Author Topic: xbox.. just picked up, burnout2 + tao feng  (Read 287 times)

Don Seer

xbox.. just picked up, burnout2 + tao feng
« on: May 12, 2003, 06:43:12 AM »
been waiting on tao feng for a long ass time.. burnout 2 kinda came outta nowhere, but i bought the original 2nd hand not too long ago and its cool.

will holla back later over impressions...

got a bargain too..

in 'game' (formerly electronics boutique) they were 39.99 each

in MVC they were 37.99 each, and i got a extra 10 off for buyin 2 (by accident too coz i was gonna buy both and didnt know abuot the offer)

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
Re:xbox.. just picked up, burnout2 + tao feng
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 06:59:33 AM »
I HOPE YOU REMEMBERED TO TAKE YOUR GAME CARD TO COLLECT YOUR POINTS !! LOL  ;D   ;)

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 07:03:55 AM »
mvc card..  ;) its 39.99 there without that... GAME is a rip off.. will only buy from them if no where else has it..

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 08:32:12 AM »
Seer get ya xbox chipped, i made a post about it months ago about all the stuff i can do on my xbox..

Im gonna get Burnout 2 in a few days i think as for Toa Feng...

ITS THE SHITTEST FIGHTING GAME I'VE PLAYED SINCE RISE OF THE ROBOTS ON THE AMIGA.

I got that shit copied for £5 and i wish i could of had a refund.

Im one of the biggest fighting game fans there is but tha game is  :P

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2003, 08:54:42 AM »
ohh thanks for making me cry before i even get it home tash... lol

elneckio

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 09:26:07 AM »
RISE OF THE ROBOTS
I remember that, reeeallly bad  :O

Burnout 2 is near perfect for fun though :)
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 02:50:15 PM »
burnout 2 is coo.. :) not as much an advance over the first as i was expecting though. crashes are better coz more bits go flying.. i'm sure its lost a camera angle too.

tao feng aint that bad... its quite hard tho.. but i'm getting there ;)

altho GFX arent up to DOA3 standards.. they copied the female jiggly tits thing (hurrah! lol), dont know if the levels break out into other sections yet.. but they defo dont as easily as on DOA3.
they gotta better 'goal' system set up for completing each character which is cool... and u can move between goals from the start so if u cant beat one.. u can have some variety.

the bruises and blood thing is ok, but u can hardly notice it sometimes coz ya too busy fightin... its a bit 'stiffer' that DOA3.. doesnt flow as well.. but its cool.. the fights last longer, and u dont get 3 rounds.. u get 3 lives through the fight. (might be an option tho)

u can fix broken legs n stuff with the L1 button (yeah thats kinda cool too)  theres a 'chi' energy bar thing that builds up...  can do special attacks via that. (the white button)
the black button is like in kung-fu chaos where u taunt, but not as funny and i dont use it coz i always seem to get mah ass kicked for being cocky.. not that i'll learn - like i real life  ;D

its not that amazing.. but i'mma stick with it :)

it might be harder with a pad, but since i like my beatem ups i've got a arcade stick

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 10:37:01 PM »
Ive heard burnout 2 is a really good game

I also like Tao Fang i cant c how anyone can say its the worst game they have played when it good good reviews (ign 8.7/10)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2003, 03:17:04 PM »
tao feng is gonna take some learning.. some of the concepts are new to me

i'm working thru burnout atm..i'll play tao feng when i'm bored of that