Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Eta (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Anderson .Paak, Busta Rhymes)  (Read 3275 times)

Re: Dr. Dre - Eta (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Anderson .Paak, Busta Rhymes)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2021, 07:19:27 PM »
No. It doesn't sound anything like any of the beats you make and try to pass off on here as Dre's.

If you were to just admit that you're making the beats instead of trying to attach your emulations to someone elses legacy we could all pitch in and actively critique your output. I'll give you a freebie: Whilst you've done a decent job of emulating the basic template of a Dre arrangement you're missing entirely in the creative element and thats why they sound the way they do. Like Uncanny Valley approximations that feel off as they are soulless and lacking in character.

Dre songs all sound like circles. In yours you can hear the straight lines.

Man up and own your output and I'll show you how to find the missing pieces as I know a thing or two about this here.

Either that or keep on pretending you're getting ripped off buying fake youtube Dre beats again and again from seemingly random people who all somehow end up using the same swing preset.

The following users thanked this post: abusive

Hellquist

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2021, 08:01:31 PM »
This sounds nothing like anything on Compton LMAO. This is the shit, son! These dudes need to clean their ears. I am loving the vibe of this track. It's smooth as fuck.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

abusive

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2021, 08:40:04 AM »
No. It doesn't sound anything like any of the beats you make and try to pass off on here as Dre's.

If you were to just admit that you're making the beats instead of trying to attach your emulations to someone elses legacy we could all pitch in and actively critique your output. I'll give you a freebie: Whilst you've done a decent job of emulating the basic template of a Dre arrangement you're missing entirely in the creative element and thats why they sound the way they do. Like Uncanny Valley approximations that feel off as they are soulless and lacking in character.

Dre songs all sound like circles. In yours you can hear the straight lines.

Man up and own your output and I'll show you how to find the missing pieces as I know a thing or two about this here.

Either that or keep on pretending you're getting ripped off buying fake youtube Dre beats again and again from seemingly random people who all somehow end up using the same swing preset.

I think you misunderstand the type beat thing. It's simply a marketing for producers in the community. Also, for you to sit up here and act like Dre's sound can't be emulated by anyone is delusional. Go on yt and search out remakes to classic Dre songs and your see for yourself.

I liked your straight line/ circle point though. That's interesting.

Shag, link me to some of your beats.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2021, 12:24:18 PM »
I think you misunderstand the type beat thing. It's simply a marketing for producers in the community. Also, for you to sit up here and act like Dre's sound can't be emulated by anyone is delusional. Go on yt and search out remakes to classic Dre songs and your see for yourself.

I liked your straight line/ circle point though. That's interesting.

Shag, link me to some of your beats.

Not at all. I know how soundalike marketing goes. Everyone copies someone else till they find their own style but a lot of Dre imitators miss out the vital aliveness that fills his recordings as he gets down with a Motown style of production when it comes to the pocket and air plus the stage. A lot of people miss this and don't have a clue what it is in the first place. Listen vs hear like the other thread.

I didn't say anyone couldn't emulate Dre's old style. Thats been done. After a decade and using the same tools, lots of discussion and tech to get to where they are in their imitation.

What they can't do is a make a joint that makes me feel "Thats a Dre track". The knock offs, no matter how close, always sound derivative and not evolutionary/revolutionary like Dre does. Or did. Plus like I said the groove/swing that Dre has, even if simple, is the best and its one of his defining characteristics that everyone misses because they simply don't catch what he's done.

Bottom line, if you want to be like Dre - Study Motown. I did and its how I see what he does because the same old studio magic they used back then is what gives Dre his edge now and if you didn't come up with oldies then you simply won't know what I'm talking about.

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2021, 12:30:17 PM »
Take that beat in your sig. You're way too stiff/robotic. Next time you're making a beat get loose first - have sex, sip a brew, smoke a blunt, something, anything but tapping away with those stiff little fingers. Second there is no engaging structural progression to hook the listener, entire song is totally flat. Third you need to totally review your mixing process because its obvious you only use a limited set of speakers.

As for the other Beats by Youtube, claim your creations mayne. Stop trying to pass them off as Dre rejects and you might just get somewhere, especially if you listen to what the engineers saying.

abusive

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2021, 01:56:21 PM »

Not at all. I know how soundalike marketing goes. Everyone copies someone else till they find their own style but a lot of Dre imitators miss out the vital aliveness that fills his recordings as he gets down with a Motown style of production when it comes to the pocket and air plus the stage. A lot of people miss this and don't have a clue what it is in the first place. Listen vs hear like the other thread.

I didn't say anyone couldn't emulate Dre's old style. Thats been done. After a decade and using the same tools, lots of discussion and tech to get to where they are in their imitation.

What they can't do is a make a joint that makes me feel "Thats a Dre track". The knock offs, no matter how close, always sound derivative and not evolutionary/revolutionary like Dre does. Or did. Plus like I said the groove/swing that Dre has, even if simple, is the best and its one of his defining characteristics that everyone misses because they simply don't catch what he's done.

Bottom line, if you want to be like Dre - Study Motown. I did and its how I see what he does because the same old studio magic they used back then is what gives Dre his edge now and if you didn't come up with oldies then you simply won't know what I'm talking about.
Nah, it's not about copying per say. I never copy any when I make music. I just make it but if it do happens to sound like it falls into the lane of another big name producer, then that's the type of beat it gets tagged as. I don't believe in having a style as a producer. If someone can hear a beat and know who made it then the producer is more than likely using formulas and getting repetitive.

I don't want to be like Dre. I like Dre as a rapper and even an actor moreso than a producer. I like his hits but he hasn't made one in years imo. For the record I don't hate him either. I'm just not going to sit up here and act like something is hot when it's not.

abusive

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2021, 02:06:41 PM »
Take that beat in your sig. You're way too stiff/robotic. Next time you're making a beat get loose first - have sex, sip a brew, smoke a blunt, something, anything but tapping away with those stiff little fingers. Second there is no engaging structural progression to hook the listener, entire song is totally flat. Third you need to totally review your mixing process because its obvious you only use a limited set of speakers.

As for the other Beats by Youtube, claim your creations mayne. Stop trying to pass them off as Dre rejects and you might just get somewhere, especially if you listen to what the engineers saying.

I agree with most of this in regards to my music. I know you thought you were hurting my feelings but nah, I'm honest wh n I post on others work as well as my own.

A few things though. I'm not trying to get anywhere. This is just a hobby. Secondly, what does my work have to do with anything? It doesn't nullify anything that I posted. My last point is this, Im not running around here claiming to be the greatest producer of all time like Dre and his fans. Get mad all you want but with that comes criticism especially if you aren't living up to it.

I have one Dre type beat on my channel, get over it. Thanks for the listen.

Hellquist

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2021, 05:57:15 PM »
Dr. Dre never said he was the greatest producer of all-time??????

Proc pka KP

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2021, 09:18:58 PM »
The Dre and Paak version is knocking

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2021, 09:32:20 PM »
If someone can hear a beat and know who made it then the producer is more than likely using formulas and getting repetitive.

:dwill:

abusive

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2021, 10:58:50 AM »
:dwill:
Stop dodging the smoke in train of thought regarding flat earth. I even went back to the Hebrew to make it easy for you.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2021, 11:44:57 AM »
Stop dodging the smoke in train of thought regarding flat earth. I even went back to the Hebrew to make it easy for you.

what smoke? i don’t even care about that topic.. it’s meaningless to me. if you wana believe the earth is flat, more power to u. i’m not guna waste my time on a topic that means nothing to me.

Shag Diggler

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2021, 12:13:43 PM »

Jay_J

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2021, 12:22:58 PM »
DRE - ETA
https://dbree.org/v/e88f4

This is a fan made shit which mixed with original sample.

abusive

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2021, 02:02:11 PM »

what smoke? i don’t even care about that topic.. it’s meaningless to me. if you wana believe the earth is flat, more power to u. i’m not guna waste my time on a topic that means nothing to me.
You shouldn't have quoted me then.  :thefuck: I'm not done with that other dEbAte either...  :sas: