Author Topic: XBOX vs PS2  (Read 490 times)

KVB

Re:XBOX vs PS2
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2003, 01:42:43 AM »
[size=10]X-BOX[/size]

It's 9084342324 times better than the PS2, trust me... and don't forget to pick up Halo while you're at it. Best FPS ever.

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2003, 01:48:13 AM »

[size=10]X-BOX SUCKS[/size]

ps2 all the way!!!!!!! woooooo!!!!!!!

kick ass album

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2003, 01:54:34 AM »
The X Box has a lotta cool features, but I still prefer the PS2.

elneckio

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2003, 04:25:25 AM »
Go for the one that has the games you want to play.

Out of the two I would go for XBox as it has just got Burnout 2 and will have Doom 3 in the future.
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

The Watcher

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2003, 04:43:16 AM »
ive got a modded xbox, so i'm gonna have to go with the xbox .. its got a 120gb hard disk in it
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Big BpG

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2003, 07:59:19 AM »
I would by a PS2, I own all three systems and  all my xbox does is sit around. I try to enjoy it but don't. PS2 is a very reliable system, just as reliable as Xbox... there are tons and tons of games for the PS2, especially beat em ups... and soul calibur is coming to the PS2 as well, so need to worry about it being just on the Xbox exclusive. If you really really wanna save money, xbox saves a lot on only memory, but remember, you need to buy a dvd kit to play DVD's... and to play online you need to buy a starter kit, dont believe all the hoopla about getting the adapter included, it wont  work unless you get the starter kit... plus monthly charges... in the end,  PS2 saves you more money online than Xbox... I'd go with ps2, great games, tons of them and no show of them letting up... also  wait a week or two, the prices will be dropping

-Blue

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

The Watcher

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2003, 08:11:44 AM »
duno about anywhere else, but in australia you get the DVD kit with the xbox .. my little brother has pretty much every game system known to man, from the atari 2600, to sega mastersystem 2, all the way through to xbox & ps2, and he swears by the xbox since i modded it for him, only game he says is any good on ps2 is GTA vice city(?)

for me it was more about what i could do with it, ive got a 120gb drive filled with games and movies, video clips etc.. easier than watching it on a PC, or burning cds etc..
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

elneckio

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2003, 09:21:16 AM »
also  wait a week or two, the prices will be dropping

I've heard that too... apparently prices of all the 3 big consoles are to drop :)

"According to the news piece, and as we reported earlier this month, the Xbox is due to drop to $149 in the US. Sony will also be pitching its PS2 at that price. Meanwhile, Nintendo will be dropping the Gamecube down to $99."

from : http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=10639&category=gamers

although a more recent news item says Sony might not be thinking the same or they might be bluffing so sales dont wait for the price cuts ! ;) :

"A price drop for Sony Computer Entertainment's PlayStation 2 in the U.S. is likely not going to happen if we are to believe Kaz Hirai, president of the company's U.S"

from : http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=10865&category=gamers

« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 09:21:39 AM by elneckio »
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Sub-Z

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »
and to play online you need to buy a starter kit, dont believe all the hoopla about getting the adapter included, it wont  work unless you get the starter kit
-Blue

and you have to buy the network adapter for ps2,and xbx is broadband only,and itd help to actually have a few good games to play online for ps2 lol

and ps2 is NOT as reliable as a xbox system,ive never heard of xbox's breaking near as much as ps2s

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2003, 04:07:04 PM »
and to play online you need to buy a starter kit, dont believe all the hoopla about getting the adapter included, it wont  work unless you get the starter kit
-Blue

and you have to buy the network adapter for ps2,and xbx is broadband only,and itd help to actually have a few good games to play online for ps2 lol

and ps2 is NOT as reliable as a xbox system,ive never heard of xbox's breaking near as much as ps2s

Straight up, don't be acting like you don't have to buy no fucking adapter for PS2. Get the BOX man, shits worth it, no memory card bullshit, custom soundtracks with your own music, broadband ready!!

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2003, 04:27:50 PM »
i bought an xbox... gonna place a modchip 2 days from now.... ;D

here in sweden, modchip is actually (legally) allowed  :o

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2003, 05:58:20 PM »
^^^ Good decision IMO