Author Topic: should i get ps2 now or wait for x-box or gamecube  (Read 237 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: should i get ps2 now or wait for x-box or game
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2001, 12:46:43 PM »
1) SEGA ARE NOW A 'THIRD PARTY GAME COMPANY' THEY MAKE GAMES FOR OTHER CONSOLES SO YEH NEW SEGA GAMES WILL B MADE 4 THE PS2, XBOX AND GAMECUBE

2) XBOX AND GAME CUBE IF SUCCESSFUL (AS I THINK THEY WILL) THEN THEY WILL HAVE A GOOD FUTURE OF GAMES

3) GRAPHICALLY THE GAMECUBE WILL RULE, BECAUSE IT IS BEING MADE AS 'SOLELY A GAMING CONSOLE'
THE PS2 WAS DESIGNED 2 B AN 'ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM - DVD ETC'
THE XBOX IS A 'PC IN A BOX' - SO IT WILL ALSO B CONCENTRATING ON ITS 'PC' FEATURES AS WELL

4) GAMECUBE WONT HAVE A DVD, ITS NOT BEING DESIGNED AS A 'ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM' BUT A 'PURE GAMING CONSOLE' THE XBOX WILL HAVE MANY FEATURES OF A PC AND AS WE KNOW THE PS2 IS ALSO DESIGNED 4 ENTERTAINMENT (DVD ETC)

peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

min0rity

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2001, 01:03:28 PM »
naw i heard that gamecube has DVD too also but it costs 100 dollars extra and also this is my last question: then what do ya'll recommend me to buy???????  ps2, x-box or gamecube??????

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2001, 01:07:07 PM »
X-BOX
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

ROCCY

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2001, 02:30:25 PM »
NO! buy Sega Genesis it Rulez... JK LOL i'm messin with your head  ;D

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2001, 01:29:37 PM »
I'd go with GameCube and then a PS2 when the price drops. You can't beat Nintendos 1st and 2nd party games(plus the kiddie image will not be a factor with this new system). The PS2 will satisfy all your 3rd party cravings. Plus.... if your a big Sega fan, and like Sonic; he will make his next console appearance on GameCube only, peace.

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"

Murrow

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2001, 01:54:20 PM »
PS Muthaphukkin 2!  Better libary of games.

Pimplegionär

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2001, 07:08:50 AM »
I just say " Devil May Cry " & " Metal Gear Solid 2 "

if u won`t like these games go and play Pokemon on the Game Cube.

def ps2.
Westcoast4ever

Dominator

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2001, 01:51:11 AM »
Whassup all...

I bought the very first model ps2 when it came out in japan WAAAAAY long ago ! so i pretty much know what to expect from the black box. It is awesome.. one of the best purchases i've made (well.. GT3 was anyways) ...

and i'm not bias in any way towards sony either.. i'm actually quite excited about the X-Box and (although to a lesser extent) the GameCube.

as for which console you should buy .. that all depends on what kind of games / franchises you prefer..

Ideally .. get all 3 of them !  you know they're all going to be absoloutely awesome.. with stand out games on each platform.

Playstation 2 : Games i have that are fucking awesome :

GT3 - It's amazing. the replay value in this game is ridiculous. i still get as excited playing now as i did when i played it for the first time.. top stuff..

Tekken Tag - i'm a fan of the series.. same gameplay, better graphics.. tag feature.. can't go wrong really.

NBA Street - it's NBA JAM but outdoor courts, street rules, trash talking, and personality.. fucking awesome.

SSX - Fast and fun..

Twisted Metal Black - great fun with friends

plus there are hea's and HEAPS of games out there that rule.. like Onimusha, Final Fantasy X, etc..

you may be thinking the games so far on the ps2 have been ok, but not anything super special.. is because developers are having to learn the system over again.. it's tough to program for, becasue it's new.. once they have some decent experience with it.. they'll be churning out much better games.. look at GT3 for a prime example of what the hardware is capable of.. and this is only the beginning..

and with games coming out like Metal Gear Solid 2, Devil May Cry, the Getaway, and a handful of others.. i'd reccommend the system to any serious gamer..

the X-Box is also really exciting, and i'm anxious to see if this is going to take off in Japan.. i have my doubts.. if Microsoft can pull off a successful launch, and get a large number of units out.. i have no doubt that this console will be totally successful..

Games like Dead or Alive 3, Lord of the Rings, Jet Set Radio : Future, and shitloads more are already looking out of this world...

The Gamecube... i'm still not sold.. i know they're still trying to sway from being the "kiddie" console.. but their developers are still programming cartoony kind of games.. with the exception of resident evil and the like.. games like luigi's mansion, and zelda especially are so kiddie it's not funny.. zelda has made the switch on the new console to being a cel shaded anime jap cartoon theme.. it does look cool.. but far too cartoony for my liking..

if you like sports games.. you'll be a winner on any console.. EA sports will be bringing their franchises to all of them.. as will SEGA i presume..

I think Sony will be the leader of the market.. only by a fraction..

my biggest concern with the X-Box is the fact that really.. it's just a portable pc with a good graphics card. The controller looks kinda shitty too (nothing has yet been as comfortable as a sony controller). buy yourself a pc with a Geforce 3 and you're almost got yourself an x-box already.. i assume a lot of the games will be PC ports as well..

the x-box can rip audio cds to the harddrive also.. and you can play those tracks while you're playing your favorite game.. if you're so inclined..

but yeah.. that's my opinion on the matter.. good luck with your purchase min0rity .. i don't think you'll lose either option you take..

but to make a more educated decision.. don't hesitate to visit the ign sites..

http://ps2.ign.com
http://xbox.ign.com
http://cube.ign.com

there you should find more than enough information on the console and the games coming to them..

Peace.
Dominator.

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2001, 10:01:19 PM »
IGN definitely has the best info out!! Check'em out, cuzz now I'm starting to change my mind about the PS2, and look more into the X Box. I'll definitely get a GameCube; now it's between a PS2 or X Box for my 2nd console!!

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"