Author Topic: Coolio appreciation thread  (Read 730 times)

B.A.

Re: Coolio appreciation thread
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2021, 10:38:39 AM »
Dope thread, Coolio has classics! "It takes a thief" is a front to back classic imo and his next 2 albums were dope too. Wish him and WC woulda done more, it was always dope hearing them together.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

BIGWORM

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2021, 08:21:38 PM »
isn’t LV from the Dove Shack or just homies with them?

LV is from the group South Central Cartel.... He was Nate Dogg's idol. There's an interview where Nate Dogg mentions LV and said it.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2021, 12:58:13 AM »
LV is from the group South Central Cartel.... He was Nate Dogg's idol. There's an interview where Nate Dogg mentions LV and said it.

Interesting.. South Central Cartel had a banger on the Show soundtrack which is my all-time favorite soundtrack and LV did his thing on that joint but I keep forgettting to check out the rest of their material.

LV was before Nate?  Seems Nate was already doing his signature sound before LV
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2021, 10:49:18 AM »
Interesting.. South Central Cartel had a banger on the Show soundtrack which is my all-time favorite soundtrack and LV did his thing on that joint but I keep forgettting to check out the rest of their material.

Yeah good question because N Gatz We Trust came out in 94 while The Chronic came out in 92. Was LV on anything else that Nate could have heard. I was listening to the first SCC album and I don’t think I heard LV on that one

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2021, 04:31:27 PM »

teecee

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2021, 08:39:25 AM »

The Show was such a dope sdtrk...has my favourite Pac song ever.