Author Topic: Let’s be honest the South ruined hiphop  (Read 1462 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Let’s be honest the South ruined hiphop
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2022, 04:54:35 AM »
I find it funny that so many "older folks" complain about hip-hop nowadays when there's still so much new talent out there, u just have to dig deeper and find it. But of course the new rappers ain't as good as the heroes from back in the day, cause u ain't as open and emotionally attached to them as much as u r to the older ones. It's really that simple.

That would be like saying that the reason people don't like the new, talented jazz artists of today is just because they old and close-minded and hanging onto their heroes of the past like Duke Ellington.  Or saying that the reason folks ain't into the new talented disco artists of today is because they are still stuck in the 70's.  But there was a jazz era, and jazz golden age, and disco also had its age.  Shit, Bach, and Beethoven had their age.

There was a hip-hop era—and if you are too young and didn't grow up in it then you may not know it.  I'm talking about just going to the mall, or going to the city, or the football game, or even at school, hip-hop was a big part of the culture in the 80's and 90's—even living where I lived in the Midwest it was palpable and pungent—and if you fortunate enough to be in Queens or such cities it was the dominant force in the life of the city. 

That culture is not what it used to be.. we live in a digital, libtard, LGBQT, mask-wearing, authoritarian-loving sheep culture today.  How the fucc is the hip-hop today gonna be as dope as it was in the 90's when muthafuckaz was hardcore and ran all day in the fuccin streetz??  It's not the same.

Mos Def had the greatest line in his debut when he said, "If you wanna know where hip-hop is at, ask where we are at (as a people).  We think hip-hop is a giant in the hillside, but hip-hop is us, and we are hip-hop.  Ask yourself, where am I at?"
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

heyyou

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2023, 05:12:49 AM »
i saw an interview the other day where klc was saying how master p told him he didn’t really need to mix the music and make it crisp, because most people didn’t have systems that would even notice the difference..he said as long as you could hear the vocals and bassline, you were good to go

it explains why a lot of that no limit shit sounded so cheap.. p gave the producers deadlines and rushed them on the mix, finished or not

i agree with the sentiment of this thread, although in retrospect, mannie fresh was an incredible producer and cash money was actually far better produced than no limit.

The mixing and the sound quality of the instruments/sounds was a big criticism of mine on the No Limit releases (bar a handful of tracks) by Beat by the pound, especially when playing it back on a half decent system in the car earphones.
I just wish Snoop redid Da Game - touch up/re-do some of the beats, make some edits to the tracks (make them shorter, redo some of Snoop's vocals) etc, because there is a solid skeleton to that album, let down by the execution.
This period is when it became quantity over quality and to be honest 2Pac's influence was a fault for some of that. 2pac was able to push out the quality with that work ethic though
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 05:23:08 AM by heyyou »

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2023, 09:05:03 PM »
Fake Mixtapes Where Everybody Rapped Over Same Beats Killed It. Beats Being Mostly Southern So Yeah.