Author Topic: Aftermath Demos - Midi Mafia, Denaun Porter, Focus, Jake One & More  (Read 4141 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: Aftermath Demos - Midi Mafia, Denaun Porter, Focus, Jake One & More
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2021, 02:54:22 PM »
Really? I really like it, the drums knock, the snare is crisp and the waka waka waka Pacman sounds are amazing. Battlecat or Khalil, whoever did his thing. Does sound like Khalils drums though and the production is nothing like Battlecat to my ears so I think someones got it twisted.

If we're talking greatest Detox leaks/beats its got to be Topless (which is for sure a Khalil beat, compare it to Compton Sirens and you'll see why I think he did that one too):

This slightly mastered version with that extra bit of shine was so good and it illustrates perfectly what I said about Dre adding layers and layers of production as he works on it further as you can hear the progression from the first TI leak. Wish he'd rapped that reference verse as well as it was dope and extra arrogant but Nas owned this track with one of the best features he's ever dropped.

Can someone who's good with song editing take out Eminem's verse in this version?

The following users thanked this post:

Malcy

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2021, 03:55:37 PM »
Bruno Mars

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2021, 12:50:07 AM »
here: https://sndup.net/63db/d

Could someone up the HQ version of this as it sounds like you edited the youtube rip, quality sounds like ass.

k1000

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2021, 04:12:03 AM »
as u noticed, i edited the youTube rip, as i dont own the hq version.

mtbsm

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2021, 05:09:30 AM »
Really? I really like it, the drums knock, the snare is crisp and the waka waka waka Pacman sounds are amazing. Battlecat or Khalil, whoever did his thing. Does sound like Khalils drums though and the production is nothing like Battlecat to my ears so I think someones got it twisted.

If we're talking greatest Detox leaks/beats its got to be Topless (which is for sure a Khalil beat, compare it to Compton Sirens and you'll see why I think he did that one too):

This slightly mastered version with that extra bit of shine was so good and it illustrates perfectly what I said about Dre adding layers and layers of production as he works on it further as you can hear the progression from the first TI leak. Wish he'd rapped that reference verse as well as it was dope and extra arrogant but Nas owned this track with one of the best features he's ever dropped.

Agree. This and Popped Off were the best. And we got a finished version of the latter

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2021, 09:42:56 AM »
as u noticed, i edited the youTube rip, as i dont own the hq version.

Here you go:

https://dbree.org/v/885e12

Orbyte

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2021, 10:22:59 AM »
Now that I think about it: Those snippets should've been shorter. I mean those beats are nice, but what are we supposed to do with them?
Wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks for them.

Malcy

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2021, 11:10:34 AM »
Now that I think about it: Those snippets should've been shorter. I mean those beats are nice, but what are we supposed to do with them?
Wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks for them.

See I don’t think there really is a market for these. The struggle in getting people to buy the Kanye/Dre stuff is evident enough that as much as people want them they simply aren’t interested in paying thousands per track. I suppose it’s lucky he was the one that bought the storage unit that these were in though. Someone else might have just seen CD-R’s and chucked them out.

I do wonder did he have prior knowledge of the unit belonging to the Aftermath president. He has those other unreleased Dre/Firm tracks as well. It’s possible they were all in the same purchase but there’s been a huge gap in him uploading those snippets compared to this folder of stuff.

SuperSpider

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2021, 11:22:30 AM »
See I don’t think there really is a market for these. The struggle in getting people to buy the Kanye/Dre stuff is evident enough that as much as people want them they simply aren’t interested in paying thousands per track. I suppose it’s lucky he was the one that bought the storage unit that these were in though. Someone else might have just seen CD-R’s and chucked them out.

I do wonder did he have prior knowledge of the unit belonging to the Aftermath president. He has those other unreleased Dre/Firm tracks as well. It’s possible they were all in the same purchase but there’s been a huge gap in him uploading those snippets compared to this folder of stuff.

Not directly related to this case specifically, seeing how the current owner didn't hog the material for decades, but.......this is pretty much what happens when most (hip-hop) tracks remain in the ''vault'' for too long. People who were young and hyped about these decades ago are now much older and have lost interest and moved on, whereas all the youngstas have zero interest in these whatsoever. Many other genres where the value appreciates, but not hip-hop. There are exceptions of course.

Malcy

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2021, 11:33:57 AM »
Not directly related to this case specifically, seeing how the current owner didn't hog the material for decades, but.......this is pretty much what happens when most (hip-hop) tracks remain in the ''vault'' for too long. People who were young and hyped about these decades ago are now much older and have lost interest and moved on, whereas all the youngstas have zero interest in these whatsoever. Many other genres where the value appreciates, but not hip-hop. There are exceptions of course.

Very true. About 15 years ago when I was earning a huge amount of money I would have happily shelled out for this kind of stuff. Now my musical taste is even broader than it was then, and with so much to enjoy, I wouldn’t say I’m not arsed about hearing stuff people are hoarding but it’s more a feeling of realisation that this is a huge waste.

Some part of it is definitely an ego thing. “I have something you don’t but want, give me a ridiculous amount of money”! Don’t get me wrong if I ended up with unreleased stuff I’d probably sit on it for a week and see if I could understand that logic then share it.

There’s a real risk these things will just end up lost. The owner dies and family throw it away not realising it’s value. Not a monetary value but the value people who would get to hear it would gain from the opportunity to.

The TV show Doctor Who is like this. Over 100 episodes thrown in a skip in the 70’s. Some found abroad at stations it was sold to and some in the hands of private collectors who get a buzz from loading up a tape reel and watching it knowing that they are probably the only person in the world with a surviving copy of something that would bring joy to millions and with restoration and physical media releases both money and jobs. It’s sickening.

k1000

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2021, 12:47:05 PM »
Can someone who's good with song editing take out Eminem's verse in this version?

here : https://sndup.net/786k/d (1. Dre, 2. Nas, 3. T.I.)

or: https://sndup.net/6f46/d (1. Dre, 2. T.I., 3. Nas)

HQ version thanks to user Jamal Ginsberg
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 01:03:42 PM by k1000 »

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2021, 01:13:03 PM »
Thanks.

This particular version that we have here has definitely been edited before it was leaked. The Em verse was added in (poorly) as you can hear a quality shift and on top of that whoever leaked it brickwalled the mix.

Did anyone ever get the untouched files?

If you listen to the DOC mix that leaked at the same time it was definitely untampered and I'd be willing to be the original source files for Topless (Mastered) were the same. Sounds much better now without Em on it but I'd still like to hear the proper version now the eHype has died down so whoevers got it, let it ride.

Malcy

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2021, 09:40:56 AM »

Malcy

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2021, 04:32:17 AM »

Orbyte

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2021, 11:10:48 AM »

Sounds like a fake Scott storch beat lol