Author Topic: OG PRESS OF DOGGYSTYLE WITH 19 TRACKS IS UP ON EBAY  (Read 11364 times)

Eddz

Re: OG PRESS OF DOGGYSTYLE WITH 19 TRACKS IS UP ON EBAY
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 02:56:37 AM »
I still have my copy of this version too.

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 03:09:49 AM »
once heard it said that the first pressing of doggystyle was a million and they all have the extra track

dnjp4life

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 04:55:05 AM »
Found the original pressing at the end of my digging session at Ameoba in San Francisco last year just as I was about to leave.  As you can imagine I brought it right away.

2Relevant

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 06:29:08 AM »
i wonder who was the moron who payed $100 for a typo

not a typo lol there actually is an extra joint on there. bet the value doubles in 5 years, its an investment.

i dont see a market for collecting music in 5 or 10 years since cd copies of anything will be obsolete by then and whats left is a bunch of old guys holding on the music that doesn't even matter  8)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 07:56:14 AM »

not a typo lol there actually is an extra joint on there. bet the value doubles in 5 years, its an investment.

i dont see a market for collecting music in 5 or 10 years since cd copies of anything will be obsolete by then and whats left is a bunch of old guys holding on the music that doesn't even matter  8)

Sad but true. Although vinyl has made a comeback of sorts hopefully CDs will follow

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 07:58:58 AM »

nobody uses vinyl anymore and it's worth more than ever .. the more things get phased out, the higher the value will be. just like baseball cards.

2Relevant

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 08:27:29 AM »

nobody uses vinyl anymore and it's worth more than ever .. the more things get phased out, the higher the value will be. just like baseball cards.

and who do you think collect baseball cards old people vinyl and cds irrelevant today's youth dont give a shit bout any of these the cycle ends there not trying to be an ass im just being realistic you know it and i know it any collectors out there holding on to old shit thinking its going to be worth something dont bother get rid of it and flip it while you still can there's really no point in collecting for example 2pac aeom from every damn country thats just retarded its the same bullshit

the retards at b1 see the light thats why they getting rid of all those nobodies of nobodies no one other then dub gives a fuck about

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 08:40:05 AM »
nobody uses vinyl anymore

maybe there story is different over there, but here vinyl is coming back.. in a funny way

in the last year i can walk into the supermarket (big box store?) next to my office and buy reissue "classic" LPs. including dre2001.. mostly reissues on heavy gauge vinyl, ironically aimed at the same market as those cheapo briefcase record players

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:47:25 AM by Don Seer »

2Relevant

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 09:53:06 AM »
nobody uses vinyl anymore

maybe there story is different over there, but here vinyl is coming back.. in a funny way

in the last year i can walk into the supermarket (big box store?) next to my office and buy reissue "classic" LPs. including dre2001.. mostly reissues on heavy gauge vinyl, ironically aimed at the same market as those cheapo briefcase record players

again guess who is  buying it ?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 10:45:22 AM »
I had the tape and played the hell out of it. I wasn't aware that they took off G'z Up, Hoe'z Down, so when my tape finally died a very violent death in my cassette player, I bought the CD. I spent 3 or 4 listens trying to figure out what happened to G'z Up, Hoe'z Down. It was the 90's, before the internet, so I couldn't just look it up.

Might have to scoop up the OG CD, if I could trust this seller.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 11:38:23 AM »
I had the tape and played the hell out of it. I wasn't aware that they took off G'z Up, Hoe'z Down, so when my tape finally died a very violent death in my cassette player, I bought the CD. I spent 3 or 4 listens trying to figure out what happened to G'z Up, Hoe'z Down. It was the 90's, before the internet, so I couldn't just look it up.

i'm the seller.. u can trust me, i've known u for almost 2 decades now

:tupachappy:

Don Seer

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 12:02:21 PM »

there are rumours of other DR releases on tape with the odd extra track.. gang related for one i believe.

again guess who is  buying it ?

hipster scum?

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 12:06:36 PM »
^^belt is a bitter old man, he used to post on here under the name correa, comin in every thread with pure anger .. people don't buy collectibles to use them, they do it as a hobby. u think people who buy currency from the early 1900's go to the store and purchase stuff with that money? considering snoop will be a legend forever, this cd will only go up in value. period.

dj coma

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »

there are rumours of other DR releases on tape with the odd extra track.. gang related for one i believe.

again guess who is  buying it ?

hipster scum?

Don't remember any extra tracks on the Gang Related cassette. You're probably thinking of the rare 98 rerelease of Gang Related but that was CD only. MWTC, Above the Rim, and Daz's solo all had extra track(s) on the cassette versions.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 03:28:47 PM »

Don't remember any extra tracks on the Gang Related cassette. You're probably thinking of the rare 98 rerelease of Gang Related but that was CD only. MWTC, Above the Rim, and Daz's solo all had extra track(s) on the cassette versions.

The re-release had the tracks printed on there. Nothing hidden about it