Author Topic: Fat Joe & Remy Ma - Plata O Plomo (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1540 times)

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

Re: Fat Joe & Remy Ma - Plata O Plomo (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 01:14:21 PM »
My buddy was hyping this on social media...but he's extra hype beast type of dude, always wants to be the first to hear something but I'll give this a listen.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 04:57:58 AM »
6/10.  Nothing special.  Just current street music.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 08:00:12 AM »
not a bad album at all, most definitely a few hits on here... not something I'll play frequently but I fucked with these joints the most:

“Warning” f. Kat Dahlia
“Swear To God” f. Kent Jones
“How Can I Forget” f. Kent Jones
“Say Yes” f. Sevyn Streeter & BJ The Chicago Kid
“Money Showers” f. Ty Dolla $ign
“Dreaming” f. Stephanie Mills

Young Old Head

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 10:02:43 AM »
Really nothing special as expected...

Not a fan of Fat Joe or Terror Squad?

i used to be a huge TS fan, but this album is pretty much irrelevant. decent attempt at modern sound at best. wasn't feeling it. it's more like a compilation of singles than a cohesive body of work.

Cash Money Blood Gang

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 05:29:27 AM »

i used to be a huge TS fan, but this album is pretty much irrelevant. decent attempt at modern sound at best. wasn't feeling it. it's more like a compilation of singles than a cohesive body of work.

Wow.  Spot on!
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

2Relevant

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »

bouli77

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »
this bum better hope this album sells which it wont

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/fat-joe-being-sued-by-co-founder-of-his-nyc-sneaker-store-news.29307.html?

I wouldn't be too worried about him. Empire is the hottest independent label in the country now and All The Way Up went platinum in 2016.

2Relevant

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 02:42:10 PM »

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/fat-joe-being-sued-by-co-founder-of-his-nyc-sneaker-store-news.29307.html?

I wouldn't be too worried about him. Empire is the hottest independent label in the country now and All The Way Up went platinum in 2016.

Empire is just another e1 just a bunch of random people putting out album thru them
now strange music is a real independent label as tech is also the most successful indie artist and label of all time

as far as Fat Joe & Remy Ma goes Plata O Plomo did horrible as far as numbers and their 15 mins of fame is over unless they can come out with something special

Blood$

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 02:45:47 PM »

Empire is just another e1 just a bunch of random people putting out album thru them
now strange music is a real independent label as tech is also the most successful indie artist and label of all time

as far as Fat Joe & Remy Ma goes Plata O Plomo did horrible as far as numbers and their 15 mins of fame is over unless they can come out with something special

artists are making bank through Empire though, that's why they've been gaining popularity and more are starting to use them for distribution

Fat Joe and Remy Ma probably made the same amount of money off 10K sales that some major artists would have to sell 100,000 units to make

2Relevant

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 01:38:43 PM »

artists are making bank through Empire though, that's why they've been gaining popularity and more are starting to use them for distribution

Fat Joe and Remy Ma probably made the same amount of money off 10K sales that some major artists would have to sell 100,000 units to make

trust me im right remember the saying bout mr cockroach man and look what happened to him  8)

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 03:13:06 PM »

trust me im right remember the saying bout mr cockroach man and look what happened to him  8)

elaborate

Okka

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2017, 12:04:18 PM »
Is this really that bad? I still haven't had a chance to sit down and listen to this :laugh:

Blood$

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2017, 05:08:04 PM »
Is this really that bad? I still haven't had a chance to sit down and listen to this :laugh:

it's not bad at all but nothing too special, I'd give it a 3.5/5