DUBCC - Tha Connection > West Coast Classics

Was PAC’s Loyal 2 the Game Slept On? ...DJ Quik verse Em wrote..

<< < (5/5)

Mak_Corleone:

--- Quote from: Infinite Trapped in 1996 on October 29, 2020, 01:11:08 AM ---Good post... but if you listen to Pac’s verses for the album it far from his A material. 

Too bad Pac’s Life couldn’t keep o.g “Play Your Cards” is one of the top 5 unreleased joints of all time—didn’t like album version.  But they got to hang onto his other greatest unreleased joint “Soon As I Get Home” in og form

--- End quote ---
Pac’s Life didnt have classic songs either, same as LTTG there were just good.
Playa Cardz Right OG had some sample issues and plus the Pac estate had some issues with Johnny J.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96':
^^^ Yes, to the two above posts. ^^

Interesting if "Soon As I Get Home" stayed O.G. because they lost the Master.  Good thing it was lost.

And.. yes, I did hear that "Play Your Cards Right" relied heavily on that Johnny J sample and couldn't be used.  Damn shame, because it would be golden to have a high quality version of that joint. 

I remember where I was in Kansas City it really wasn't until summer of 98', my first year with a drivers license when Pac bootlegs started popping up in record stores.  Not sure how it was legal for them to sell it, this was just before MP3's became popular so you still had to buy bootlegs at the record store.  First Pac bootleg I got summer of 98' had "Play Your Cards" and "Soon As I Get Home" which were easily the best tracks on the album.   Also had "Me and My Homies" on it which came out officially released on Nate's album later that year.  It also had the Bad Azz and Pac joint "Ghetto Star" which sadly Afeni blocked from being released on Bad Azz album a few months later in 98'.  Bad Azz still managed to polish a dope solo, but a Pac feature in those days could of pushed him to gold.  I mean, imagine an album leading off with a Snoop feature/single and then a Pac feature.  RIP Bad Azz and he deserved that for assisting Pac on "Krazy".  Guess he sued Afeni but I never heard what happened with the case.

Jay Wallace:

--- Quote from: Infinite Trapped in 1996 on October 04, 2020, 08:49:25 PM ---I also got Eminem down as ghostwriting Nas "I Carry the Cross" that second joint on the God's Son album.

--- End quote ---

Nope.  Producers also usually get writing credit on songs that's why Em has a publishing credit on that one.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96':

--- Quote from: Jay Wallace on January 11, 2021, 11:21:50 PM ---Nope.  Producers also usually get writing credit on songs that's why Em has a publishing credit on that one.

--- End quote ---

Then he ghostwrote that shit... I bet that shit was completed and all Nas had to do was replace vocals

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version