Author Topic: NAS - KING’S DISEASE 2 (Official Discussion)  (Read 2022 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: NAS - KING’S DISEASE 2 (Official Discussion)
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2021, 03:21:45 PM »
Feels like the old days reading Sccit and Dogg’s back and forth  8)

Scitt got a point though if Dogg’s puttin in more work listening to the new Nas than their own project... Dogg got a point though about musicians listening to other shit for inspiration. 

I’ve heard it both ways, like Biggie said he only listened to Junior Mafia shit cause he didn’t wanna be affected by what no wack niccaz was doing and Snoop said once in an old video he just listened to old shit like Dramatics cause he wanna be fresh and not influenced by other artists..

Then on the other hands you got shit like Pac recording “Me and My Girlfriend” and you gotta think that shit was inspired after hearing Nas “I Gave You Power” and in a recent interview someone was talking about how last time he saw Pac he was listening to Nas It Was Written as if he was studying the shit
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2021, 07:23:14 PM »
Feels like the old days reading Sccit and Dogg’s back and forth  8)

Scitt got a point though if Dogg’s puttin in more work listening to the new Nas than their own project... Dogg got a point though about musicians listening to other shit for inspiration. 

I’ve heard it both ways, like Biggie said he only listened to Junior Mafia shit cause he didn’t wanna be affected by what no wack niccaz was doing and Snoop said once in an old video he just listened to old shit like Dramatics cause he wanna be fresh and not influenced by other artists..

Then on the other hands you got shit like Pac recording “Me and My Girlfriend” and you gotta think that shit was inspired after hearing Nas “I Gave You Power” and in a recent interview someone was talking about how last time he saw Pac he was listening to Nas It Was Written as if he was studying the shit

don’t get it twisted, about a year or 2 ago doggy was telling me how he rather just listen to classix and i was tellin him
how stayin current wit new shit can be helpful wit bein on top of music progression .. when lost tapes 2 came out he skimmed over it once n called it bland. i was bumpin it in the whip for a month straight, tellin him to listen again until he finally did n changed his entire opinion on it + callin it classic LOL

i’m not at all opposed to bangin new shit, it just hasn’t been a priority to peep albums the day they drop as of late

doggy simply woke up at 2 am from having wet dreams about nas so he felt inclined to come in here n pop off

as for the album, on first listen, it’s dope.. not classic, but definitely some vintage nas verses on here. while hitboy is a great producer, i feel like the mixing and mastering is a bit underwhelming. anyone know who mastered this? also, the hooks are not some of nas’ best on here. outside of that, shits hard. stand out tracks = nas is good, my bible, death row east, store run, moments .. gota listen some more but i like it on first spin.

Jay_J

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2021, 04:34:33 AM »
Honestly im not into HitBoy's style... i'd prefer to hear Nas on L.E.S., Alvin West and Trackmasters... Premier also..

But there is one thing Nas and Eminem does well... they are already old cats but they know how to catch the vibe of new age and they keep releasing succesful records.

i just miss old days and waiting for this new vibe to be gone :)

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2021, 07:02:16 AM »
Honestly im not into HitBoy's style... i'd prefer to hear Nas on L.E.S., Alvin West and Trackmasters... Premier also..

But there is one thing Nas and Eminem does well... they are already old cats but they know how to catch the vibe of new age and they keep releasing succesful records.

i just miss old days and waiting for this new vibe to be gone :)

not sure what u mean, a lot of these beats got the old school nas feel

only beat wit a new school vibe on here is yktv

Jay_J

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2021, 07:57:11 AM »

not sure what u mean, a lot of these beats got the old school nas feel

only beat wit a new school vibe on here is yktv

i know a lot of em has some old school vibes but with hit boy's own flavor and im not a fan of it.

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2021, 08:52:34 AM »
i know a lot of em has some old school vibes but with hit boy's own flavor and im not a fan of it.

Sounds like somebody hasn’t really listened to the album closely. LOOK AT IT CLOSELY

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2021, 03:43:02 PM »
Album is dope.
Tbh i expected to suck a bit.
But, i was wrong.
Only thing i hated was Eminems verse on EPMD 2, weak punchlines and rhymes arent all that.
Im supprised nobody mentions Erick & Parish verses on the song.
Nas & EPMD were better

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2021, 04:08:29 PM »
Sounds like somebody hasn’t really listened to the album closely. LOOK AT IT CLOSELY

Why is it so important to you for everyone to listen to and like this album??  Who cares?

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2021, 04:37:04 PM »
Why is it so important to you for everyone to listen to and like this album??  Who cares?

Why does it bother you? Simply another existence

HighEyeCue

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2021, 09:21:39 AM »
Album is dope.
Tbh i expected to suck a bit.
But, i was wrong.
Only thing i hated was Eminems verse on EPMD 2, weak punchlines and rhymes arent all that.
Im supprised nobody mentions Erick & Parish verses on the song.
Nas & EPMD were better

Eminem stay ruining tracks huh?

nice to have EPMD on the album 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2021, 10:15:23 AM »
Why does it bother you? Simply another existence

Yeah... I'm with Doggy on this one.. I mean that's kind of what a hip-hop forum is mostly about, a place to talk about the music you are listening to.  So it would make sense that Dogg would come on here and be like, "yo I'm bumpin Nas, this shit is dope, ya'll should peep it."

That said, I got overhyped about Nas Lost Tapes 2 release back in 2019—in retrospect it really wasn't that great.  But a couple of the better songs I already had.

The following users thanked this post: Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2021, 02:29:04 PM »
“Death Row East” is dope cause it talks about 96’  8)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2021, 04:53:00 PM »
Yeah... I'm with Doggy on this one.. I mean that's kind of what a hip-hop forum is mostly about, a place to talk about the music you are listening to.  So it would make sense that Dogg would come on here and be like, "yo I'm bumpin Nas, this shit is dope, ya'll should peep it."

That said, I got overhyped about Nas Lost Tapes 2 release back in 2019—in retrospect it really wasn't that great.  But a couple of the better songs I already had.

I have no issues with someone reviewing an album or saying something is dope, whatever. But for a whole page he was arguing with someone trying to make him listen to it. That’s when it starts to get annoying.

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2021, 05:11:45 PM »
I have no issues with someone reviewing an album or saying something is dope, whatever. But for a whole page he was arguing with someone trying to make him listen to it. That’s when it starts to get annoying.

That person I know personally. It wasn’t really arguing just some ball busting. I’m just here to discuss Nas actually

thegooddoc

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2021, 07:52:27 PM »
This is one of the best new rap albums in a long time.  Love how Nas updated his sound and was able to sound vintage and current on the same album. 

I was surprised by most of the features, loved the EPMD verse, Eminem killed it with his verse, Lauryn Hill was great, and even the A Boogie and YG feature was good.

After about 10 listens, it just keeps getting better.  Definite classic.

The following users thanked this post: Duck Duck Doggy