for their fan base. The only way the Chargers can do somethings is to move to LA, because the Raiders moving in next year would kill a lot of the Chargers fan base in LA. Many of the Charger fans are actually old Rams fans who jumped to the Chargers when the Rams left. Many Raider fans stuck because they didn't leave CA, they just moved back home. So the Rams coming back doesn't really hurt the Raiders as much (it does some though) as it does the Chargers. Which is why the Chargers wanted to move with the Raiders, because to them, the Rams take back fans that the Chargers adopted, but the Raiders and Charger fans are completely separate. The only way for the Chargers to compete now is to move into LA too... and take that Clippers status. Especially if the Raiders have the option to move to LA if you don't take it. The Raiders can move into LA and then the Chargers are squeezed in SD again, like they were 20 years ago. If the Chargers move to LA, they'd be able to keep some fans that became Charger fans over the years, but they don't want the Raiders to move to SD. But, I have a feeling the Raiders will move to SD. Many owners seemed to be impressed with the Raiders basically having home field advantage in SD, and I could see the Raiders in SD, and the Chargers and Rams in LA. My hope though is the Raiders stay in the Bay. I love the Raiders, and I wanted them in LA. BUT, if they ain't in LA, then they need to be in Oakland.

so what are the chances raiders still move to LA?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 11:35:30 PM »

so what are the chances raiders still move to LA?

I give that a 5% chance. I think it's a 95% chance Spanos moves the Chargers to LA, because it's the survival of his team and he has first option with the Chargers. The only thing holding him back is he doesn't like or trust Kroenke, the owners of the Rams. Kroenke is an owner in the cut of Kraft of the Patriots or Jones in Dallas, they are richer than rich assholes who know how to get their way. Spanos is the son of the only owner the Chargers have known, and runs the Chargers like a family business, like Mark Davis in Oakland. So that part is holding the Chargers back, as Spanos doesn't like Kroenke and doesn't want to do business with him. Rumor is that the Chargers are now looking into moving to LA with the Rams, but they aren't 100% sure yet.

The Raiders will move to LA is the Chargers don't. Mark is actually friendly with the richer than rich owners, he's good friends with Jones and was at one time friends with Kroenke. If the little 5% chance Spanos doesn't move, Mark Davis will be there no questions asked. Ironically, that is the exact site Al Davis tried to buy in 1995 to build a new stadium for the Raiders, but the NFL blocked him from building a new stadium unless he had a new team move in. If Spanos doesn't move to LA, but instead Davis does next year, the Raiders will be tenants in the exact same location that they tried to build a stadium 20 years earlier, with another team which is why they moved back to Oakland.

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 09:12:22 PM »

as a raider fan, I gotta say it

but from my understanding people in L.A. always did the two team thing, (Angels and Dodgers, Lakers and Clippers, Ducks and Kings). The market is so big, they always wanted to create that rivalry in order to increase sells. The issue at the time was the selling out of games, but now that the NFL has so much income the issue isn't really about team support.

But the Rams organization always wanted to be the 49ers, they always wanted there fans to be "rich white people" basically, when in reality there bitch ass is middle class. While the Raiders was more blue collar. Regardless the Raiders have the biggest brand out there mainly because they won 3 Super Bowls, 1 in the city its self. The Rams back then basically faded into the backround and were none-existent in terms of anyone giving shit.

The issue for the rams and the chargers (if they move) is will the NFL just fold em up if the 2 teams continue to produce poorly. L.A. is infamous for being band wagon central in sports fronts.  The Rams left once the raiders moved to town, because the Raiders took all the glory, the raiders left for there own reasons, while the Rams left because they had no support. The issue again is if 1 team becomes the dominate franchise the other might get ignored completely.

IMO that's 1 of the many factors that kept the Raiders out, because a second team would NOT be viable from the start because the Raiders team is currently on a up stroke, meanwhile the Rams/Chargers are on a continual down stroke. If The chargers move, then it becomes a race between them for a Super bowl, the team that produces that first will become the dominate franchise for awhile.

But I highly doubt considering both clubs do not really set the same Standards the raiders always shoot for (again, before the haters say anything, the organization basically became massively dysfunctional on multiple levels during our losing period).

With that said I'd rather the raiders be in L.A. or Oakland, some where in the west, I'll be a fan where ever they go, but I'm not expecting them to be able to move into the L.A. market. The NFL screwed Mark Davis and took its final shit onto Al Davis grave with this whole thing, and for the record Mark Davis is a bitch.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 09:23:56 PM »

as a raider fan, I gotta say it

but from my understanding people in L.A. always did the two team thing, (Angels and Dodgers, Lakers and Clippers, Ducks and Kings). The market is so big, they always wanted to create that rivalry in order to increase sells. The issue at the time was the selling out of games, but now that the NFL has so much income the issue isn't really about team support.

But the Rams organization always wanted to be the 49ers, they always wanted there fans to be "rich white people" basically, when in reality there bitch ass is middle class. While the Raiders was more blue collar. Regardless the Raiders have the biggest brand out there mainly because they won 3 Super Bowls, 1 in the city its self. The Rams back then basically faded into the backround and were none-existent in terms of anyone giving shit.

The issue for the rams and the chargers (if they move) is will the NFL just fold em up if the 2 teams continue to produce poorly. L.A. is infamous for being band wagon central in sports fronts.  The Rams left once the raiders moved to town, because the Raiders took all the glory, the raiders left for there own reasons, while the Rams left because they had no support. The issue again is if 1 team becomes the dominate franchise the other might get ignored completely.

IMO that's 1 of the many factors that kept the Raiders out, because a second team would NOT be viable from the start because the Raiders team is currently on a up stroke, meanwhile the Rams/Chargers are on a continual down stroke. If The chargers move, then it becomes a race between them for a Super bowl, the team that produces that first will become the dominate franchise for awhile.

But I highly doubt considering both clubs do not really set the same Standards the raiders always shoot for (again, before the haters say anything, the organization basically became massively dysfunctional on multiple levels during our losing period).

With that said I'd rather the raiders be in L.A. or Oakland, some where in the west, I'll be a fan where ever they go, but I'm not expecting them to be able to move into the L.A. market. The NFL screwed Mark Davis and took its final shit onto Al Davis grave with this whole thing, and for the record Mark Davis is a bitch.

fuck that noise, ima go wit la over oakland all day....i was too young when raiders was in oakland, so i never had an attachment to em like that, i was a casual fan at best. if they come to la, that'll be optimal. but until that day, im reppin the team that reps my city, LA RAMS 8) 8) 8) 8)

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 09:27:52 PM »
they go 7-8-1

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 09:46:34 PM »

The only reason the idea of the raiders moving to San Diago is because that city wants a team to not waste the stadium they built, and the City its self has a huge fanbase for the raiders instead of the hometeam. that issue steams with the history of the NFL.the Westcoast Market is that California originally did not have a major team outside of the 49ers, who did not produce any major results. So when the raiders were created from the young upstart AFL and Dominated and continued to to do so post merger and bring the first super bowl to the Bay and California that's what caused the Chargers and 49ers to become irrelevant.The Chargers and Raiders were born in the same year in the same league, but only 1 team manage to consistently dominate and more importantly develop a persona that resonated with people off field.

The 49ers mean while marketed themselves as a uptight clean up rich elitest type of club which put off the bulk of the southland, and Football it's self wasn't reaching major levels until the NFL-AFL rivalry forced it to, So many before the raiders didn't care, or were simply fans because nothing else was in  Cali. Then all of a sudden the 49ers started to win Super bowls like a motherfucker, which in turn gave the 49ers a more rich history which is why now the bulk of people are either Raiders or 49ers today.

Meanwhile the chargers since it's inception have not done anything super substantial post-merger, same with the Rams (until they won a super bowl).The Rams never produced anything while in California, causing them to be irrelevant when it came to the already 3 Established clubs (Two of which were Juggernaut clubs, and another that already had established territory).they got wipe off the scene when the Raiders moved to L.A. , They had to move to become viable.

The main issue with the California market is purely because of history, the 49ers and the Raiders won super bowls and established themselves as winning clubs, while the Rams and more importantly the chargers have yet to do anything.  The NFL Recognize this so is trying to give the two teams a even footing, however until the chargers win they'll never have a viable market. In order for them to survive and make money they need to produce a winning dominate team. That's what helped the Panthers and Seahawks escape from obscurity, it's the only way.  The entire debate wasn't even about them it was Rams vs Raiders, they are such a non-threat they weren't even discussed.

The Rams will be the dominate factor if Chargers move because the rams have 1 Super bowl under there belt. The Raiders would be the dominate if they moved in with the Rams, because history has already shown this and would basically repeat its self, especially since the Raiders are on the upstroke, while the rams are currently struggling.