Author Topic: Keys to Spurs beating the Lakers  (Read 1786 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Keys to Spurs beating the Lakers
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2003, 05:18:29 PM »
AND another thing

there is a GRIP of NBA players bigger and taller than shaq, but none have his agility or speed or talent NONE, hell wilt wasn't even as good , if you put wilt into todays NBA he'd be the equivilant to Yoa Ming. the only other center you can even compare shaq to nowadays is bill russel.

it's not even the fact that shaq is big that he's so successful, Alonzo Mourning was bigger than him his first 2 seasons and shaq was still better, Shaq didn't even start to gain  mass until he started working out Brian Hill (orlando's old coach for those of you who don't know) told shaq that he's already a monster player but if he were to start doing weight training he'd be unstopable.....of corse his free throw shooting dropped, which is well documented, but for those of you who are old enough to remember NBC use to do a shaq growth chart they showed him in college a skinny tall dude dunking on everyone then they showed him his 4th season with these huge biceps and defined thighs now he's just fucking huge.....shaq was never fat (still isn't FAT) but after he hyperextended his knee he wasn't able to practice suicide and running drills for 2 seasons then when he rolled his ankle it put him out for another season. the best shape shaq was in was in 2000......which we all know what happened then more injuries insued  with his toe , arch , and back foot

it's unfair to say shaq is only good cuz he's big......well shaq worked at it to be big he went from being 268 to being 350 plus by working out like a fucking body builder. Would you condemn Allen Iverson for working on his speed? fuck no if it helps him dominate and control the league let him be.......funny how only the laker haters condemn shaq

oh yeah anyone who has seen shaq's highschool days KNOWS he use to play all 5 position Including point guard, think about that.....then think back to all star game this year when he crossed over brad miller like he was iverson .....then think back to the other all star game when shaq did a 360 dunk like he was vince or kobe, then think back to the 96 all star game when he bashed on dikembe mutumbo like he was Dominque Wilkens...

which brings me to another point.....shaq can pass. when shaq was in orlando in 94' Magic Johnson said shaq had the passing skills of an all star point guard.....and now he's even better and smarter and was the highest ranked non guard in assists averages for a few years now

yeah shaq has no skills

shaq can also defend......and heres the heartbreaker here tone remember last year in the playoffs against san antonio? Duncan tried taking up shaq and shaq stole that shit like his name was gary payton!? ooooo weee tell me shaq has no skills

plain and simple if you don't respect shaq you don't respect basketball ...period

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2003, 05:30:08 PM »

*Always foul Shaq when it look like he's going for a dunk( just for the hell of it)

*Take out Duncan when you have a 15 point lead.....then bring him back in as needed

that's a good way to help the lakers win , if anyone saw the last game on sunday ::)

oh god and tone said laker fans are ignorant

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2003, 05:56:13 PM »
oh god and tone said laker fans are ignorant

not ALL laker fans are, just you Jaky lol

And Scitt, sorry tah dissapoint u man lol

As for Shaq, if u guys cant see this...your blind. Im not saying he has NO skill. Everybody in the league has SOME skill, somewhere. But aside frum watching them on tv, or maybe going to a game...how many of u have ever been up close wit NBA players to see them play? They arent ALL that impressive. Shaq offensive package is VERY VERY VERY limited. He cant do half of the things Duncan can do in the post. He has about 2, maybe 3 moves on a good day. All of which boil down to size. He's clumsy, he has bad footwork (and do NOT even try to say that because Bill Walton's stupidass, or Jack Haley say he has good footwork, that means he does lol). He cant shoot the ball beyond a 5 feet. He's probably shootin better from the line then ever, and its still below average. He travels on damn near every possession, he commits offensive fouls on half of those. Ill admit, he does get fouled alot also...without gettin calls at times. But thats ALWAYS been in the spotlight, and only until this series...have we seen refs actually step up at times and call the offensive fouls he commits.

Im not sayin he's TERRIBLE. But to anyone who thinks that Shaq's basketball skillz are so unbelievably impressive...it reminds me of when your 10 yrs old, and dont know much about basketball, then see someone dunk the ball...and immediately think they are GREAT! Then when u get older, u realize that doesnt define shit in real Basketball. Yes, like Kain said...Shaq can be dominant. Wilt was Dominant. Skillwise tho, neither are all that impressive IMO.

Kain670

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2003, 06:19:47 PM »
But seriously if The Big Show was guarding Shaq

do you all think he would be as dominant as he is now

And NIK stop the bullshit and start talking ;) its obvious your a Die-Hard Laker fan the one that comes around during playoffs - a fan that doesn't know jack about basketball

The best you can do is put up that pope pic

Kain670

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2003, 06:26:00 PM »
if u were to put his skills, in the body of a 6'11 250 lb player...he would not even be an all-star, and possibly not even a starter on his team.

what's soooooooo funny about this quote is when shaq WAS that big(or small compared to now) he was ranked the best highschool center in the nation and was easily an all first team collegiant player the top draft pick in the nba over alanzo mourning , rookie of the year who later led a lottery team to the nba finals in his 3rd year,

ha yeah no skills

LOL don't make laugh.....so your telling me the best high school center in the United States of America went to LSU aka Louisiana State University  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

all the scouts from all the big school saw he had no skills
« Last Edit: May 13, 2003, 06:28:20 PM by Kain670 »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2003, 06:34:12 PM »
if u were to put his skills, in the body of a 6'11 250 lb player...he would not even be an all-star, and possibly not even a starter on his team.

what's soooooooo funny about this quote is when shaq WAS that big(or small compared to now) he was ranked the best highschool center in the nation and was easily an all first team collegiant player the top draft pick in the nba over alanzo mourning , rookie of the year who later led a lottery team to the nba finals in his 3rd year,

ha yeah no skills

LOL don't make laugh.....so your telling me the best high school center in the United States of America went to LSU aka Louisiana State University  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

all the scouts from all the big school saw he had no skills

what Jake doesnt understand though, is the difference between HIGH SCHOOL, and NBA. Being 6'11"-7'0" in high school, u dont have to have a ton of skills to be a top prospect. Sam Bowie was a top pick comin into the NBA...and?

And yah, Shaq had no help in Orlando.  ::)

And what year was it that Duncan "lead" his team to a Championship?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2003, 06:40:01 PM »

And NIK stop the bullshit and start talking ;) its obvious your a Die-Hard Laker fan the one that comes around during playoffs - a fan that doesn't know jack about basketball

LMFAO!!! A guy who said Shaq has no skills just said I don't know jack about basketball...HAHAHAHA, THIS IS HILLARIOUS!!!

LMFAO@The Big Show guarding Shaq...God, please have mercy on this idiots soul...

Kain670

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2003, 06:44:09 PM »
Laker fans please answer this question

Do you think the Lakers actually have a better team than the Spurs include every1 please(bench + starters)? skill wise?

Please tell the truth
« Last Edit: May 13, 2003, 06:45:02 PM by Kain670 »

Kain670

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2003, 06:47:10 PM »

LMFAO!!! A guy who said Shaq has no skills just said I don't know jack about basketball...HAHAHAHA, THIS IS HILLARIOUS!!!

LMFAO@The Big Show guarding Shaq...God, please have mercy on this idiots soul...

Do you always think your right on every issue? Or did a girl tell you Shaq had skills ;D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2003, 07:54:04 PM »

yah, i understand the point Kain is making.

But...umm, the Big Show thing might be goin a bit far. lol.

BTW, u should move that "AKA Now I Know" shit...away from the pic man. Cus thinkin about that being you in the avator, is...what Blade would call..."disturbing" lol

Kain670

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2003, 08:34:33 PM »
Whats wrong with The Big Show playing Basketball

If I was a coach to a team I would sign him........have him lose 150 pounds
and he would be ready after 6-months of b-ball training

lol @ current score for Game 5 Lakers vs. Spurs

58 - 80 Spurs UP  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D NIK I don't expect you to return til Thursday

Kain670

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2003, 08:35:45 PM »
! ;D