Author Topic: Statik Kxng is far better than any album or project by Kendrick...  (Read 12237 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: Statik Kxng is far better than any album or project by Kendrick...
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2016, 05:18:56 AM »
Crooked is a better lyricist yes...but Kendrick makes better songs and music IMO

I like Crooked a lot. But dude has never in his career put out a song with lyrics as good as this:

And that's just one of many. Kendrick is the far better lyricist.

I like Kendrick a lot...but no

Crooked regularly out shined a prime Kurupt in the 90's, could Kendrick have done that consistently?

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 10:41:08 AM »
Crooked is a better lyricist yes...but Kendrick makes better songs and music IMO

I like Crooked a lot. But dude has never in his career put out a song with lyrics as good as this:

It's just deeper, but crooked is a much better lyricist

Blood$

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2016, 03:02:56 PM »
Crooked I only has "bars" or punchlines over K-Dot

Kendrick bodies him lyrically in every other aspect lol

CORREA

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2016, 05:38:21 PM »
one of my fav kdot tracks

what i like bout kdot is you can feel the lyrics word for word and isnt just another lyrical rapper just using random shit just to rhyme crook has the habit of spiting a bunch of random shit which sometimes just seems just words coming out his mouth and nothing more then he prob use a wack ass beat to make it worse too me one of crooked biggest flaws is his beat selection 

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2016, 06:45:25 PM »

That's what lyrical typically means tho .. Rhyme structure, punchlines, metaphors, similies, multis..what u call "BARS"

What you're talking about is content, not lyricism

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2016, 07:53:29 PM »

That's what lyrical typically means tho .. Rhyme structure, punchlines, metaphors, similies, multis..what u call "BARS"

Hes not too bright

Blood$

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2016, 09:01:18 PM »

Hes not too bright

lol if that's all lyricism is then guys like Jadakiss, Fabolous, Cassidy, Papoose, etc. > Crooked I

being "lyrical" is way more than just rhyming a bunch of random words together and throwing in clever punchlines, Kendrick has all of that and can put together actual songs that resonate with the listener and are memorable, no offense to Crooked I but he just can't hold an album down front to back without getting boring at some point because you need more than some BARS

I respect what he does but he's just not on Kendrick's level

Blood$

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2016, 09:04:52 PM »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2016, 09:10:24 PM »
static kxng is far more than just "bars"

that's a pretty retarded statement dawg

Blood$

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2016, 09:12:54 PM »

says the guy that called Kendrick an "industry plant"  :eh:

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2016, 09:31:09 PM »

how isn't that true??  Kendrick ain't that popular in rap circles but the media keeps pushing him on us.

Blood$

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2016, 09:37:36 PM »

how isn't that true??  Kendrick ain't that popular in rap circles but the media keeps pushing him on us.

so Kendrick didn't capitalize off being on Game's cypher joints from the BWS Journal Vol. 1 way back in 2006, and didn't pay his dues for years by being under Jay Rock's wing until it was his time, and didn't have a slow building hype about him before the Dre co-sign?  ::)

Post Malone, Desiigner, etc. are industry plants dawg, you clearly don't know what that term means but there's a brief definition/example for you lol Kendrick has a genuine grass-roots following and I don't know what rap circles you're referring to where he isn't mentioned unless it's a COB forum  :laugh:

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2016, 09:42:40 PM »
Kendrick lamar has been given his success.  dude was biting lil wayne for years and you know it.

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2016, 01:00:13 AM »

Hes not too bright

lol if that's all lyricism is then guys like Jadakiss, Fabolous, Cassidy, Papoose, etc. > Crooked I

being "lyrical" is way more than just rhyming a bunch of random words together and throwing in clever punchlines, Kendrick has all of that and can put together actual songs that resonate with the listener and are memorable, no offense to Crooked I but he just can't hold an album down front to back without getting boring at some point because you need more than some BARS

I respect what he does but he's just not on Kendrick's level

But there's different aspects of rap, and what you're talking about is referred to as content not lyricism..and jadakiss, fab, papoose are all nice lyrically, but I'd still take crook over em all day.

CORREA

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2016, 06:13:52 AM »
Kendrick lamar has been given his success.  dude was biting lil wayne for years and you know it.

lol ur a retard :D the way it goes

Kendrick = W
crooked = L

he has only himself to blame for being a L is it a shame yes but we all are responsible for the choices we make crooked never evolved same flow wack beat selection tracks sometimes a snooze fest

compare as you would say a Wayne biter Kendrick was already levels way ahead of Wayne on his first tde solo mixtape in 09 to Kendrick today
crooked is a m&m ass kisser
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 06:16:32 AM by OldSpunkers.com »